Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

SpaceVenture - Space Quest spiritual successor by Two Guys from Andromeda

Blackthorne

Infamous Quests
Patron
Developer
Codex 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Would it help to tell people I've seen and heard some of this game?

Bt

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Would it help to tell people I've seen and heard some of this game?

Bt

Oh I'm sure it does. I am also certain it is right now in a decent state of complexion and that we're getting near release. But when I look back, find that I originally backed this for 45$, I am already wondering if it was a good decision. I have recovered from the initial excitement ; every kickstarter update showed the pain and suffering of the Two Guys, and nothing shown so far has been terribly exciting. It's probably going to be an okay game, but of all kickstarters I backed it's the one I keep forgetting about.

It's pretty sad.

bertram_tung

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
i backed it for $250 and it was obviously a bad decision

and although i don't care enough to look it up, i'm fairly sure i was promised all sorts of access and special privileges for my backing level and none of them were true

Blackthorne

Infamous Quests
Patron
Developer
Codex 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Oh I'm sure it does. I am also certain it is right now in a decent state of complexion and that we're getting near release. But when I look back, find that I originally backed this for 45$, I am already wondering if it was a good decision. I have recovered from the initial excitement ; every kickstarter update showed the pain and suffering of the Two Guys, and nothing shown so far has been terribly exciting. It's probably going to be an okay game, but of all kickstarters I backed it's the one I keep forgetting about.

It's pretty sad.

I agree. To say it's been a troubled development would be a minor understatement. It is true what they say; the road to hell is paved with good intentions. The little bits, and I do mean little, that I have seen and heard are pretty neat, but I may just like them as both a fan AND a game developer. I think they're pretty cool. But I don't have any take on how the whole game is at all. I know they're excited to be recording this top-tier voice talent right now, but when I put on my fan hat, I'm still far beyond, "Get on with it..." This game could be voiced by God himself and I dunno if it'd ever live up to the years of hype/anticipation that this development has created.

Bt

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
:shitposting:Here's some voice actors and btw SCOTT MURPHY HAS CANCER https://www.kickstarter.com/project...re-by-the-creators-of-space-que/posts/2302640

The VO of SpaceVenture - Part 1

079389d4a1117e4e91e8a064685cadc9_original.JPG

Hey everyone! As promised, we wanted to give you a more detailed look at all the voice over that has gone into SpaceVenture. In the last update, we had not yet flown to California to record the VO.

Back in the middle of August, Mark Crowe, Ken Allen, and myself(Chris Pope) flew to Los Angeles for five full days of voice over with some extremely talented people!

We have been pushing hard to get the VO working in the game and have made some headway but still have a long way to go. In this update, I am gonna feature a few of the actors in the game along with their VO. This will be "Part 1", but I will post another update involving all this once we've got more of the VO in the game to demo for you all!

I'm also excited to announce two of the biggest roles in the game, right now!

ACE HARDWAY WILL BE VOICED BY MAURICE LAMARCHE
d176af0de141367ae4d01a9a1cba1949_original.jpg

In the last update, we gave you a little of Maurice's background, so I won't do that now, but if you didn't know, Maurice is one of the top voice actors in animation. If you're not familiar with the characters he has voiced, please check out his mile long IMDB page. We were absolutely blown away by Maurice's audition for Ace, and(once in the booth) how quickly he took direction to make Ace Hardway come to life. I won't lie, after working on this game for six years, I got a little teary eyed standing there in the studio and getting to finally hear the voice of Ace Hardway speak dialog for the first time!

Here is a sit down I did with Maurice to talk a little about his history as an actor:

You are all probably chomping at the bit to get a chance to hear what Ace Hardway sounds like, so without further ado, here is a video featuring a cutscene with Ace Hardway(Maurice LaMarche) and Mervin Spleen(Rob Paulsen).

0fc1314741032b1f36cab407e79b65f3_original.jpg

ROB PAULSEN
Rob Paulsen is another amazing voice actor with mile long credits just like Maurice. Rob did numerous characters for us in SpaceVenture that we will reveal as time goes on, but the one you saw in the above video is a character named Mervin Spleen. Here is behind the scenes sit down I did with Rob Paulsen.

ED KELLY WILL BE THE NARRATOR FOR SPACEVENTURE
3b8b5f1933aa4360ac9c41a6d022294b_original.jpg

The voice of the narrator is something we did not announce in the last update because we were still confirming things. Well we are happy to announce, we did finally settle on the narrator for the game and we have officially recorded the narrator VO as well. As you all know, we originally had the late Gary Owens on board to be the narrator for the game just like he narrated the later Space Quest games in the past.

For a couple of years now, we have gone back and forth on whether to find someone who could sound like Gary, or go a completely different direction. Within the last few months, we finally decided that we wanted to go with a happy medium and find someone that could parody Gary's awesome sarcastic tone. We also thought it would be neat to honor Gary in a some ways. SpaceVenture will have some dedications to Gary and will include a scene that you, the player, will be a part of that pays tribute to Gary. Not gonna spoil that here though. You'll find out when you play the game.

I have a lot more to show you all coming up in the next update, but here are some teaser small clips we posted on Facebook that will hopefully tide you over.

Jake Stormoen and Melanie Stone

Vince Caso

Robert Clotworthy

JOHN PATRICK LOWRIE

ELLEN MCLAIN

AN UPDATE ON SCOTT MURPHY
c549e9ce4c589499844d31b8874757b9_original.jpg

For awhile now, Scott has wanted to keep things private about what has been going on with him, and we have honored that. With his permission, we are gonna give you all a little info of what has been happening in his life.

Not too far after finishing the game design planning with Mark on SpaceVenture, Scott began having severe medical problems which has now escalated to an aggressive form of prostate cancer.

The good news: Scott was able to get surgery and currently it seems that the surgery was a success.

The bad news: With all that has happened, Scott ran up well over $30,000 in medical bills in doing so, and still has more procedures he needs to have done to make sure his health is in order.

On top of his current -- as well as future -- medical bills, Scott is also trying to pay the normal bills we all deal with. A place to live, utility bills, food, etc. With reluctance, Scott has given us permission to do a GoFundMe campaign to ease the financial stress that's accumulated on top of the ordeal of recovering from prostate cancer. He is very appreciative of any help any of you can give his way.

Please keep an eye on our Facebook and Twitter pages as we are gonna do some promotions to help raise money for Scott through the GoFundMe page. Troels, aka the Space Quest Historian will be doing some live streaming to help get the word out as well!

We know you would probably like more information. We will give more information as Scott allows.

SCOTTS GOFUNDME CAMPAIGN CAN BE FOUND HERE

SUPPORT LORI AND COREY COLE
a350b997b42809b83ed89cd49f24d8ad_original.jpg

If you've been living under an asteroid and haven't heard, Lori and Corey Cole(makers of the Quest for Glory series) have released their new game, "Hero U". If you haven't already checked it out, you should! It's getting great reviews!

Here are some links of interest: Hero U Website: http://www.hero-u.com/

Review on Metacritic

YouTube video explaining "Why you should buy"

Thanks everyone!

Chris Pope a.k.a your humble local intergalactic SpacePope

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
:deadhorse: https://www.kickstarter.com/project...re-by-the-creators-of-space-que/posts/2397990

The voice acting is actually pretty decent though.

The VO of SpaceVenture - Part 2
Posted by Two Guys From Andromeda (Creator)

Happy new year everyone! We know this update is late coming. The end of the year went slower than we had hoped, even with all the pushing we did to finish things up. We wanted to give a status update as well as show more of the voice over for SpaceVenture. This update will contain a couple of interviews with the cast, as well as show more of the VO in the actual game.

Currently, we have been plugging VO into the game, but still have a ways to go to get it to the polished phase. The game previously went through the first round of beta testing. Our beta testers gave us some great feedback as to what needed to change in order to make the game play better. We are trying to make sure we focus on fixing all the main issues that beta testers brought to our attention. Soon we will begin the second round of beta testing to find out how the game is feeling in the state it is in now. How this plays out will effect release date. We are very optimistic on getting the game into everyone's hands over the coming months.

Thank you all for your continued patience!

First off, if you missed the last VO update we posted on Kickstarter, you can view it HERE

VIDEO OF ACE HARDWAY AND IMOM INTERACTING

The below video is another demonstration of some of our voice over in action within SpaceVenture. This clip, VO of Ace(played by Maurice LaMarche) and iMom(played by Ellen McLain) having a little back and forth here at the beginning of the game. We hope you'll get some of the humor and references that were thrown in.

VIDEO OF ACE HARDWAY DROPPING BY NURBS BAR TO VISIT HIS PALS

This video clip is taken from the Nurbs Landing Bar. Ace(played by Maurice LaMarche) hooks up with his buddies, Url(played by Rob Paulsen), and Nurb(played by John Patrick Lowie). We definitely still have some fine tuning and polish that needs to be done with some of the mouth movements, but we hope you all will enjoy a quick look at how this is coming along.

BEHOLD! THE LEGENDARY THREE HABENEROS MUSIC VIDEO

Prepare to get this song stuck in your head!

The below video features vocals by Rob Paulsen, Jason Charles Miller, and John Patrick Lowrie.

The lyrics were written by Mark Crowe.

We’re Three habaneros

Three gay habaneros

We love to sing for you in our sombreros

We welcome you our winner

Free Breakfast, lunch, or dinner

And though your meal is free, does not include gratuity

Our tacos HOLY MOLE!

Much better than Chipotle

and you don’t have to worry ‘bout e-coli

Our spices are atomic

explosive, Gastronomic

our salsa is so potent it will make you hypersonic

Oh please try our chingadero

Deep fried in it’s own bowl,

made with our special dough

So crunchy and spicey

but not all that pricey,

it’s three times as nicey

When you get it to go.

We’re Three habaneros

Three gay habaneros

We love to sing for you in our sombreros

We’ll sing for you all day but to stop us you must pay.

Yes, here at Taco Nova it’s the customary wa-aay.

Without spoiling too much in the video, we'll tell you this. Ace arrives in Taco Nova to refuel(in more ways than one) and ends up being the one billionth customer, which triggers the "Three Haberneros" to begin serenading him. There is a puzzle here that you'll need to figure out in order to get them to stop singing to you.

I would also like to give a plug to James Mulvale for putting together and performing the music for this song. We gave James a rudimentary idea of what we wanted, and he knocked it out of the park. James also created an 8-bit version of the song that you will hear when you play the Pepper Pals arcade machine you see in the scene. Yes that's right, that is an actual playable arcade machine in a SciFi fast food joint, sound familiar?

If you're not familiar with James, you should definitely check out his work at https://www.jamesmulvale.com/. If you have little kids in your household, James(and his wife) most recently started writing/performing children's music that involves some cool crafts for kids and sing along songs. It's called "Sweetypies" and you can check it out HERE

SVREWARDS DIARY POST

For all of you guys that backed at $30 and up, we have a little extra behind the scenes for you to check out. Over at the SVRewards.com site, you can login and check out some special versions of the Three Habeneros song. Including an instrumental version, along with Rob Paulsen, John Patrick Lowrie, and Jason Charles Miller singing all three habenero parts solo.

NOTE: If you forgot your login info for SVRewards, there is a password reset link. If you still have problems, please DO NOT post in the comments, or message through Kickstarter. Please email: pcjjenks AT gmail DOT com

Click the image below to visit the SVRewards website diary post. Remember that once the game ships, all the diary behind the scenes stuff will be made available to all backers.

A SIT DOWN WITH ELLEN MCLAIN

eb5fe503f6472e2d08e4513ec9e29d1a_original.jpg

Ellen McLain was kind enough to have a little sit down with me(Chris Pope) during our VO session with her. You may have heard Ellen as GLaDOS in the legendary Portal series that was released by Valve a few years back. Ellen is also known for her work in Team Fortress 2, Left 4 Dead, and DOTA 2.

A FUN CHAT WITH JOHN PATRICK LOWRIE

de051ff5b48ecc746c95cc87bd5a61b2_original.jpg

John Patrick Lowrie and I also had a nice discussion about his experiences at being a singer, writer and voice actor in the entertainment industry. John is probably most well known as the voice of the Sniper in Team Fortress 2, but you may have heard his voice in lots of games over the years, including DOTA 2.

We still have more actors and videos to showcase, including Robert Clotworthy, Vince Caso, Melanie Stone and Jake Stormoen. Stay tuned!

UPDATE ON SCOTT MURPHY

e12ac36573a2f3744c59d4e932bb9c4d_original.jpg

First up, we wanted to thank everyone who contributed to Scott's GoFundMe campaign. With your help, we made the goal pretty quickly! Thank you also for your thoughts and prayers as well. Scott is moving forward and though he has hurtles he's still facing, he has made it through the first part of his cancer challenges. Please continue to send thoughts and prayers his way as he continues his battle.

SUPPORT LORI AND COREY COLE
49b20ffa892bb9b323edcaadaed24cef_original.jpg

If you've been living under an asteroid and haven't heard, Lori and Corey Cole(makers of the Quest for Glory series) have released their new game, "Hero U". If you haven't already checked it out, you should! It's getting great reviews!

Here are some links of interest: Hero U Website: http://www.hero-u.com/

Review on Metacritic

YouTube video explaining "Why you should buy"

WE WILL NOT STOP UNTIL THIS THING IS DONE RIGHT AND RELEASED

To those in the comments saying that the game will never ship. We get it. We've heard you, but we hope you all realize a few things. We are all real people with real lives and families. I can promise you 100% that we have worked very very hard these years to complete this game. We have lost countless hours of sleep worrying about this, as well as the blood sweat and tears that have gone into this project. There is no way in this universe that we would let your financial sacrifices, not to mention the hard work and time away from our families just get thrown away like that. THIS GAME WILL GET FINISHED.

Of course, the comments are open for you to say what you will. We respect everyone's right to say what you want and give us your thoughts, whether it be positivity or negativity, but we will continue to keep our noses to the grind stone and focus on getting this thing done, as opposed to dwelling on negativity.

Regardless of how you feel about the project and it's pace, we thank you for your support and continued patience.

Chris Pope a.k.a your humble local intergalactic SpacePope

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Out of all the voices that Lowrie can do... he goes with TF2's Sniper. :/

At least this is moving forward with all hands currently on deck.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
They could have just made a retro sq4/sq5 styled point and click adventure and made the vast majority of their backers happy.

Pretty much all these "bringing the old school back!" Kickstarters have ended up also trying to appeal to new audiences and make more money and very few succeeded.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Ken Williams should run a Kickstarter to go around and knock some sense into these lollygaggers.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
I did not. No time, and not enough interest to chase it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom