Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Spoiler-Safe Pathfinder: Kingmaker Self-Help Thread (Now ruined by munchkin assholes)

kelkorkesis

Novice
Anything mythic is stupid.

I had fair share of fun from it on pnp. A friend in my group suggested our DM to use it. DM felt frisky and we got our fist mythic rank out of blue after a boss fight. Our combat encounters ended at most 2 turns after that point though.

Mythic has some nice stuff for martials that should be in non mythic. It completely drops the ball when it comes to magic.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Anything mythic is stupid.

I had fair share of fun from it on pnp. A friend in my group suggested our DM to use it. DM felt frisky and we got our fist mythic rank out of blue after a boss fight. Our combat encounters ended at most 2 turns after that point though.

Mythic has some nice stuff for martials that should be in non mythic. It completely drops the ball when it comes to magic.
>Our combat encounters ended at most 2 turns after that point though.
I wonder how it will play out in Real Time. Devs will probably have to buff enemy HP or AC in order to make it work. In Kingmaker most encounters, once you get access to haste, will end within seconds.

I wonder how it will play out in Real Time. Devs will probably have to buff enemy HP or AC in order to make it work.

First assassin in your room in Prologue will have 120 AC. Crispy will rip off the last hair on his head, yell "I am coming Emma!" and jump out the window.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I wonder how it will play out in Real Time. Devs will probably have to buff enemy HP or AC in order to make it work.

First assassin in your room in Prologue will have 120 AC. Crispy will rip off the last hair on his head, yell "I am coming Emma!" and jump out the window.
Don't forget the assassin has to say,"You sound upset!"

kelkorkesis

Novice

Pnp pathfinder doesn't really have that high AC scaling unless DM decides to inflate it. I don't remember Slayer in our party having astronomic AC and he always landed almost all of his attacks with enough buffs (this campaign finished 3 years ago). Everything hits hard though. You just rely on other defenses.

Here is one of the most retarded thing came out of mythic rules.

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/alternativ...ythic-heroes/mythic-paths-paizo-inc/archmage/
Wild Arcana (Su)
As a swift action, you can expend one use of mythic power to cast any one arcane spell without expending a prepared spell or spell slot. The spell must be on one of your arcane class spell lists and must be of a level that you can cast with that arcane spellcasting class.

You don’t need to have the spell prepared, nor does it need to be on your list of spells known. When casting a spell in this way, you treat your caster level as 2 levels higher for the purpose of any effect dependent on level. You can apply any metamagic feats you know to this spell, but its total adjusted level can’t be greater than that of the highest-level arcane spell you can cast from that spellcasting class.

At least Owlcat knows what they are doing and redesigning mythic paths.

kelkorkesis

Novice
Haste got the short end of the stick:
"Affected creatures gain an addition move action each round. The movement speed increase changes to 50 feet, to a maximum of three times the creature’s normal speed for that movement type."
https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/h/haste/

Yes, movement speed! Thanks! It is so fucking bad bros.

Can you really not see the value of it? It gives extra move action. That means every martial can move to their opponent and full attack. This is extremely strong. Action economy is everything.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
Haste got the short end of the stick:
"Affected creatures gain an addition move action each round. The movement speed increase changes to 50 feet, to a maximum of three times the creature’s normal speed for that movement type."
https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/h/haste/

Yes, movement speed! Thanks! It is so fucking bad bros.

Can you really not see the value of it? It gives extra move action. That means every martial can move to their opponent and full attack. This is extremely strong. Action economy is everything.
I was expecting more from mythic haste, to be honest.

kelkorkesis

Novice
I was expecting more from mythic haste, to be honest.

It gives extra action. You don't really see the point of it in a rtwp environment but this really cannot be stronger and stay as a level 3 spell. It effectively gives pounce to every single martial in your party with minimal investment.

In 3.5 everyone and their mother would take single level of barbarian (spirit lion totem) just to get that. It is essential to a melee character toolkit and it is really hard to get in Pathfinder. But there are no breaks in mythic.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Vital strike is shiiite. I actually thought about making some kind of a Vital Strike build, maybe with Sword Saint and thier arcane points to get full damage/crit thing, but the math never works out for me. Essentially, you get so many attacks per round in Shitmaker (5 with haste for fighters for example), and so much added damage from stats/feats/equipment/buffs, that this per hit damage dwarfs anything you can do with base weapon damage, like with Vital Strike. For example, hardest hitting weapon is like 1-12 let's say, so fully pimped out Vital Strike is 4x, so you'll get something like 4-48 damage. That's an average of 26.

Turn Based mod fixes it to be a Standard action. So it's still quite a lot better then a regular single attack after movement or other actions.

And highest base damage weapons in the game are large bastard swords - they deal 2d8 damage. And can be increased in size to deal 6d8 base damage - up to 48 and up to 192 with Greater Vital Strike.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Pnp pathfinder doesn't really have that high AC scaling unless DM decides to inflate it.
Normal Pathfinder does not have high AC scaling, but Owlcat once produced bug when every reload reapplied AC bonuses and enemies started sporting 100+ in no time.

And highest base damage weapons in the game are large bastard swords - they deal 2d8 damage. And can be increased in size to deal 6d8 base damage - up to 48 and up to 192 with Greater Vital Strike.

6d8 is 6-48, which is 27 on average, so 4x would be 108, which is nothing compared to 5 attacks per round of like 60-130 damage each which my 2 handed fighter was getting towards the end.

kelkorkesis

Novice
Normal Pathfinder does not have high AC scaling, but Owlcat once produced bug when every reload reapplied AC bonuses and enemies started sporting 100+ in no time.
Similar kind of bug reduced my characters constition to 1 thanks to Cloak of Lost Souls.

6d8 is 6-48, which is 27 on average, so 4x would be 108, which is nothing compared to 5 attacks per round of like 60-130 damage each which my 2 handed fighter was getting towards the end.

I assume he is talking about maximizing weapon dice with Sword Saint's Perfect Strike.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron

Under Turn Based mod, he would not get those 5 attacks all the time.

Trashos

Arcane
Crane Style chain works regardless of your weapon despite the description. You can wield a two handed sword and still enjoy its benefits.

thats a bug and an obvious exploit.

Well, in regard to Wing and Riposte.
Nothing in the description of the "base" Crane Style feat suggests it shouldn't work with both hands busy.
The latter feats of the chain should require a free offhand -> I only use base Crane Style. It costs me 0 additional feats, as I take it as monk bonus on 1st level.

I have no regular party member that uses 2-handers, so I cannot comment on the details. However, if a 2-h fighter ends up having both better damage than a 1-h fighter AND better/equal defense to a 1-h fighter, then you are either taking advantage of a bug or of bad design.

If not, disregard.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron

Under Turn Based mod, he would not get those 5 attacks all the time.

Does the Turn Based Mod improve the combat experience, or slows it down to a crawl?

For me it greatly improves the experience. YMMV.
You have options to speed up animations, so it's not that much slower in practice.
Plus you can freely switch between turn based and real time, so it's not like you're sacrificing anything.

Trashos

Arcane
This is spoilery, but I think this is still the best thread for it.

Artisan Locations:
Irlene (Capital)
Bokken (Oleg's Trading Post/ Outskirts)
Dragn (South Narlmarches)
Shaynih'a (South Narlmarches)
Varrask (Kamelands)
Nazrielle (Kamelands)
Kimo (North Narlmarches)
Sharel (North Narlmarches)
Mim (Lake Silverstep)
Tirval (Varnhold)

Artisan Masterpieces:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/640820/discussions/0/2521353993644353241/

Artisan upgrade tips:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Pathfinder_Kingmaker/comments/anucgk/artisans/
(post by space-hamster)

Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
For me it greatly improves the experience. YMMV.
You have options to speed up animations, so it's not that much slower in practice.
Plus you can freely switch between turn based and real time, so it's not like you're sacrificing anything.
Quite fun, yet the encounters become ridiculously easy. And as I understand concentration checks no more have sense?

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Why?
If you attempt to cast near an enemy, you need to succeed at defensive casting or provoke an attack of opportunity.
I guess you mean the 5 ft step... well, if you're into that level of micro-management... but you need to be careful not to provoke disengagement attacks of opportunity then...

Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
For example in real time caster starts to cast a full round spell. Somebody attacks caster with the ranged weapon with say two attacks per round and both attacks will trigger concentration checks. In the TB mode caster will simply cast the spell during his turn. Right?
If you attempt to cast near an enemy, you need to succeed at defensive casting or provoke an attack of opportunity.
No objections on this.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
There aren't that many full round spells in the first place, so that was never a big issue, I'd say. Well, unless you're a sorcerer that's into non-rod metamagic. Then it sucks.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
I don't get pumping CON reccomandation Pink Eye. You can keep it at 10 and rather pump the attacking stat. Am I missing something?

Also, Outflank and Seize the moment don't stack.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
ga♥
It depends on the class. A sorcerer based tank or a sword saint can get along just fine with mirror image and other buffs. However, in the off chance that you do get hit, you'll regret not having a high CON. Having a high CON makes for a huge difference in the early game. Having more HP is always nice, as it facilitates the ability to brush off stray attacks that happen your way. CON is also important for fortitude. As some spells, and effects, target fortitude.

>Also, Outflank and Seize the moment don't stack.
They do, but not in the way you're thinking. Simply put, the two have a weird interaction with each other. I suggest playing around with it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom