Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

SpellMaster: The Saga - open world wizard academy action-RPG

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://spellmastergame.net

https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/1247100/view/2727445581259568764

1C Entertainment takes aboard SpellMaster: The Saga

e8ae36465377102c7a8c7d32562dfba29f0eec28.png

1C Entertainment is proud to announce their collaboration with developer Spellbook Creations on their upcoming project, SpellMaster: The Saga, an open world fantasy RPG where you take the role of a wizard set on founding his own Magic Academy and protect the world of Allyon from the impending catastrophe. The game is currently scheduled to be released via the Steam Early Access program during Q1 2021.

Embark on an amazing adventure in the world of Allyon, explore unknown lands, ancient temples, caves and tombs. Search for ancient artifacts, create new spells, finish countless quests and most importantly - gather a group of faithful magicians like yourself and bring peace to the world of Allyon once again!

fdffc798ecdcc67256bb5b6338b6522292f41074.jpg
f252d5e3a67e73a88e095ecc7f0be85a84469436.jpg
e975a49822338242bdd21a4bd78f66042b4d9d7f.jpg

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Not sure what you guys are looking at, but the visuals seem fine to me. Except for the last screenshot which seems to have been taken at a crappy resolution and then stretched for whatever reason.
It's clearly not AAA graphics, but since when is that a problem?
Kinda looks like Outward.

The game could turn out nice, but without any actual gameplay shown, who knows.

Mortmal

Arcane
Looks like a fine skyrim clone, of course nothing is said about gameplay, gameplay is irrelevant in videogames nowadays.

A game called SpellMaster, where a mage in a world of dangerous magic makes magical discoveries and erects a magical academy to teach mages magic to save the world from impending magical calamity. All in a trailer without one single spell being demonstrated.

Magic, magic, everywhere, but not a cantrip to be seen.
:despair:

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
Everyone seems to have forgotten about this game, here is a New Trailer with nice music:

New Screenshots:
qZApx91.jpg

CoEdRWN.jpg

xHdjpzn.jpg

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
Kinda looks like Outward.

Looks like a fine skyrim clone

Actually, this game is inspired by Gothic, which is why I'm keeping an eye on it in case it ends up being decent. From the Steam page:
Why Early Access?
“All members of our team are fans of the Gothic game series and we always wanted to create a game that is inspired by it - with interesting characters and dialogues, with a constant sense of danger and that very unique atmosphere. But in order to fully recreate the spirit of the first “Gothic” games in SpellMaster: The Saga, combined with the fact that we are an indie sized team, we need feedback from you, our gaming community. We want Gothic fans like ourselves to play our game and feel the same excitement as we did when playing Gothic!”

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
fine skyrim clone

Honestly, fells more like Gothic 3 than Skyrim.

. Spells look underwhelming so far and this is the most important aspect of being a mage.

We only saw early game spells. IF the game is inspired by Gothic, I'm pretty sure that mages in end game will be quite powerful. Like a single circle 6 fire mage can alone protect a city from a army or orcs. While a circle 1 probably can't kill a single orc. Would be silly if a novice who learned cryomancy yesderday could put a continent under a eternal ice age(which is something that we expect deities to be able to perform). Of course, I can be wrong and the game can have only lackluster spells but since they are saying that they are inspired by Gothic, they deserve a try.

Dodo1610

Arcane
Looks Two Worlds 2 made in Unreal 4 with somehow even less budget. Even the steam page is full of typos

:d1p:

Last edited:

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Looks interesting, might give it a try after I finish my replay of Risen series

deuxhero

Arcane
Looks like there's no character creation. Does the main character have any kind of personality/background? Fixed character in RPGs is difficult, and fixed character where nothing but appearance is fixed is basically the worst of both worlds.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Looks like there's no character creation. Does the main character have any kind of personality/background? Fixed character in RPGs is difficult, and fixed character where nothing but appearance is fixed is basically the worst of both worlds.

Well, the game supposed to be inspired by Gothic.

If there is good character customization and development I can live without character creation.

deuxhero

Arcane
Yeah, but the nameless hero had own personality and it was visible from the opening cutscene (agreeing to deliver the letter only if the guy stops talking) and has way more in Gothic 2 (his interactions with his friends from the first game).

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
From the developer in the Steam forum:

Ronge said:
Well, as for close combat, it's like in Gothic. You learn a one-handed sword - you are a swordsman. You learn a staff - you fight with a staff.
As for magic, the player will have access to any school of magic, but in order to achieve perfection, it will be necessary to join a guild.
Guilds have not yet been implemented, as I haven’t had time, but I will do them after the release. In guilds, the player will receive the best armor, as well as guild quests and other privileges.

Looks interesting but I think holding fire to see what the early adopters say would be wise. I saw another post that said he didn't have the funds to delay release any longer, which is a pretty big red flag.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom