Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

SpaceVenture - Space Quest spiritual successor by Two Guys from Andromeda

"Escape From The Planet of the Poultroids" seems to indicate otherwise.

Yeah, that's what I figured from reading Scott Murphy's sob stories about them getting chewed out by Sierra management for delivering their games behind schedule. However, without Ken Williams' nurturing teat to suck on, some careful pre-planning would've come in handy considering they're on a very tight budget. Unlike some others, I'm not afraid they'll run out of money. They probably burned through their budget years ago (but still have some cash stashed away for voice actors and physical rewards), but that doesn't matter, since they have some loyal Space Quest fanbois doing their dirty work. I truly salute their intern/lead programmer. Without this guy, the people who backed this would be utterly fucked.

All due respect, but why are you demonizing the Two Guys? They wrote a very long blog post detailing ongoing problems in both of their respective lives. It's not like they took the money and ran with no explanation. The Two Guys have a track history of delivering solid games and seem all around like decent and/or honest people - why the need to demonize them now? It's not like there has been no progress on the game, and they have given the public a deadline. When you invest in a Kickstarter, you invest in a finished product - not necessarily a time table. As long as the finished product is sufficient, what does it matter how long it takes? The SQ games came out relatively quickly because the Two Guys had much larger budgets and the resources of a huge corporate company behind them. I wouldn't be surprised if the budget for SQ4 was at or above 1 million dollars (in 1991 money, which would translate to almost 2 million today). These guys are working with a relatively small team (and thus much more limited resources compared to 1991) on a 600k budget. I would imagine this game is going to be substantially longer than SQ4 was. You simply can't make a quality game with new-ish graphics and whatnot with a tiny team and no real infrastructure without some delays. Especially when you take into account the very real legitimate family crises which befell not one, but both of the lead designers, leading to said delays.

I gotta be honest; if an old Sierra dev came back and made a game similar to what we make, I'd be more into it. I wonder if more people would too - a real pure nostalgia game. Make it exactly like a classic. Sometimes I think trying to appeal to new gamers is a folly.

Bt

But the whole point of those developers was not stagnating. I mean take the SQ series. In 9 years, it went from AGI/Parser, to VGA/Point and Click and then to SVGA. So, for one, it depends really on what nostalgia you're going for. AGI nostalgia? VGA? SVGA? Not only that, but why should they make a game look graphically like it was back then? The adventure genre was never a stagnant genre. It always pushed things and tried new interfaces and graphical styles.

Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Korgoth of Barbaria

I‘m not accusing them of doing anything unterhanded, so I don‘t think "demonizing“ them is the correct term... Hanlon’s Razor applies.

Besides, you didn‘t necessarily contradict my main point that they should‘ve done some extensive planning before they actually started working on the game. It‘s like they‘ve been perpetually stuck in the concept phase for the last 3 years while the programmer wrapped his head around Unity. If they had already done their homework they might‘ve finished the game long before any of these personal tragedies occurred (including the death of one of their main selling points). Might‘ve also helped them focus on the actual game instead of wasting massive amounts of time and resources on implementing pointless shit like swipe controls, minigames, landing sequences...

One thing I do agree with is that if the end result is good, none of the delays ultimately matter. But the Cluck Yegger minigame did little to alleviate my fears that the gameplay and writing in this will be uninspired and tedious. I‘d be glad to be proven wrong on this.

Korgoth of Barbaria

I‘m not accusing them of doing anything unterhanded, so I don‘t think "demonizing“ them is the correct term... Hanlon’s Razor applies.

Besides, you didn‘t necessarily contradict my main point that they should‘ve done some extensive planning before they actually started working on the game. It‘s like they‘ve been perpetually stuck in the concept phase for the last 3 years while the programmer wrapped his head around Unity. If they had already done their homework they might‘ve finished the game long before any of these personal tragedies occurred (including the death of one of their main selling points). Might‘ve also helped them focus on the actual game instead of wasting massive amounts of time and resources on implementing pointless shit like swipe controls, minigames, landing sequences...

One thing I do agree with is that if the end result is good, none of the delays ultimately matter. But the Cluck Yegger minigame did little to alleviate my fears that the gameplay and writing in this will be uninspired and tedious. I‘d be glad to be proven wrong on this.

Sorry, bad choice in words...
I agree with you on that point but you have to remember too these guys are creative types - not managers. There's a reason why the Ken Williams' of the world exist....
What makes you think they've been stuck in the concept phase for 3 years? I haven't followed the development THAT much outside of the massive post...But your post has me worried that this game will end up being more of a Chris Pope game (in terms of execution/writing) than a Two Guys game....

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Read the actual Kickstarter updates if you want to read about the state of the game.
All this guy, whoever the fuck he is, did say was hurr durr they made Escape From The Planet of the Poultroids that means they dont know what their duing herp derp

Blackthorne

Infamous Quests
Patron
Developer
Codex 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
But the whole point of those developers was not stagnating. I mean take the SQ series. In 9 years, it went from AGI/Parser, to VGA/Point and Click and then to SVGA. So, for one, it depends really on what nostalgia you're going for. AGI nostalgia? VGA? SVGA? Not only that, but why should they make a game look graphically like it was back then? The adventure genre was never a stagnant genre. It always pushed things and tried new interfaces and graphical styles.

Absolutely - at the time, they did that. But that's not what people want now. Really, they don't. Post Kickstarter boom, gamers were delivered "newer" games (that pushed boundaries as far as the small budgets they had could) and they found them wanting. The reactions to Moebius and GK20, for instance, were sadly pretty much "meh." People are looking for a slice of the magic that they remembered from 25 years ago. We live in a world where pretty much anything is possible, and innovation is cheap term thrown around by the industry in an attempt to stay "relevant". Adventure game devs don't NEED to innovate now. They just don't. If some of those devs delivered a game like that, I think more people would be into them. At this point, people can choose what they want, and these old devs can't compete with the AAA developers and their piles of money. Take the small budget you have, make a decent game that's not breaking any boundaries but is fun and entertaining, and watch fans be happy.

Bt

Last edited:
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
But your post has me worried that this game will end up being more of a Chris Pope game (in terms of execution/writing) than a Two Guys game....

I'm not sure if Chris Pope has that much input on the actual game. From the looks of it he's just their PR guy/manager. I'm more concerned about the writing. When the alpha came out a few years ago, one of the people from spacequest.net said something to the effect of "If you see something unfunny in the alpha, I wrote that. If you see something funny, Scott wrote that." I don't know about you, but I found the thought that they would need outside help to come up with dialogue to be kind of... horrifying.

All this guy, whoever the fuck he is, did say was hurr durr they made Escape From The Planet of the Poultroids that means they dont know what their duing herp derp

Say, didn‘t you ask for removal of the swipe controls a few pages back? Something they likely wasted considerable time on implementing in the first place. And you‘re the one who said that this has „the potential to be the best Sierra revival... if it ever gets released“. Doesn‘t exactly reek of competence, does it? Releasing the Cluck minigame to cash in on the FNAF hype and rake in the pewdiedough was actually one of their smarter moves, but from the looks of it, they‘re going to fall flat on their faces with that as well. The point is they keep wasting time that would be more wisely spent on coming up with a point&click that is fun on stupid shit that nobody asked for.

Last edited:

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Yes, I think the swipe "puzzles" are stupid and unnecessary. I don't think there was any considerable time spent on implementing them, though. It's just dragging objects around, not a fucking RPG system.
This Cluck game, though, I can't figure out what it's supposed to be. I don't know the game it's based on/parodying, I just tried it and saw that I could only click on some buttons and when pressing Esc the game exited to desktop so I didn't bother with it again. I don't know what was the point, maybe they can make some money from it, but I don't see it. On the other hand, Steamtards will buy anything, so there's that.

Anyway, why I said this has potential is because what they've shown so far looks good to me considering the really small amount of money they got. Much better than the other Sierra revivals.
However, I'm aware that it can fail either by never being completed or by turning out to be shit, I just don't think that the quality or existence of the Cluck minigame is something relevant. Not to the point where you go with "But the Cluck Yegger minigame did little to alleviate my fears that the gameplay and writing in this will be uninspired and tedious."

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
This Cluck game, though, I can't figure out what it's supposed to be. I don't know the game it's based on/parodying, I just tried it and saw that I could only click on some buttons and when pressing Esc the game exited to desktop so I didn't bother with it again. I don't know what was the point, maybe they can make some money from it, but I don't see it. On the other hand, Steamtards will buy anything, so there's that.

The "point" is that you're stuck in a bad situation with very few options at your disposal, and must use those options sparingly. The reason the ESC button immediately exits to desktop is that it's a panic button, not a "menu" button. I suggest you at least trying to make it past Night 1 and have a go at Night 2. That should be enough for you to get the gist of the "gameplay" elements of the game(s).

As for the "what the hell is going on here?" aspect, you're gonna have to listen to the phone messages, read the newspaper articles on the walls and try to piece together a series of events. This meta-game of FnaF is what has made it so popular, and created one of the most vile and despicable fanbases on the internet.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Adventure game devs don't NEED to innovate now. They just don't.
I guess it depends what you mean by "need." I think it is probably correct that if they just aped their older games and scored a solid if unremarkable game, it would probably make some fans happy. But I have no idea whether it would be worth it for the developers, who may have no interest in making inferior versions of games they made 25 years ago simply to make a decent but not great living. It's one thing for you or me or Dave Gilbert to make knock-off 90s adventure games: we didn't make them in the first place, so what we're making is our glory days. But I'm enormously skeptical that any of the Sierra devs could, today, make a better version of the games they made back then -- back then they had much better support networks (notwithstanding the bitter memories some have of Sierra) in terms of colleagues and collaborators.

I'm cautiously optimistic about Thimbleweed Park, but I'd be surprised if it were anywhere remotely close to Monkey Island or Day of the Tentacle in quality. I mean, maybe it'll outdo Maniac Mansion and Zak McKracken. But there's little likelihood that it will be the best game on Ron Gilbert's or Gary Winnick's resumes, or even that it will be in the top three. So I can sort of understand why the developers would try something new -- something they figure that could either break new ground and not be directly compared to their past work, something that could make millions instead of a couple hundred thousand.

It's too bad because I'd much rather they be chained to their desks making things I enjoy, namely, 90s era P&Cs. I have a deeply conservative disposition: any time there's change in a website layout, or a menu, or a writer's style, or a game's interface, it annoys me. But I can see how they might "need" to do something more than that.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...re-by-the-creators-of-space-que/posts/1413130

A short and sweet update involving Steam keys!

We would like to thank everyone who took the time to give us a vote on our Steam green light page. Cluck Yegger in Escape From The Planet of the Poultroid was one of 50 games that Valve decided to green light and we couldn't have done it without you.

As promised, we will be making Steam keys available to all $15 and up backers. In about a week, we'll be doing another update that will confirm that keys are available. Until then, you should double check that you can log onto http://svrewards.com. If you can't remember your password, you should be able to reset your password from the website. I recently did a developer diary update on there that you can also check out involving "Developing the AI for Chicken movement in the Cluck Yegger Sequence/Mini Game". All $30 and up backers should have access to view it.

If you have any other problems logging in, you should forward your "Thanks to you, Two Guys SpaceVenture" funded e-mail from Kickstarter to pcj@andromedanpost.com.

Currently the Cluck Yegger mini game is available in Steam for $2.99. 100% of the proceeds go to speeding up the game development of SpaceVenture.

HOW YOU CAN HELP

If you'd like to help us, please spread the word to folks that they can buy the game right now for $2.99 here at http://cluckyegger.com (Our Steam Store)

Another way you can help is that once you have your copy, and if you enjoy the game, please leave a review on our Steam Store page. Reviews on Steam make a major difference on whether or not Valve helps advertise the game to players in the store.

Lastly, we are giving out Steam keys to press and youtubers that might be able to help spread the word about the game. Feel free to help us poke at some of those folks about play testing the game, we'll gladly provide them with access.

WHAT IS HAPPENING NOW

Besides porting over the Cluck mini game to iPad, and getting it on other online stores, the team is moving onto finishing the rest of SpaceVenture! More news on that in coming updates. Onward and upward!

Thanks for all of your support everyone!

Chris Pope a.k.a your humble local intergalactic SpacePope

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
First impressions: The game could use with a little spit and polish, like making the subtitles match the voicework and having some more screen resolutions available.

As for FNAF-esque gameplay - everything's based on the first game. You're located in the cockpit which has two doors on each side, and a limited battery that mustn't run out. There are at least four poultroids, and on N1 I only saw one of them outside the ship, nothing more. I'm guessing the "SHIELD" button helps to block them attacking from the outside as well. The cameras show various places in the ship and don't show much (especially since they tend to conk out FNAF3-style) but you can turn on standard light (which the poultroids don't like) and then night-vision mode. There are also four extra cameras available by hacking into the BFC mainframe, showing you the starting points of the poultroids, but this seems to eat up a lot of energy.

The goal is to survive seven nights, from 8 PM to 6 AM. There's very little information out there on the game, which makes for a refreshing change - no rabid fanbase to expose every little secret out there, and the player is pretty much forced to try to discover things for himself.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Night 2 done with. First I must correct an error - you have to survive from 7 PM to 7 AM - but fortunately the first hour is pretty quick to pass.

This time I actually got poultroids in my ship, and they leave a mess. Also, something happened that I haven't seen before in a FNAF-esque game; one of the doors closed automatically. I don't know if this was the game being generous and saving me from death, or just a planned jump scare.

Yegger is very generous on providing hints and tips throughout, and his voice is pretty cool. The nightvision mode uses less battery, but does nothing to halt the poultroids. Audio cues are also very useful for informing you when they're aboard the ship.

The electrical storm is actually a key element to the game. Every time lightning strikes, two things happen. First you get a glimpse of what's outside the ship, like approaching poultroids. Secondly it screws with every other piece of electronic equipment aboard the ship - lights flicker out, buttons don't work, cameras go static, etc.

There's at least one more secret I've discovered, but instead of spoiling it I'll leave a clue - ever wonder what BFC could stand for?

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
I'm having trouble getting past Night 5 now. Each night the poultroids get more aggressive and are quicker to board the ship and run amok, not to mention BFC being a problem at least 3 times a night.

One random factor that can really screw up a night is if a lightning strike hits the ship itself. This leads to all systems shorting out for about 6 seconds or so, and can lead to doors closing (or opening) automatically.

So far my tactic has been to ignore everything except the two side doors and front cockpit, at best only using the camera to flash poultroids in the side corridors by the doors. The poultroids cast shadows that are easy to spot when they're close to the door, so they can be anticipated. As to the front - you better have a good pair of headphones and a soundcard, and raise the shield the moment the approaching noise stops.

Yegger seems to be permanently stuck in tutorial mode though - every time I flash a poultroid with a light, he gives the same old comment.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
And...finished. The key to winning was to tone down my previous strategy - stop flashing the poultroids as it ate up too much battery, compared to simply closing the doors and checking for shadows now and again. That puts the gameplay of Cluck Yegger at the same level of FNAF2 - ignore all the bells and whistles, and adopt a "bare necessities"-style gameplay - flash the light, put on the mask, wind the music box, repeat. Here it's "check left door, check right door, listen for stomping, close doors when needed, repeat."

The biggest disappointment though is the "phone guy" logs in-between days - except for the first two days, they're nothing but meaningless technobabble that doesn't tell you anything at all. It's not used to lay any groundwork for a deeper sub-plot, it's not used to instill a deeper sense of dread, it's just a placeholder that has no impact on the gameplay. I DID notice that there are some hallucinations involved - some writing in a green computer font - but it flashes by far too quickly to be readable by anyone.

In all honesty, I feel like the game isn't finished yet - but then again, what can one expect for a $3 game? It was fun while it lasted, but a couple of hours is all that's needed to crack it.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...re-by-the-creators-of-space-que/posts/1421056

Cluck Yegger Steam Keys Are Issued!

Hey everyone! This is just a very short update to let you all know that we have issued Steam keys for Cluck Yegger in Escape From The Planet of the Poultroid.

To keep the tech support down to a minimal, please read all of this post before heading over to get your Steam key.

The keys are issued to all $15 and up backers just as a reminder. To get access to your key, just log onto http://svrewards.com and click the rewards tab at the top.

fec49c368eda0db70715f4ae0a0d547c_original.png

If you can't remember your password, you should be able to reset your password from the website. If you have any other problems logging in, you should forward your "Thanks to you, Two Guys SpaceVenture" funded e-mail from Kickstarter to pcj@andromedanpost.com. If you were a PayPal backers, just forward your PayPal paid receipt to that same email address.

Please do not post issues with the website on our Kickstarter page. Again, any issues with the SV Rewards website should be directed to the above email address.

WHAT ABOUT OTHER OUTLETS FOR THE CLUCK GAME

We are still talking with quite a few online game store outlets and have gotten a lot of interest. Currently the game is only available through Steam and Itch.io.

Even though GOG is very interested in the actual SpaceVenture game when it is released, unfortunately the Cluck Yegger mini game will not be available through them.

HOW BACKERS CAN HELP

If you'd like to help us, please spread the word to folks that they can buy the game right now for $2.99 here at http://cluckyegger.com (Our Steam Store) Another way you can help is that once you have your copy, and if you enjoy the game, please leave a review on our Steam Store page. Reviews on Steam make a major difference on whether or not Valve helps advertise the game to players in the store.

Lastly, we are giving out Steam keys to press and youtubers that might be able to help spread the word about the game. Feel free to help us poke at some of those folks about play testing the game, we'll gladly provide them with access.

As mentioned, 100% of the proceeds from the Cluck Yegger mini game will go towards speeding up the process of finishing SpaceVenture.

WHATS NEXT

We just completed work on the iOS version(release announcement in the near future) of the Cluck Yegger game and are moving full throttle into finishing SpaceVenture. I may personally spend a little time working on the Android version of the game, but my time will also be focused on getting SpaceVenture complete. We originally hoped to get the game out on iOS and Android at the same time, but we've had to prioritize.

Thanks for all of your support everyone!

Chris Pope a.k.a your humble local intergalactic SpacePope

Boleskine

Arcane
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...re-by-the-creators-of-space-que/posts/1484575

Put some parts behind spoilers to save space.

Project Status, Video Demonstrations of Ship Navigation, Piloting into Hyperspace, and Tatoorakis. News on a contest and more!

Hey gang, I'm really excited to push out this update to you guys! We've got some really cool content to show you below. First off, I wanted to start by telling you that we are still on track for our November 30th release date! We are pushing extremely hard to get the game done by then. So far, we are holding to it and are pushing through as fast as we can.

Let's look at some new content!

PILOTING INTO SPACE

What you'll be seeing in this video is a demonstration of Ace walking from the Scrapyard with Rooter and onto his newly restored ship. The ship has a graphical navigation system that allows you to set coordinates for places throughout the galaxy you would like to go.

Note that not everything in the video is polished, for example you'll notice Ace is not currently appearing in the cockpit when looking at his ship from the outside.

COASTING THROUGH HYPERSPACE LIKE A BOSS

One of the big items we wanted to show case for you all during this update is our SpaceVenture ship navigation system. Throughout your adventure in the SpaceVenture universe, you'll be spending some quality time behind Ace's sweet newly built ride, which just so happens to be put together by you, the player.

Let me clarify, this is a huge chunk of progress for the game, as you'll be using this system to jump between long distant locations throughout the galaxy. The navigation system has been something that has been on the table since the beginning, and has been hanging over our head this whole time. We are so proud to say that it's come together beautifully. We think you're gonna find this sequence a lot of fun and there is gonna be some hilarious content for you to experience while exploring it.

I put together a developer diary entry over at SVRewards.com for our $30 and up backers to check out. This diary entry shows some of the original concept ideas behind our navigation system. Note that all backers will have access to the diary entries once the game is shipped, as per our original Kickstarter rewards plans.

You can check out the diary entry by going HERE and logging on. If you are a $30 and up backer and can't log on, please do not message us here or post in the comments. Please email pcj@andromedanpost.com

Here is a video demonstrating what I mentioned above:

Tatoorakis is a place you'll be exploring in the final third portion of the game. It features beautiful desert scene artwork and will marry a couple of the most epic Sci-Fi franchises together all to make one unforgettable sun blistering, sand chafing, Hydrolating, sand worming adventure!

One of the characters that is still in the works for this section of the game is a character named "Goren Lardz". Goren is a hydro-farmer who commissions Ace to repair one of his Hydrolator units down on Tatoorakis.

64f18ac26bc2a6d69b861a50639cb75c_original.png

Check out this below video showcasing some of the gameplay currently being worked on within the Tatoorakis sequence of the game. Keep in mind this is all still in development.

SpaceVenture will feature an in game App store(parody) that Ace can go to in order to get a couple of different apps that will help him solve certain puzzle elements in the game. We are holding a small contest that everyone can submit ideas/artwork for, and possibly get your contributions added to the game and your name in the credits!

Here is a look at our app store as it is right now:

92f0ab6efbde67f54b2751af6b8c1e44_original.png

You all most likely have smartphones or tablets, so you can probably think about some of the things that have made you laugh(or cry) in dealing with those app stores over the years. We would love to use(steal) your ideas!

To enter the contest, you'll need the following:
  • A funny app name
  • A description for your app
  • A square logo(512x512 minimum)
  • (Optional) A couple of fake reviews of the app
What do you win if your idea gets selected?
  • Your idea/artwork gets used in the game
  • Your name in the credits of the game
  • You will be the envy of everyone in the Andromedan galaxy
Where do you submit your contest entry?

Visit this page and submit your entry to that thread. We also ask you to post about it on twitter and/or Facebook. Tag us in the post, and we'll Like/Favorite it! We don't have a set contest deadline just yet, but don't wait too long!

WE WANT YOUR FEEDBACK ABOUT OUR NARRATOR

We wanted to put a feeler out there. We've been talking about who we wanted as our narrator for SpaceVenture since the unfortunate fact that the legendary Gary Owen's has passed away. The question I have for you guys is this. How do you feel about us finding a Gary Owens voice match? In other words, this would be an actor that can match Gary Owens as closely as possible.

We know no one can truly replace the man with the golden pipes, but there are people out there that can match him pretty closely. So what are your thoughts? Would you guys like a voice match for SpaceVenture, or someone else with another unique voice? We've got some people in mind that could do that as well.

We would prefer you not post about this in the Kickstarter comments. We would love to keep the conversations over at SQN. Please use the below link:

http://www.spacequest.net/topic/930...-gary-owens-voice-match-that-is-the-question/[/spoiler]

CLUCK YEGGER IN ESCAPE FROM THE PLANET OF THE POULTROID

Just to clarify, we completed work on the Cluck Yegger mini game a couple of months back and the team is 100% focused on completing SpaceVenture. We hope you enjoyed checking it out. We did successfully get the game out on Steam with Windows, Linux, and Macintosh support. As well as iOS iPod, iPhone, and iPad support in the Apple app store. All the moneys made from the game have gone towards finishing up SpaceVenture. We do still have plans to put it out on Android eventually, but that will most likely occur once SpaceVenture is completed.

If you did check out the game on Steam or iOS, we would absolutely love it if you would give us a rating on those App stores. That really helps in advertisement of the game.

We've really enjoyed the loads of playthroughs that people have made on YouTube. And we really appreciate all the videos people have posted, from our backers who have taken the time to put out playthroughs, all the way up to people like our friend KuplinovT, who is a Russian youtuber that brought in around 201,000+ views.

The award for funniest playthrough goes to a YouTuber named, "POiisED". Netting around 51,000+ views, POiisED had us all rolling at his little girl screams as the mutant Chickens moved around him. The fun begins at about 5:30 in just as a heads up.

You can check out his video here:

And finally, we are excited to announce that the Space Quest Historian podcast will be returning. You can listen to previous seasons of the podcast over at http://spacequesthistorian.com/about/

The podcast features interviews, tons of commentary on the Space Quest series, and not to mention some extra insight into the goings on with SpaceVenture. We will announce the exact return date as soon as we can, so be on the lookout for that.

Thanks everyone!

Chris Pope

a.k.a your friendly local inter-galactic SpacePope

Last edited:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
You got the LP'er video wrong, here's the correct link for those who want to hear girly screams.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Lots of videos: https://www.kickstarter.com/project...re-by-the-creators-of-space-que/posts/1572577

Nano Flea Technology, Tattoorakis update, Officer Quicksilver, Dominion Estates, and one of the final game scenes

It's time for another SpaceVenture update! First off, let us start by saying, we know this is overdue. The time between the last update and this update have not been a waste though. One of the issues has been the fact that some serious design time needed to go into certain pieces of the last third of the game that had not been completed. As these things go, game mechanics that make perfect sense in our design document don't always pan out the way as expected once we begin implementing them in the game, which means, it's back to the drawing board. During this time, we didn't have any new visuals to show. We do have visuals to show now though! The good news is, things are coming together nicely and we are still pushing hard for the November 30th release date which is in sight.

INTRODUCING THE NANO FLEA SEQUENCE

One of the pieces of the game that we wanted to show you first is actually from the middle part of the game, however, it was quite a tricky little puzzle scenario that kept getting back burnered until the last couple of months. The scene has changed an insane amount since the image that was shown way back in a previous update.

During your adventures at "Scraps Place" you will be given the task to repair something. You'll have to operate the nano flea critters shown in the below video in order to achieve your goal. This is a fun little part of the game in which you'll find each nano flea has a particular job role it can perform during the repair.

INTO THE BELLY OF THE BEAST

The title of this section pretty much says it all. This is a tiny bit spoilery, but I was sure not to divulge any of the puzzle here. As Ace, you'll have to navigate your way through this creature's internal plumbing all the while figuring out how to get out and what you might need along the way. Considering Ace's profession, this should be a piece of cake, right?

NOTE: For some reason Kickstarter had an issue with embedding this video, so please click the below image to view the video on YouTube.

OFFICER QUICKSILVER, HE'S BAD TO THE CHROME

Officer Quicksilver is a character that has been in the works for awhile. Thanks to the brilliant work of artist Brent Forrest, Quicksilver is now on his feet and ready to be implemented into the game. This little video is a bit of a teaser and obviously the music is place holder. We've got something fun planned for Quicksilver's theme song, lyrics and all!

Again, this video a teaser. We'll have in game footage of Quicksilver for you in the future.

You all haven't forgotten about the Space Dome from our original concept art pieces have you?

4a5651b9e1629cb1f903e824b1c0c834_original.png

This video below is another small teaser of something that is in the works in which Ace will possibly find himself face to face with the Two Guys From Andromeda themselves as he takes a service call at "Dominian Estates". Just to clarify, the SpaceDome you all saw in our playable concept art pieces is in the process of being revamped quite a bit. Once it's in a showable state we'll have that posted out here for you all to check out as well.

ONE OF THE FINAL SCENES OF SPACEVENTURE

This scene is hot off the presses by Mark Crowe. We don't have video to show of it yet, because it is still very much a work in progress. The mechanics aren't rigged up, so we figured an image would do it more justice. Mark is not quite happy with it yet, but he wanted to give you all a sneak peak at it. Hopefully in the near future we'll have some actual game play to look at. As mentioned, this is one of the very last scenes in the game so for the sake of not spoiling much, I won't give anymore details of what is going on here.

e08707bd4931d85540d8403ffe79e95f_original.png

From Mark Crowe:

"Oooh! Big glowy A.I. eyeball. Scary! Ok maybe not yet but trust me it will be... it WILL be. Bwahahaha! IN this WIP scene, Ace isn't seeing eye-to-eye with an antagonist in the final showdown puzzle sequence. Sparks are gonna fly."

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
If the game currently looks like that, it's still a long way from release.

Or it will look perfectly terrible.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom