Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

SpellMaster: The Saga - open world wizard academy action-RPG

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
looks mundane tbh... and it had to have base building and some management minigame lol

the two biggest cancers right now

PirateScum

Augur
Gave this a shot, 45min in.

Combat is nothing like Gothic, think more of a retarded version of Risen 3 combat.
You can kill the first two bandits easily. The third one can two hit you.... but you can cheese the combat way too easy since AI is dumb (hit two times, roll/step backwards, etc.)
Plot, at least how it all starts out, is very amateur level.
Dialogue is dumb, character's... character seems all over the place.
Almost no Settings to adjust. Not well optimized, bit of stutter every now and then.
Motion blur... which you can't turn off. :happytrollboy:

EDIT: Forgot to mention, the dev said the game is 6-8 hours long in the current state.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
upload_2022-2-17_0-1-27.png

Infinitron really has the touch of death when it comes to games.

Dodo1610

Arcane
Games like this are proof that Unity and UE are bad. 15 years ago hacks like Reality Pump at least needed some knowledge and effort to create trash like Two Worlds.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
What is it with people starting overly ambitious one-man-projects.
The logical conclusion of the ideas man.

I see nothing wrong with devs being overly ambitious. At worst, we'll have some entertaining case studies. At best, we'll get great games.

Yep. KoTC 1/2 was made by a single guy , bloodlust shadowhunter is a bit janky but good, minecraft also was made by a single guy. UnderRail, was made by a very small team.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Started playing it. It's still full of bugs and odd decisions, but so far it's playable. Difficulty is quite high - I get killed very often, almost every enemy is deadly. So far, quests are generic and uninteresting, but it's fun to explore around. The game has extremely high system requirements for its look. There is only one option for settings - low/medium/high, and I am unable to play on high. Low looks much better than medium though. Low appears to be the same as high but with lower 3D resolution, whereas medium has full 3D resolution but low-res textures. See for yourself:

This is LOW:
eBUVS2D.jpg

This is MEDIUM:
CCBa7gk.jpg

Here are some more screenshots on LOW:

And here are a few on MEDIUM:

wishbonetail

Learned
Whats with the lighting in modern Unity and UE games? Why everything looks so bleak, like overexposed photo. Is it some kind of ENB cancer, which came in vogue since Skyrim mods?

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Played a bit more. I said exploration seems fun. Well, little did I know that I've already seen the whole game world within the first hour running a bit around, except perhaps some interiors.

Combat is bad. It's kinda like Risen's but even worse.

Dialogues and quests are generic and boring, as previously mentioned. Their triggers are often not working, because you have to walk down the particular path and if you accidentally go around... well, stuff is not triggered and NPCs do not react.

There's actually some music, but very meh.

Overall, it's a bad game. I think I finished half of it within 3h anyway, but not gonna continue.

Not recommended.

thesecret1

Arcane
Seems like a dumpster fire of a game. Oh well. Dude's clearly pretty good to have pulled even something like this alone, hopefully he'll take it as a learning experience.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom