Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Space Wreck - post-apocalyptic space RPG inspired by Fallout

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
asda.jpg

Best I could do.

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
Minor: added a label with progress to show how much of the full story player has seen this far:

SW-full-story-progress.gif

Trying to message that while the story is short, the game is bigger than that.

The percentage is calculated as unlocked story beats (represented as stars) versus the total number of possible events. These represent both choices and also just side-quests, sometimes self-exclusive solutions and so on. You can complete the game and never visit whole locations, never meet prominent NPCs and never even get the chance to see alternative plot- and side- quests.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Day 1 purchase you nigger push it out push it OUUUUUUT

The FIRST game in TWENTY FUCKING YEARS to attempt surpassing Arcanum when it comes to reactivity and C&C. I have been waiting 20 years for a game like this.

It better be good.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
SW-qtank-corridor-bam-baram.gif

Meet the qtank - a small and deceivingly cute armoured drone on magnetic tracks.

Allegedly the company wanted a friendly security bot because the cambots - deadly metal spiders - were understandably freaking out a lot of people. Hence the name.
Still, don't let the cute looks fool you - qtank does pack a punch. In fact, the drone is equipped with a variation of Horsestopper gun which is specifically designed to knock the target off its feet upon hit.

Of course, engineer characters can obtain this weapon from the wreckage of a downed bot but it is not designed for humans, so there are skill penalties if you decide to use it.

V17

Educated
People probably said this already, but I want to say I really like the graphics style. It looks kind of low-budget and DIY, but in a good way - it has a nice color scheme, everything fits together and mainly it looks original and not like some plain asset store shit or another stupid fucking 16 bit pixel-art. Nice job! Especially when compared to the first screenshots, although those were certainly original too.
SW-qtank-corridor-bam-baram.gif

Meet the qtank - a small and deceivingly cute armoured drone on magnetic tracks.

Allegedly the company wanted a friendly security bot because the cambots - deadly metal spiders - were understandably freaking out a lot of people. Hence the name.
Still, don't let the cute looks fool you - qtank does pack a punch. In fact, the drone is equipped with a variation of Horsestopper gun which is specifically designed to knock the target off its feet upon hit.

Of course, engineer characters can obtain this weapon from the wreckage of a downed bot but it is not designed for humans, so there are skill penalties if you decide to use it.
However the qtank looks kind of like it's shooting a large trout. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
People probably said this already, but I want to say I really like the graphics style. It looks kind of low-budget and DIY, but in a good way - it has a nice color scheme, everything fits together and mainly it looks original and not like some plain asset store shit or another stupid fucking 16 bit pixel-art. Nice job! Especially when compared to the first screenshots, although those were certainly original too.

Thanks! The reason why it looks the way it does is that the first tileset - from way back - was later used as a base for an updated version by pixelartgnome who is an artist with a distinct style himself. Here's an example of that in his latest game: The Case of aGolden Idol.

P.S.
It was unintentionally fishy but I see what you mean ;D.

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
SW-door-lock-hints-recut.gif

Sometimes you'll get an option to examine a locked door for clues. Roll PERCEPTION successfully and get a hint about where to find the key.

This goes together with this keycard mechanic to reduce potential dead-ends:
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads...-early-access-in-november.121073/post-8152415

This is something you would naturally do in a table-top RPG session, I think and it adds more value to the PERCEPTION attribute.

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
new-content-screen.jpg

The new demo update is up. Details in here:
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1063540/view/3416570446108840995

In short:
* a little bit of new content - quest/location
* new weapons: Horsestopper, Shockgun
* new enemy: qtank
* improved UI scaling/flexibility
* doors to inspect and key remotes
* a lot of bug fixes.

Is early access still going to happen November 2023?

No. I missed the window to announce it a month before release - Steam sale got in the way, don't want to release then.
Kamaz it's Thursday November 2023 already where's the fucking game

That is an excellent point, all I can say - I was inquiring about not announcing the release date. I did announce the release date a few times before - but not THIS time.
In all seriousness though, the delay is because I missed the November window / did not take into account the Steam sale and now I am looking for the next best spot - this year.

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
Space Wreck Full Version Early Access will be released
on December 5, 2022

How much will it cost?

I want to keep the option to think about it and change it very last minute. But expect a somewhat typical price point in line with most indie titles. There will be a launch discount, of course.

Will the demo be available after the Full Version Early Access release?

Yes.

Please note that we just released a hefty update to the demo - new content, new weapons, and new enemies - so you are getting a fair deal here, I think.

Try the demo before buying the full game, it's an honest, free preview of the product - see if the game is for you and if you find the quality acceptable.

What Full Version Early Access even means?

It means that you are getting full game - A-Z with all of the intended launch content. However, you are getting also all the bugs we haven't yet found. That's the deal.

How long is the Full Version?

One playthrough of a story fork will take you approximately 5 hours but this is at most 60% of all locations.

map.png

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Haven't seen this posted.

edit.
That channel has couple other tracks for Space Wreck, too lazy to post them.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom