Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Spam posts, commercials, off-topic (moved)

Wolf Mittag

Wolf Mittag Software Development
Developer
Looks like some people have been trying to improve their websites' link popularity ratings by posting totally off-topic links in this forum (and elsewhere, too?). I've moved all of these postings to this thread, and blanked out the links.

Wolf Mittag

Developer
Ok, here's the spam: (moved from other topics)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alexandra Guest Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:44 pm Post subject: Best place for order Business software

Hi,

I have some troubles with displaying (LINK REMOVED) software site.
May be somebody can tell me why it does not displayed in my browser (IE 6.0).
It is very important for me to get information from this site.
Sorry if i've choose wrong topic for my question.

Thanks you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wolf Mittag Teudogar Dev Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 11:22 am Post subject: Re: Best place for order Business software

Hi Alexandra, I don't know what the site you mentioned ist about, but the URL you posted isn't found by my browser, either. As far as I know, setting up this kind of sub-domains works in different ways depending on who hosts your site. Try to ask your question in a webhosting forum (google for "web hosting, forum"), or go to the main domain (enter the address without the "order-business."-part), and navigate the menu or contact the owners of that site. Sorry I can't help you. W/ best regards - Wolf Mittag
P.S. If you want to purchase the Full Version of the historical role playing game "Teudogar and the Alliance with Rome", go to www.teudogar.com/order.htm.

duko Guest Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 11:34 pm Post subject: Top 20 Wealthiest Soccer clubs

what kind of sport is this? i ve never heard about it and never seen it...
I like - football, tennis, (LINK REMOVED).ru figure skating, extreme sports
Dislike - hockey, basketball, car racing, box and all the rest

Lada Guest Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 11:57 pm Post subject: Top 20 Wealthiest Soccer clubs

Thanks! The mails were from people on my (LINK REMOVED) allow list...

Lada Guest Posted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 12:44 am Post subject: Richest Franchise in Sport

I like - football, tennis, (LINK REMOVED) figure skating, extreme sports

Bugi Guest Posted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 12:47 am Post subject: Glazer & the Buccaneers

Thanks! The mails were from people on my (LINK REMOVED) allow list...

Lada Guest Posted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 12:45 am Post subject: Glazer & the Buccaneers

I like - football, tennis, (LINK REMOVED) figure skating, extreme sports

Wolf Mittag

Developer
Ok, here's more spam (moved from other topics):

wlu_lax6 Guest Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 11:42 am Post subject: Top 20 Wealthiest Soccer clubs
Thanks! The mails were from people on my http://(DELETED).ru/ allow list...

wlu_lax6 Guest Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 11:42 am Post subject: Glazer & the Buccaneers
I like - football, tennis, http://(DELETED).ru/ figure skating, extreme sports

Lada Guest Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 11:22 am Post subject: Top 20 Wealthiest Soccer clubs
Topics containing links to people's sites are unneeded and contribute nothing as a whole, much like topics containing content like this one. You could have PMed a moderator and asked this same question and received the same (DELETED).org response. Please do so in the future.

Lada Guest Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:34 am Post subject: Glazer & the Buccaneers
Thanks! The mails were from people on my http://(DELETED).com/ allow list...

zumba Guest Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:34 am Post subject: Top 20 Wealthiest Soccer clubs
Saw that this morning. I've said it before....for all you want to talk about United and their international profile http://(DELETED).com/, they really seem to do business the right way. I'm interested to see just how much Kenyon had to do with these results, so next year will be interesting.

wlu_lax6 Guest Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 11:41 am Post subject: Glazer & the Buccaneers
Saw that this morning. I've said it before....for all you want to talk about United and their international profile http://(DELETED).com/, they really seem to do business the right way. I'm interested to see just how much Kenyon had to do with these results, so next year will be interesting.

zumba Guest Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 11:41 am Post subject: Top 20 Wealthiest Soccer clubs

zumba Guest Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 11:41 am Post subject: Top 20 Wealthiest Soccer clubs

These people seem to be using a posting robot (or can they do 3 posts per minute manually)? I've moved these posts to this topic for documentation, but in the future I'm simply going to delete this kind of stuff. Or does anyone want this?

Anonymous

I can help you guys if you need any, I am an expert in hacking and this looks like it's from russia!

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Hurm. Would it help if we made this forum members-only so that anyone visiting the forum would have to register first in order to post? It'd certainly cut down on the spam posts, because at the moment the forum is open for everyone to post.

Wolf Mittag

Developer
members-only? I think, better leave it open to the public. I like everyone to be able to just wander in and post their comments, without the effort to register first. (And unregistered guests do contribute a large number of valuable posts to this forum.) If some spammers abuse this, well, I can deal with that (at least at the current volume). Still, thanks for the suggestion!

Anonymous

Yeah that fun lol... I have ... Man I really th.. OH i think I allready registered I would know heh... But yeah just pop a post anytime. Im commited to this game now heh so can I be a moderator? Well it would cut down the spam, it delete it on sight or so. I have a little rom forum, its really annoying to get people posting crap, see look i bet some1 has allready posted some gay linking, or pokemon :/ www.metalemu.com but yeah goto hate them. I dont even know why I have that up, mayeb cus its free lol? I sooo gunnu buy this game when... The time comes * * * * * * * * * * * * * Ok the time has come...

Wolf Mittag

Developer
I've deleted the following off-topic/spam posts:
-------

wlu_lax6 Guest Posted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 8:46 am Post subject: Glazer & the Buccaneers
Thanks! The mails were from people on my xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Loans allow list...

wlu_lax6 Guest Posted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 8:55 am Post subject: Top 20 Wealthiest Soccer clubs
Saw that this morning. I've said it before....for all you want to talk about United and their international profile xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, they really seem to do business the right way. I'm interested to see just how much Kenyon had to do with these results, so next year will be interesting.

Bugi Guest Posted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 8:56 am Post subject: Richest Franchise in Sport
Thanks! The mails were from people on my xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Gambling allow list...

Lada Guest Posted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 8:56 am Post subject: Top 20 Wealthiest Soccer clubs
Saw that this morning. I've said it before....for all you want to talk about United and their international profile xxxxxxxxxxxxx, they really seem to do business the right way. I'm interested to see just how much Kenyon had to do with these results, so next year will be interesting.

duko Guest Posted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 8:56 am Post subject: Glazer & the Buccaneers
I like - football, tennis, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx figure skating, extreme sports

-------
Now look, Lax6, Lada, Duko, Bugi and friends, why don't you post your spam to this spam-thread here, instead of spreading it all over the forum? Having to delete your two dozen commercial spam posts every damn month is a real waste of precious time - time during which I could develop new computer games...

XMark

Novice
I got one of those spam posts in my website's forum. I thought it was just a post from another board that somehow got moved to my own until I researched the text on google.

Ausir

Arcane
I've disabled guest posting for now, as the spammer is pretty active lately. I'll enable it again later, if you still want guests to post.

Wolf Mittag

Developer
Ausir said:
I've disabled guest posting for now, as the spammer is pretty active lately. I'll enable it again later, if you still want guests to post.

Hi Ausir, thanks, but please re-enable guest posting. I really want people to be able to just walk in here and voice their opinions.

Many of the guests who've posted in this forum so far had just a single specific question or suggestion, and didn't seem too keen on general RPG discussions: My guess is that while these people would be willing to contribute as guests, they probably wouldn't register or log in.

As to the spam, sure it's a nuisance, but at current levels I can live with it...

obediah

Erudite
Please kind surs be saving my family and getting rich at same time! You win 10,000,0000 durknar. Be mailing me social security number and credit card so I make sure you no terrorist or sex bandit before sending you durknar to save my kddies.

P.S.

I KISS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wolf Mittag

Developer
Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 9:43 pm Post subject:
Saint_Proverbius I agree with you.

Posted: Sat May 14, 2005 10:00 pm Post subject:
Wolf Mittag I completely gotta agree with you.

Posted: Fri May 20, 2005 10:11 pm Post subject:
Igor I definitely think just like you.

Posted: Fri May 20, 2005 7:54 am Post subject:
Guest I agree with your words.

We've got a regular visitor to this forum (a spam-bot?) who keeps posting thoughtful one-liners like "Previous poster, I fully agree with you." The first 5 or 10 times, this may have been original; but over time it's getting bothersome, especially since it's always the very same comment. By now, we all know he agrees with us, therefore I'll move all future postings of that kind to this spam-thread.

Wolf Mittag

Developer
...here's some more from our agreeable spam-bot:

Posted: Wed May 25, 2005 10:29 pm Post subject:
NuZZ I definitely gotta agree with you.

Posted: Sat May 28, 2005 10:11 pm Post subject:
Wolf Mittag I definitely think just like you.

Posted: Sun May 29, 2005 10:21 pm Post subject:
Wolf Mittag I agree with you.

Wolf Mittag

Developer
And yet some more of this:

Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:48 am Post subject:
dipdipdip I agree with you.

Wolf Mittag

Developer
...and yet more:

Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 7:40 am Post subject:
Tindu Rebeth I definitely gotta agree with you.

Wolf Mittag

Developer
...and yet more. (This is definitely a spambot; no human would have the perseverance to post the same damn sentence every day.)

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:59 pm Post subject:
crpgnut I totally agree with your words.

Fez

Erudite
You are underestimating the tenacity of trolls. Always a dangerous move. At the very least it is a spam bot with the occasional human adding a few extra similar posts too.

Wolf Mittag

Developer
...and yet more. This is really wasting my time; I'd much rather develop CPRGs instead of removing spam from this forum. Is there a possibility to IP-block this spambot/person from posting? (it's always using the same IP)

Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:58 pm Post subject:
Wolf Mittag I definitely agree with yor argument.

Wolf Mittag

Developer
...and yet more. Is there any way to stop this?

Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:37 am Post subject:
test I completely agree with yor argument.

Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:54 pm Post subject:
imanno I totally agree with you.

Wolf Mittag

Developer
...and yet more:

Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:28 am Post subject:
Wolf Mittag I totally agree with yor argument.

Guest: Could you perhaps in the future post your daily "I agree" to this spam thread, instead of a randomly selected, unrelated one?

Fez: Thanks for the suggestion; I'd love to do so; but how does one do that?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom