Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Spaceshock - Sci-Fi Turn Based Dungeon Crawl

Charles-cgr

OlderBytes
Developer
Project: Eternity
There's an RPS article. That is good, but I'm not getting the impression it is boosting them all that much, which is bad. Maybe there should be a Codex newsbit. Small-time indies are getting worried that Codex newsbits seem to focus on the big folks lately ;)

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
There's an RPS article. That is good, but I'm not getting the impression it is boosting them all that much, which is bad. Maybe there should be a Codex newsbit. Small-time indies are getting worried that Codex newsbits seem to focus on the big folks lately ;)

The Codex won't save this project, but yeah, maybe I'll post something later.

Branm

Learned
Never heard of this....First inmpression from pitch (i usually skim pitch first) if absolutly shit .....The pitch video shows pretty decent gameplay footage....

As others have mentioned the broken english will put tons of people off. ANd they REALLY need some concept art, images of the tactical gameplay etc etc in the pitch....If i didnt view the video, instand write off.

Alchemist

Arcane
I'm intrigued but I agree that the pitch is somewhat weak. They definitely could use some gameplay screenshots and artwork on the main page to entice people to sit through the video. The funding goal seems very ambitious.

I wish them luck though - having a decent turn-based sci-fi tactical RPG would be nice.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Goal £$150000 :hero:

Yeah. WHY do they need that much?

Anyways, I backed this. It sounds like they did listen to us (and others). Seriously.... Turn based AND Sci-Fi dungeon crawl? Oh yeah........

They need to do a bit more of their homework though. Hopefully they will come here and share their thoughts with us.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Definitely would've needed loads of pictures since redding is teh hrad for people. Especially great looking concept art seems to get people excited.

Niggles

Barely Literate
Backed. We need more people backing this. Its a scifi turn based rpg ffs. how of these have we had recently (not including steampunk)

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Their first mistake was thinking even a fourth of the people who made those suggestions would back it.

Mortmal

Arcane
They should have gone RT blobber for their first game , they are coming out of nowhere so it would be safer to do something a bit more popular if they expect to not starve .Turn based with 3 characters and obviously only three actions icon each seems very simplistic and not worth bothering at all. On the codex 3D isometric turn based no matter how simplistic it is, means a free pass but that wont fund it .
The estimed deliver date is september 2014 , 150k is really not much to pay one year wages . Dont be surprised if they are looking for a publisher deal after getting the money , if they get it .

Alchemist

Arcane
So, they've canceled the KS for Space Shock, which was not doing well anyway. Anyone have thoughts on what went wrong? Is it a flawed game design or was it simply a matter of not enough exposure? Was the goal too ambitious?

A shame to see it fail as it looked like a promising, high-quality production. Hopefully they keep working at it anyway.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
150k for a blobber just doesn't seem too reasonable to me for an unknown developer. Maybe not even for a known developer.

I think you have to be certain of your vision of a game to sell it. They obviously were very uncertain with them changing central aspects and implementing isometric view, just because some people online claimed it would make them love the game. If you are certain of your vision, you will find a way to develop the game, even if it takes years.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Just to note it was 150k pounds so more like $230k which does seem high for a blobber. Also, would have done better with $15ish entry price-point for game. Also, little to no exposure. Also, also, they should have just stuck with real time/Grimrock in space. Listened to too many of you turn based butt hurters. Even if they did go turn based they should have stuck with turn based blobber and not Arkania isometric. Tried to cater to too many niches and had little focus.

And this thing didn't just fail. It flopped hard. Last I checked with like a week left they only made maybe a tenth of their goal.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So, they've canceled the KS for Space Shock, which was not doing well anyway. Anyone have thoughts on what went wrong? Is it a flawed game design or was it simply a matter of not enough exposure? Was the goal too ambitious?

A shame to see it fail as it looked like a promising, high-quality production. Hopefully they keep working at it anyway.

This is a bad time for RPG Kickstarters. Wasteland 2 is just over the horizon and as far as blobbers go, there's MMX. I hate to say it, but we just don't need them that much anymore.

Charles-cgr

OlderBytes
Developer
Project: Eternity

This is a bad time for RPG Kickstarters. Wasteland 2 is just over the horizon and as far as blobbers go, there's MMX. I hate to say it, but we just don't need them that much anymore.

Well if 50 hours a decade is enough for you then good thing I'm making a strategy title.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Also, a sci-fi blobber is even more niche than fantasy blobbers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom