Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Space Wreck finally coming to Early Access on December 5th

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Pahris Entertainment; Space Wreck

After being delayed several times, the promising isometric space RPG Space Wreck was supposed to have launched into Early Access last July. However, shortly before that date arrived, developer Kamaz decided to postpone the release indefinitely and declared that the game's free demo was effectively its Early Access build. Many months and many cool updates later, I'd assumed that he'd shelved any plans to have a proper Early Access release, but now that's back on the table. An expanded Early Access build of Space Wreck, which Kamaz describes as the "Full Version Early Access" release, will be launching on December 5th. Here's its fancy release date trailer and the official announcement:

Good news everyone! We are releasing the full game into Early Access on December 5, 2022! That's basically it. Let me just answer some of your potential questions...

How much will it cost?

I want to keep the option to think about it and change it very last minute. But expect a somewhat typical price point in line with most indie titles. There will be a launch discount, of course.

Will the demo be available after the Full Version EA release?

Yes. Please note that we just released a hefty update to the demo - new content, new weapons, and new enemies - so you are getting a fair deal here, I think.

Try the demo before buying the full game, it's an honest, free preview of the product - see if the game is for you and if you find the quality acceptable.

What Full Version Early Access even means?

It means that you are getting full game - A-Z with all of the intended launch content. However, you are getting also all the bugs we haven't yet found. That's the deal.

How long is the Full Version?

One playthrough of a story fork will take you approximately 5 hours.

Note the "fork" part. If you play through the game just once, and even if you complete everything, you'll still see at most 60% of the content. By that I mean, you'll miss out on entire locations - with their own stories, quests, NPCs, and items that are available in the other fork.

And even within this storyline, there are many self-exclusive choices and hidden options and paths to proceed. Space Wreck is intentionally short but full of content.

If you've got other questions, drop them here in the comments or on the message board.

Otherwise - see you on December 5!​

Great news. In a year that's turned out to be full of postponed launch dates, this might provide some consolation.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
^^It's happening again.

The sad thing is that people fall for these retarded innuendo campaigns about games they don't really know anything about. "I heard this game is woke, somebody in an RPG Codex thread said so. Look, there's a female character! Into the trash it goes."
Last time I checked Female starts with F. What does the N stand for?

The decline of the Codex. We get a proper Fallout spiritual successor (not a clone, but an actual expansion of the idea) and shitposters screech about the most insubstantial, peripheral things. You might as well complain that the dev wife is ugly, it would be at least somehow entertaining shitposting.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
The decline of the Codex. We get a proper Fallout spiritual successor (not a clone, but an actual expansion of the idea) and shitposters screech about the most insubstantial, peripheral things. You might as well complain that the dev wife is ugly, it would be at least somehow entertaining shitposting.

The result of the increased leniency towards posters who don’t post about or seem interested in RPGs

MasPingon

Arcane
Master was in the process of transitioning, it's now canon.
^^It's happening again.

The sad thing is that people fall for these retarded innuendo campaigns about games they don't really know anything about. "I heard this game is woke, somebody in an RPG Codex thread said so. Look, there's a female character! Into the trash it goes."
It's simple, you can't expect to create something valuable from hippies and cultists.

Codex Year of the Donut
This game doesn't remind me of Fallout at all beyond superficially, take your blinders off.

While I support Kamaz and my fellow fascists in Ukraine with their struggle against antifa aggression, I will be skipping on this game because it looks kinda gay.

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
What the hell is the "N" option in sex for?

Last time I checked Female starts with F. What does the N stand for?

Good question!

1667736117746.png

It's about defining how NPC should perceive you:
* MAN - everybody sees you as a typical male;
* WOMAN - other people will treat you as a stereotypical female.
And this is where N comes into play: it represents someone who lacks distinct and pronounced male or female traits. Note that it does not imply sexual orientation or how you see yourself, it is how NPC should see you.

Why is this necessary? Because this is a gameplay mechanic. For example, there is an girl who does not like men because of some trauma; she won't open up to you if you are a MAN. She will talk to a WOMAN, of course, but, also, N - if you are not so manly and macho, she will feel comfortable talking to you and that'll unlock some new dialog options, possibly a quest line. On the other hand, if you are N and meet a heterosexual woman, you can have sex (granted, your CHARM is not crap).

Think of it like this, if it helps:
MAN - that's Chad
N - that's incel

Something like that.

Last edited:

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter

Diggfinger

Arcane
^^It's happening again.

Honestly we need a 'foooooreshadowing!' button for Infinitrons words of wisdom.

Interested in this game, also due to the fact that it drops on my birthday

Outmind

Augur
I wouldn't usually ding an RPG for its graphics, but this looks like it came out in 1993. And I don't mean this in a good, Betrayal at Krondor kind of way.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Please in detail explain how the fuck this game is in any way shape or form a spiritual successor to fallout 1? That's a TALL order my friend.

It looks like a cheap knockout off underrail meets fallout trashy

Codex Year of the Donut
For once I agree with dildolos, I don't see the appeal of this game. It seems like an oh-so-quirky indie RPG created to be marketed on a niche hipster area of reddit. A perfect example is the game showing you dice being rolled... Why? What purpose does this serve other than reminding people that tabletop RPGs use dice and your game is totally like a tabletop RPG and quirky and nerdy?
SW-STEAM-fail-CHARM.gif

It makes it look like a digital boardgame. A game that is made for people who want to brag about playing roleplaying games to the point where they end up roleplaying someone who is playing an RPG.

I hope it does well in sales for Kamaz' sake, but it's definitely not for me.

cb.spike

Educated

WTF are you talking about? What game are you talking about? Or is your post missing a big fucking IF ?!?

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
For once I agree with dildolos, I don't see the appeal of this game. It seems like an oh-so-quirky indie RPG created to be marketed on a niche hipster area of reddit. A perfect example is the game showing you dice being rolled... Why? What purpose does this serve other than reminding people that tabletop RPGs use dice and your game is totally like a tabletop RPG and quirky and nerdy?

In short: because I think it works and people love it.

TL;DR

Originally the game did not have dice rolls. Like, at all - there were constant skill gates like in New Vegas.
But playing and talking to players I realized it's boring - you just click through the options, no suspense, no risk.

I added skill checks with possible failure. It was better, but then there was the next problem - you could just click through and hardly notice that anything of interest happened. I decided I need a dramatic pause.

We tried various visualizations but this one was the ultimate success among the people I was testing it on.

I guess it reminds tabletop role-playing gameplay...which is not wrong because a lot of the design decisions in Space Wreck come from tabletop RPGs where you can inspect everything and try anything; then see if you can roll for success or fail hilariously.

But, yeah, it helps with the niche hipster area of reddit, too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom