Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Scam Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

RoBoBOBR

Arcane
Patron

Latelistener

Arcane
Apparently, John Pritchett has left CIG: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/50259/thread/ifcs-q-a/1286733

This is as good a place to announce this as any I guess. I was still answering Q&A posts, but I'm out of time. Today is my last day at CIG! I've known for awhile this time was coming, and this doc was presented as a detailed description of the culmination of my work on your game. I hope parts of it will continue on and the new devs will build on it and improve it. But my part in this amazing game comes to an end today.

This community has been amazing! I regret that I was not able to spend more time interacting with you. So many really knowledgeable gamers and especially space combat pilots. Your feedback was always helpful.

I don't expect to continue much on the forum after today. My account will be reverted to citizen status, I guess. Hopefully our posts will remain. But I won't respond to additional messages or posts. I may show up on Reddit from time to time. I chat with a lot of you on Discord, and I will continue to do so.

Ok, that's it. JP signing off! o7 Star Citizens!

https://starcitizen.tools/John_Pritchett

He worked in CIG from November 2013

He was the main contributor to the various spacecraft flight simulation components, including the Intelligent Flight Control System (IFCS) and the Gravlev.

On a side note: https://www.dualshockers.com/star-citizen-alpha-3-2-released/

Yesterday, Project Director Chris Roberts himself also confirmed in an episode of Reverse the Verse Live, that the single-player campaign Squadron 42 won’t come in 2018.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Both games will not come out in real game finished form! Nobody in their right mind would expect anything more than nu ships from those scammers. I do hope they swindle everything that those retarded people that actively support them have,let them take a mortgage on that house and become homeless. If you are that stupid then you deserve what is coming to you!

SymbolicFrank

Magister
With every update there is less space and more FPS. Probably because that works out of the box in CryEngine.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Ok for all the lazy fags i will paste it here ;).

Star Citizen Supporters Can No Longer Receive Refunds

Unhappy Star Citizen Supporters Are Out of Luck

Anyone who backed Star Citizen, which has received an insane amount of crowdfunding, can no longer ask to be refunded by developer Cloud Imperium Games (CIG). Although standard means of asking for refunds were removed through the Star Citizen’s June 6, 2016 Terms of Service (TOS) update, CIG stopped issuing them completely in December 2017.

Star-Citizen-Passes-150-Million-Dollar-Crowdfunding-Milestone-main-min-700x394.jpg

Since December 2017, CIG has been ignoring all refund demands. One backer went so far as to take CIG to court, and apparently lost, claiming that the judge did not want to hear anything about the Terms of Service’s (TOS’s) “conscionability or lack of consideration.”

And according to Derek Smart, an independent game developer, CIG has been revising Star Citizen’s TOS since 2015 to quietly remove all backer rights, removing CIG’s obligation to be held financially accountable for backers. In fact, they don’t even have to deliver a final product.

It’s an interesting turn of events, especially considering CIG explicitly promised that they would be financially accountable for their backers during the game’s initial push for funding.

“You know, when Chris [Roberts] set out to make the space sim that is Star Citizen, he had one vision in mind that he wanted to achieve,” Cloud Imperium Games’ Eric Kieron Davis said in a 2017 interview. “And as we’ve continued to get support from our community, our backers, we’ve realized that not only do they want a game that is larger, more immersive, but that’s the game that we want to make.”

“So as we’ve grown, we’ve kind of reevaluated how we can maintain the expectations we set at the beginning, but also how we can establish the larger, more grand vision that is Star Citizen. And as you’d expect, the production schedules and expectations just evolve with that. Generally for the better- cause we’re still making, we’ve made quite a lot of progress, there’s quite a bit of game that’s out there and playable now, that’s given us an immense amount of feedback towards systems and features, where we need to focus, where we should focus less… working with the crowdfunding community is incredible.”

SOURCE

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
Hmmm... I think at this point it doesn't matter anymore. Those who haven't requested a refund yet, are completely lost in delusion.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
It's fun to laugh at the utter failure but this could have had the potential of revitalizing interest on the PC as a big budget platform. Chris Roberts didn't just scam a few retards, he just cemented the perception that PC exclusives are a lost cause. For that he deserves beheading.

Trashos

Arcane
It's fun to laugh at the utter failure but this could have had the potential of revitalizing interest on the PC as a big budget platform. Chris Roberts didn't just scam a few retards, he just cemented the perception that PC exclusives are a lost cause. For that he deserves beheading.

Not so sure about that. I mean, SC did showcase the big money potential of PC games. He promised something cool, and it started raining money. Whether he delivers is a separate issue, the potential is there, isn't it?

Trashos

Arcane
I agree that the next visionary will have to be much more convincing, if SC is remembered as a scam. But the customers are there, the hunger is there, and everybody knows now. That's all I am saying.

Nirvash

Liturgist
I agree that the next visionary will have to be much more convincing, if SC is remembered as a scam. But the customers are there, the hunger is there, and everybody knows now. That's all I am saying.

Yes, and that's the reason bethesda is doing a space game.

But is not like we actually lack space games, we are full of indie/low budget stuff selling little to nothing.

Those customers are only here for the a revolutionary AAA game, very few developers (if any) can really make it.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
It's not gonna be the same if this game collapses.
The game and the scam meister are long forgotten. Only people that care about it are a bunch of delusional fans,a butthurt shitty indi dev and drama lovers in niche forums like the codex. The world and the industry doesn't give a rat's ass what happens to the game. People were saying that it will be a scam 6 years ago. There are more than enough good games that come to the PC for me to see this as a PC flagship or something similar. For me games that show PC superiority are games like Aurora,Dwarf Fortress,Paradox games and a few others.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom