Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Scam Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

Danikas

Arcane
The in-game event is pretty cool. There's a military parade flying around between the major space stations shwoing off some of the upcoming capital ships:

Is this the graphical fidelity chrissy roberts was hyping up for 8 years? Im not impressed, for comparision this is how a mod for 17 years old rts game looks.

And because chrissy likes star wars so much lets see how empire at war compares to his game :lol:

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
Fireworks in space, huh?

Lack of explosions in space is one of dumbest pasta that somehow people believe it on internet. On surface level is it logical but it falls apart when you go deeper into subject, especially when we talk about spaceships.

You don't need oxygen atmosphere to get fire. Every bullet used in guns uses oxidizer because amount in air is too low for rapid explosion that takes place when you fire a gun. All explosives from smallest to biggest use oxiders. Only nukes don't use oxidizer because energy generated in nuclear blast is caused by chain reaction of atoms themselves but they still use catalyst that speeds up chain reaction.

Moreover in case of ships in space etc, all ships (maybe aside from other races or AI) are pressurized with atmosphere to breathe thus they provide fuel to fire but i would guess with advanced ships stuff like blast doors would be used to instantly vent air to stop fires.

Finally what is a fire ? Just rapid change of one state usually solid into another gas. Oxygen is just good chemical conductor. But when you get enough energy then you don't need oxygen. The fire itself also highly varied as it depends highly on amount of heat generated so in some cases you can get invisible fire:

So yes in case of general principle fires in space are rather uncommon from small sources. But when you talk about destruction of ships caused by massive energy spikes then absolutely you would have huge balls of fire when all oxygen on those ships get starts to chain react due to overload of energy.

Now they true weird part is that people often take plasma for fire. The sun is often called "fireball" but in fact it is not a fire nor sun is in fire. It is entirely made out of plasma. It looks for us similar but works completely different than fire.

So general space battle in space would look more like fireworks with various kinds of fires (due to rapid gassification of various materials mostly in invisible spectrum to us) combined with plasma after initial fires would be out as space is terrible conductor of energy and everything stays heated for a long time.

Peachcurl

Cipher
Lack of explosions in space is one of dumbest pasta that somehow people believe it on internet. On surface level is it logical but it falls apart when you go deeper into subject, especially when we talk about spaceships.

Well we don't. We talk about pretty much run-of-the-mill fireworks copypasted into space. That's what the video showed.

Perkel

Arcane
Well we don't. We talk about pretty much run-of-the-mill fireworks copypasted into space. That's what the video showed.

Fireworks work exactly the same way as bullets do, they also have oxidizer because without it it wouldn't generate enough energy. So any kind of firework would work just as well in space as on earth. The only problem would be to heat up charge as obviously you can't use matches and start fire.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
How does digital products get sold out in the first place?
LoL buy gifting some ship to a youtuber and ask him to stage that video we just saw,so it could hype all the retards that play star whale 3.99 .Fuck the game doesn't even look good,yet retards are throwing money at it.

Myobi

Liturgist

My question is, why does CiG feel the need to create a false sense of urgency on these sales when sheapies will be on their toes to throw them even more money regardless.

These mother fuckers go as far as bragging how much money they wasted on the bloody thing… this sort of autism is only matched by uber simpies that shame each other for “just” donating X to their e-gurl.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

My question is, why does CiG feel the need to create a false sense of urgency on these sales when sheapies will be on their toes to throw them even more money regardless.

These mother fuckers go as far as bragging how much money they wasted on the bloody thing… this sort of autism is only matched by uber simpies that shame each other for “just” donating X to their e-gurl.
Because there is a real sense of urgency for paying the devs. The company is going under,the question is how soon :).

Also yeah,there is a lot of retarded germans and kwanza that throw money at that shit. We do need a nice revolution to clear away all the retards.

ADL

Prophet
From the SC leaks discord
tl;dr - SQ42 pt1 release in 2021
unknown-88.png

I've always said Star Citizen is two to three years behind SQ42's first release so 2023/2024 given the virus seems plausible given that a lot of the tech and assets are shared between the two projects.
Also not pictured is "confirmation" that they're porting Theaters of War to consoles which basically confirms SQ42 and probably Star Citizen's release on next gen consoles. Why not? Those consoles are better than 97% of the "PC master race" in my Discord server.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk

Because there is a real sense of urgency for paying the devs. The company is going under,the question is how soon :).

Also yeah,there is a lot of retarded germans and kwanza that throw money at that shit. We do need a nice revolution to clear away all the retards.

It looks like Roberts has found the perfect way to siphon insane sums of money from clueless tech hipsters. I actually respect him for that and it's extremely funny what he did.

Earn lots of money in some useless job in the tech industry -> spend in on nonexisting items in Chris Roberts software vaporware ruin. It's like giving people imaginary blowjobs for 10,000$, with a waiting list of 15 years that never gets fulfilled.

Danikas

Arcane
tl;dr - SQ42 pt1 release in 2021

Sure its coming out in 2021 chrissy roberts says that so it must be true, its not like he has a long history of spewing bs from his mouth.

2014 roberts: "I would put up sq42 against any AAA game out there just by itself :lol:"

:positive:

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
2700 usd you can get a used car for that or get 45 full priced games that are actually worth playing :lol:
Can somebody explain to me the thought process of people who buy this shit?

Same kind of audience that spends $1000s on flight rigs. RSI struck gold when they opted for full cockpit and "kind of" simulation which crosses with section of people who really fucking love space sims but not much else, it is not huge crowd but usually those are older guys who have money to spare. I kind of orbit around this but in driving space. I spend shitload of money on racing games and my racing rig (full wheel, pedals, stick, seat) and i plan to add to that in year or two some buttkicker for some motion seat play.

Flight sim guys are on another level though and this the kind of guys who buy those expensive stuff:

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
and here is actual setup for SC for some guy. So those dudes who spend $1000 on virtual ship already spent $1000s on their setups.

Fishy

Savant
2700 usd you can get a used car for that or get 45 full priced games that are actually worth playing :lol:
Can somebody explain to me the thought process of people who buy this shit?

Same kind of audience that spends $1000s on flight rigs. RSI struck gold when they opted for full cockpit and "kind of" simulation which crosses with section of people who really fucking love space sims but not much else, it is not huge crowd but usually those are older guys who have money to spare. I kind of orbit around this but in driving space. I spend shitload of money on racing games and my racing rig (full wheel, pedals, stick, seat) and i plan to add to that in year or two some buttkicker for some motion seat play.

People do whatever they want with their cash, but imho there's a fundamental difference between *working* accessories for *fully-featured* *released* sims and JPGs of pretend ships one may get to possibly fly some day. Flight Sim enthusiasts don't pay for JPGs of a simpit, they pay to get the shit delivered to their door 3 days later and it better work as advertised.

However, maybe I'm wrong, in which case, look at this baby:
rb1_1800-1_600x600_crop_center.jpg

Send me $10,000 through Paypal and the JPG is yours RIGHT NOW, and as soon as I complete the physical version, I'll send it to you, promised. For an extra tenner a month I can even send you updates and a roadmap.

RRRrrr

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Lol what a bunch of dweebs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom