Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Spine Mod Manager - For Gothic 1 & 2

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
@github

Spine Mod Manager - Courtesy of the Clockwork Origins team - Website:
Spine is a modification manager for Gothic 1 and 2. It makes installation and updates of Gothic modifications much easier and has a huge library of modifications both for Gothic 1 and 2 in German, English and Polish language. The Russian modification list in Spine is not that big so far. It allows easy combination of several graphic patches with modifications without copying files manually or maintaining multiple Gothic installations. Spine also allows modders to use several new features like achievements, highscores and multiplayer.

Spine is written in C++ and uses the Qt framework for its graphical user interface.

World of Gothic Thread #6 - Translated from German:
After more than a month of work and with a lot of support from other mod developers, my project Spine has now achieved all the desired features and I would like to introduce it to a wider audience.

Spine is the replacement for the good old GothicStarter. Both modifications for Gothic and Gothic II can be installed directly from Spine and then start without having to load an installer and possibly even manually move files. In addition, some modifications have been slightly optimized in terms of downloads, so as not to load many unnecessary files.
For some of my old modifications as well as numerous new appearing modifications, the Spine version of the modification will also offer new, exclusive features. These include achievements and rankings (for modifications such as Elemental War and JiBo). First modifications with new features will be released soon.

It is recommended to use spines with a clean Gothic installation and then only use spines. Only then will the full potential of Spine really be exploited.

The important improvements compared to the GothicStarter:

• Automatic update to the report version => Never again problems due to wrong version
  • Install mods and play with just one click
  • Configuration of texture patches per mod quite simple
  • New features: achievements, scores / rankings (only for modifications that support these features)
  • Only one more starter for Gothic 1 and 2
  • Partly optimized mods downloads, which load less unnecessary files, than that does with some modifications of the Installer
  • News about mods and their teams directly in Spine
  • Mod Info pages
  • Import and export of modifications possible (backup)
Download Sources:
Download @ Clockwork Origins
Download @ WoG
Download Script-Paket Version 1.13.0
Spine-Scripts @ GitHub

Screenshots:

Modification database:
Spine_v1_0_0.png

Library with patch configuration:
Spine_v0_9_0.png

Profile page:
Spine_Profil.png

Successes:
Spine_Achievement.png

Start page:
Spine_News.png

Info page:
Spine_InfoPage.png

Compatibility dialog:
Spine_Compatibility.png

Start steps from installation to mod:

1. Spine loading
  2. Install spine
  3. Set the Gothic 1/2 folder as far as available or let it search automatically
  4. Gothic (s) are patched
  5. Install mods via the database
  6. Start mods via the library

Mods with spine features

Tutorials:
[Video]

Survey results:
Survey December 2017

Old threads:
[RELEASE] Spine
[RELEASE] Spine # 2
[RELEASE] Spine Mod Manager # 3
[RELEASE] Spine Mod Manager # 4

[RELEASE] Spine Mod Manager # 5

sleeper_small.png

Last edited:

cretin

Magister
Douchebag!
For me the utility of spine is completely lost over it's ridiculously slow download speeds. Seriously I think I'm getting like 10kb/s. The exact same files can be downloaded from anywhere else including worldofgothic without a problem in speed, so I don't know what the fuck is up. I'm not the only person with this problem either apparently. I had this same problem with spine over a year ago and it was the reason i ended up binning it and doing everything manually.

razvedchiki

Erudite
im trying to run odyssey mod for gothic 2 with spine but i get an d3d11x error each time. do i need anything else to download?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom