Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Space Wreck - post-apocalyptic space RPG inspired by Fallout

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer

nLzJZL.png

Hi! I wanted to invite you guys to try my computer role playing game I made.

Warning: game is complete, however, there are some bugs.
Save often (with [K]), ping me if anything.

TL; DR

PITCH: Isometric 1-hour RPG with skillchecks and everything
Play (in browser): https://kamazs.itch.io/space-wreck

A bit more:

I am a huge fan of Fallouts (FO, FO2, FO: NV) and I've always wanted to make a game like that. Turns out making RPGs is not easy .

UPDATE

6G7IOWr.png

Because I've decided to publish "Space Wreck" on Steam, I've taken the web version offline.

In process of moving to Steam, game has been drastically changed visually and progressively improved in all areas, so much as it - IMO - looks and feels like a different game, remaster in a way. Game will have a price because, turns out, free games rank lower and might give the wrong idea.

I'll soon put on a Steam page, after that there'll be Early Access (because why not have a free +1 launch day) and, if there will be at least some people interested in, full release.

Last edited by a moderator:

Morkar Left

Sounds interesting! Will try to have a look into it. I like the artstyle somehow. Can't get more handcrafted than that!

Very Fallout inspired char generation (Attention! Comes with codex gender option) and I like the promise of the game start.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Game is great fun, just posted about it here because I didn't see your post.

I reiterate my wish for a downloadable version.

Ellef

Deplorable
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
nLzJZL.png

TL; DR

PITCH: Isometric 1-hour RPG with skillchecks and everything
Play (in browser): https://kamazs.itch.io/space-wreck

A bit more:

I am a huge fan of Fallouts (FO, FO2, FO: NV) and I've always wanted to make a game like that. Turns out making RPGs is not easy .

Description for Speech misspells introvert.

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
Thanks guys for warm reception!

It has been played/seen by very few people so there are some bugs. If you encounter some, ping me, so I know what to fix.
e.g. For some people cursor is weirdly misplaced. This seems to be engine problem, try zooming your browser window until cursors match. (e.g. 80%, 67%)

I would suggest saving often (K on keyboard)

P.S.
One of the players reported that the game is, apprently, so hard core that you can die while creating character. :D Will fix that

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
Tried the game, i like this short yolo format and being a muscle hacker is fun.
I couldn't find a spare spacesuit at the bridge for the dude at the orion wreckage, but i found the alternative way to enter the broken ship in the form of a hatch.
I encountered a bug(?) and forgot to save though(edit: or more accurately, i speedread the game description and learned about the save only now), my character lost the ability to move in the middle of the punching session with the drone.
Also, sometimes i can't click on anything after i use "examine" on something, but this one is fixed by re-entering fullscreen.

Mustawd

Loaded it up. Will play it on and off today at work when I need a break.

However, based on the intro alone, there are plenty of grammatical errors. If you want, you can post the intro (I assume you have some kind of word doc or txt file with stuff written down?) and I'll happily edit it.

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
However, based on the intro alone, there are plenty of grammatical errors. If you want, you can post the intro [..] and I'll happily edit it.
Sure, here's the text:
In the XXII century humanity is spread across Solar system
But wild capitalization of market sparks bloody clashes between corporation and asteroid miners that spiral into anarchy
You are inexperienced captain fresh out of the Academy on your first voyage
It is not easy because you are complete outsider to the crew and they don't seem to have much respect for you
To make matters worse, your ship is targeted by some asteroid pirates
and the blast of a stray ion torpedo damages fuel controller chip
Somehow you manage to limp away to nearby spacewreck in hopes of finding a replacement
Crew proposes universal lottery. Despite your status, you feel compelled to participate
Everyone draws the straws
But you get the short one
But, umm, I fear intro text is least of my problems, there are around 30 000 words worth of dialogues there. :/

What's with the yellow washing machines all over the place tho?
I was going for cliche space cargo box with weird circular seal in front. But I guess they look like washing machines

my character lost the ability to move in the middle of the punching session with the drone.
Sorry to hear that :(, I'll try to find the issue, unfortunately the combat part is pretty complicated. Just so you know, you can force end turn with [Enter] and try to end combat with [Ctrl+Enter]. Save [K] and reload [refresh or L] might help as well.

can't click on anything after i use "examine" on something
Added to bug-log. Thanks!

====

Turns out quite a few people tried the game - thank you! Lots of issues sprung up - stuff I missed when playtesting alone. More than I was expecting :/ but, I will try to fix it as soon as I can. Sorry for inconvenience.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Gave it a spin. Some quick reactions:
- Congrats on making such a complex, feature rich game.
- The KOTOR-level quantity of crates to open, some containing apparently necessary items, is quite annoying.
- I don't totally understand why the computer hacking options are identical when you use a computer on the main ship and on the wreck. Aren't these different systems?
- Something seemed to malfunction when using the hacking, where when I got into the inventory window after making the duplicate keycard, there was no way out (the red button didn't work because it said I was still in dialogue). I saved and reloaded and it seemed to let me continue with the keycard.
- In general, hacking felt kind of annoying as it was hard to figure out exactly what I was unlocking.
- I thought I made a deal with the guy to give him a spacesuit and he'd give me the part I needed, but then he just said to go ahead and explore the wreck. In general, there were a fair number of such interactions (the guy who had locked the elevator was similar) where it seemed like the resolution wasn't what had been promised.
- Tone is a little all over the place, ranging from slight earnest to tongue in cheek to fourth-wall breaking.
- In general, solutions to puzzles seemed to be presented before the puzzles themselves. For instance, I talked to the guy who unlocked the elevator before I discovered it was locked.
- I got various valuable things (money, a fancy necklace) without really knowing what they're good for.
- Hit a glitch where I couldn't reenter the ship from the shuttle because it said the door would only open when I'm wearing a spacesuit (I was). I had to pick the door's lock to reenter.
- It felt like maybe too much time was spent on the ship before going to the wreck.
- I lost interest after getting the guy on the wreck his spacesuit, so I'm not sure where it goes from there. I enjoyed the game from the standpoint of, "Wow, look what this guy made!" but as a game, it wasn't as engaging. Many of the quests felt like the kind of things that are made in a learn-by-doing game programming guide ("Now make a quest where you need to go and retrieve an item.") that just flowed into being a complete game.

Still, I think this is a really cool project! Congrats!

Mustawd

Sure, here's the text:

This is my edited version. A couple grammatical errors I corrected, but also made some stylized changes.

In the XXII century, humanity is spread across the solar system
Wild capitalization of the markets has sparked bloody clashes between corporations and asteroid miners, spiraling into anarchy - you really don't need a "but" there.
You are an inexperienced captain fresh out of the Academy on your first voyage - out of what academy? Police academy?
Being a complete outsider to the crew, they don't seem to have much respect for you - maybe add "or your command" to the end?
To make matters worse, your ship is targeted by roaming asteroid pirates - or you can just remove the "roaming" part. you don't need "some" here, tbh.
and the blast of a stray ion torpedo damages the fuel controller chip
Somehow you manage to limp away to a nearby spacewreck in hopes of finding a replacement - maybe replace "you manage" with "the ship manages"?
The crew proposes a lottery to determine who will (wait, what are they drawing straws for exactly?) . Despite your status as the captain, you feel compelled to participate
Everyone draws the straws - stylistically, you don't need the "the" there, but it's fine if you wanna keep it.
But you get the short one

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
Played a bit of it, very fun. However, as others have noted, there is a distinct problem with grammar, though not to a massive detriment of the game.

P.S. You wouldn't happen to be ESL? Hungarian perhaps?

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
What's wrong with the dice rolls? A literal white d6 flies above the character's heads every time someone is attacking, looks cool.
You should be fine with 15 and more in your primary skills.

Mustawd

But, umm, I fear intro text is least of my problems, there are around 30 000 words worth of dialogues there. :/

If you have it in a text or word doc, you can PM a download link and I'll edit it when I'm bored.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
It's always great to see an oldfag rise from the dead and offer us a nice fallout-style crpg

:excellent:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom