Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Space Wreck - post-apocalyptic space RPG inspired by Fallout

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
SW-random-pin-safe.gif

While it may seem so superficially, this "Enter random number" option is actually not just for show. There's a 1 in 10000 chance of being right, though it was hard to demo it. You'll have to trust me on this.

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
ThWtCXp.gif

Because "Space Wreck" takes place in, well, space, you need a spacesuit. While you are exploring huge derelict carcasses of former ships and stations, the existence of air could be sporadic at best due to the present hull damage and overall age. That's where the small gauge below the HP bar will come in handy as it indicates whether you are...

a) safe in an oxygen-rich environment (green)
b) outside but safe (yellow)
c) exposed to vacuum and suffering.

An average person supposedly can survive around 15 seconds exposed to the vacuum of outer space. In the game, it varies between 5 and half-a-minute, based on your stats.

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
SW-wont-release-25.png

Instead, we have taken our EA build and releasing it as a DEMO today, Feb 3, 10.00 PST.

If you were looking for a Space Wreck release, this is a complete win-win situation, because:
1) the game is available almost a month early;
2) it's free.

Why did we do such a silly thing? Because when Steam Spring festival announcement came last December, it was clear we cannot make both demo and EA. And, EA does not really qualify for the festival, AFAIK but the exposure from this virtual exhibition could be too good to pass on. So, solution is that we release our game early, call it a demo, don't ask money for it, and, later, release the next planned content update as "EA release". Complicated, I know.

Oh, and btw, if you want to play the gam...I mean, demo, early - write in this thread, I'll send to the first 3 people a steam key that unlocks the demo immediately. A fair bit of warning - it is most likely not the most optimal build if you were planning to "enjoy" the game. I imagined, after few days the demo will be more tested and better. I will create a spoiler thread for feedback: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/space-wreck-demo-feedback-loop-spoilers.137043/

Mortmal

Arcane
Just a heads up - this IS a somewhat raw release. If you want a smoother experience, consider waiting, e.g., for the original release date (Feb 25).
Second time you warned us about it, you are like " please please, dont play my game'' , what's wrong about it now ? :)

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

A passenger shuttle is damaged after a pirate attack and you must find replacement parts on a nearby derelict space ship. -- Intentionally short hardcore role-playing game that borrows as much as possible from best isometric RPGs (Fallout, Fallout 2, Arcanum).

And now there's a demo! Almost like a small stand-alone game, it has everything - intro, branching gameplay, secret lore, and multiple endings.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Each time i see this rotating logo, i think it has Perkele written on it.

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
Based on feedback from the spoilers thread I adjusted the design of the skill check animation to now include difficulty and status (Success/Failure). I think it is not metagaming as your character can most likely sense how difficult the upcoming skill check is going to be (it is expressed in words like "easy", "hard" etc.) and success or failure is also quite discernable.

quote]

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
SW-electric-exchange-3.gif

Critical hits for certain damage types can have special animations now.

Also, basic electric shots now also have some fx to clearly indicate a successful hit. Note: the character in the GIF has abnormally high FOCUS and ranged, that's why every hit is probably critical.

lightbane

Arcane
Will enemies killed by critical hits die in over-the-top animations ala Fallout?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom