Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Scam Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

Tiger

Learned
Star Citizen fans call on CIG to post an update on Squadron 42 development progress

https://massivelyop.com/2020/07/27/...n-update-on-squadron-42-development-progress/

A post on the Star Citizen subreddit has been growing in traction in recent days, putting into perspective an abject lack of substantial progress reports on Squadron 42’s development. The post points to a promise written in March 2020’s Roadmap Roundup to share more SQ42 content in its AMAs, Calling All Devs, and in sprint reports in Inside Star Citizen — all of which were not ultimately kept save for a look at gas clouds and real-time talking heads in May.

The vast majority of the replies read with varying levels of exasperation at CIG’s dragging feet and wondering just what is going on with the project. One of the replies seems to sum up part of the problem rather succinctly:

“What is going on is that we constantly signaling that we’re okay with how things are. We have a record breaking month in funding every other month. People don’t stop buying new ships. No reason for CIG to change anything. They can say and do whatever they want and people keep throwing money at them. I don’t think anything will change unless we have some noticeable decline in funding at least for some time period.”

Other posts point to a pledge CIG made about treating backers “with the respect [they] deserve instead of spending […] money on public relations” if there are delays in development. “Radio silence is not upholding the spirit of this statement,” reads one such reply. “I cannot in good conscience condone the continued chokehold that the marketing and PR teams have on communication between CIG and the players. I get that withholding bad news prevents negative PR, but the commitment and pledge to showing respect for those who have funded this project by informing the playerbase comes before that.”

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
The people paying for this "game" are such brainless cultists it hurts. How many times does the world around you have to repeat "BECAUSE IT'S A SCAM" before they finally accept this simple truth?

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Not really. This year i think again broke record with crowfunding.

They earned more money than ever. If anything, it's getting worse. The cult is closing in ranks.

Interesting. It seems people are getting increasingly pissed off on the official reddit site. Usually the fanboys would be on all out attack if any dissent was shown, but not seeing that anymore.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
So will I be able to play this game when my kids are in high school, college, or after the singularity where we're all transcended beings?

They earned more money than ever. If anything, it's getting worse. The cult is closing in ranks.

Interesting. It seems people are getting increasingly pissed off on the official reddit site. Usually the fanboys would be on all out attack if any dissent was shown, but not seeing that anymore.

It's been what, 8 years? Lasted longer than most cults already.

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
So will I be able to play this game when my kids are in high school, college, or after the singularity where we're all transcended beings?

It's been what, 8 years? Lasted longer than most cults already.

But few cults grow more rabid with each failure.

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Perkel

Arcane
The X-Series didn't raise 300m+ crowdfunding money by promising more than 100 landable planets.

120 systems not planets. Stanton which is just one system has multiple planets and moons. They even plan to add new city in clouds of gas giant which was supposed to be released 3.10 but it slipped to next patch because their cloud tech wasn't ready.

To be fair though they use Stanton as their test bed for every piece of tech. They could just as easily get one planet with city and rest baren planets and get away with that and doing Microtech city in other system. No one also predicted they they would actually implement huge cities to begin with and yet they did.

With Stanton system they pretty much have covered most of hard parts:

- big cities/planetsize cities - check
- cities in atmospheres - check
- bases on moons - check
- city in clouds of gas giant - wip
- normal space stations and asteroid stations - check.

Once they will get gas giant city working they can copy paste design to other system and quickly make 10s of other systems. It is not like all systems have to be complex as Stanton.

Last edited:
Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
The X-Series didn't raise 300m+ crowdfunding money by promising more than 100 landable planets.

120 systems not planets. Stanton which is just one system has multiple planets and moons. They even plan to add new city in clouds of gas giant which was supposed to be released 3.10 but it slipped to next patch because their cloud tech wasn't ready.

To be fair though they use Stanton as their test bed for every piece of tech. They could just as easily get one planet with city and rest baren planets and get away with that and doing Microtech city in other system.

No one also predicted they they would actually implement huge cities to begin with.

Your apologist copypasta is seriously outdated, your stuff reads like the sc reddit, but from last year.

To be fair though they use Stanton as their test bed for every piece of tech. They could just as easily get one planet with city and rest baren planets and get away with that and doing Microtech city in other system. No one also predicted they they would actually implement huge cities to begin with and yet they did.

- bases on moons - check

Once they will get gas giant city working they can copy paste design to other system and quickly make 10s of other systems. It is not like all systems have to be complex as Stanton.

I like how your bullet list focuses on pure assets and conveniently fails to mention such a little detail like professions/gameplay loops, which are currently almost completely missing from the game.

Also, did they already figure out how to get more than 50 people on one server in their space „MMO“ without crashing it all the god damn time?

Spoiler!

Of course not.

Myobi

Liturgist

AHahahahahahahahahah x,D

[insert clownapplyingmakeupmeme.jpg here]

AHahahahahahahahahah x,D

[insert clownapplyingmakeupmeme.jpg here]

„Hey guys SC will be much better than Elite Dangerous because all systems will be handcrafted!

But how will they ever finish 100 star systems?

No problem, they can simply copy & paste them!“

Citizen logic :)

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum

- bases on moons - check

You're baiting, right? You're not being serious, I refuse to believe that. This game has been in development for 8 years, with a budget that even most AAA titles can only dream of. It's a scam. He took the money.

ADL

Prophet
The whole 120 systems stretch goal thing is really the only solid point against Star Citizen, I wish Chris Roberts would just say "we're not doing 120 systems anymore, you're getting ten highly detailed ones at launch with more to come afterwards" because that seems like a reasonable exchange.
I like how your bullet list focuses on pure assets and conveniently fails to mention such a little detail like professions/gameplay loops, which are currently almost completely missing from the game.

Also, did they already figure out how to get more than 50 people on one server in their space „MMO“ without crashing it all the god damn time?

Spoiler!

Of course not.

What are you talking about m8? Almost the entirety of content in the game are related to professions and emergent gameplay loops. Not saying they're perfect but they're there. Also from my understanding the plan was always to have 50 player servers but those players would seamlessly fade in and out of the world. The move to Amazon's Lumberyard facilitates that as AWS instances will automatically spin up and close themselves down as needed.

You're baiting, right? You're not being serious, I refuse to believe that. This game has been in development for 8 years, with a budget that even most AAA titles can only dream of. It's a scam. He took the money.

Hiring 600+ IT professionals and housing them across seven studios isn't really the most efficient con game. Also are you really gonna count the years they were essentially prototyping this thing in a garage somewhere with next to zero staff? It's been six years since the studios started being reasonably staffed and games of significantly smaller scale have taken 7+ years.

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
The whole 120 systems stretch goal thing is really the only solid point against Star Citizen, I wish Chris Roberts would just say "we're not doing 120 systems anymore, you're getting ten highly detailed ones at launch with more to come afterwards" because that seems like a reasonable exchange.

Spoiler!

Of course not.

What are you talking about m8? Almost the entirety of content in the game are related to professions and emergent gameplay loops. Not saying they're perfect but they're there. Also from my understanding the plan was always to have 50 player servers but those players would seamlessly fade in and out of the world. The move to Amazon's Lumberyard facilitates that as AWS instances will automatically spin up and close themselves down as needed.

Hiring 600+ IT professionals and housing them across seven studios isn't really the most efficient con game. Also are you really gonna count the years they were essentially prototyping this thing in a garage somewhere with next to zero staff? It's been six years since the studios started being reasonably staffed and games of significantly smaller scale have taken 7+ years.

Name three financially successful AAA games which took 7+ years of development. I'm waiting.

ADL

Prophet
Elder Scrolls Online, Team Fortress 2 and Star Wars The Old Republic
Was that supposed to be difficult?

BioWare began development on The Old Republic in December 2005 at a satellite studio in Austin, Texas constructed primarily for the project. By January 7, 2007, Electronic Arts completed its acquisition of BioWare/Pandemic for $860 million, in a move motivated by hopes of expanding into the MMO genre of video games. In the following months, rumors persisted about the development of a new KOTOR video game, spurred on by leaks from within BioWare and LucasArts and the registration of "Star Wars The Old Republic" and "The Old Republic" as LucasArts trademarks.

So I was wrong, six years but here's another to replace it... How about the beloved Morrowind which started in 1996 and was in development until 2002? Also Diablo 3, LA Noire and Red Dead Redemption 2

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum

Are you, by any chance, growing retarded along with your cult?

Star Wars: The Old Republic - Development began 2007, released 2011. - 4 years
Elder Scrolls Online - Exactly seven years, not 7+.
Team Fortress 2 is the only correct example, and it wasn't done on the dime of gullible, possibly mentally handicapped, donors.

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum

BioWare began development on The Old Republic in December 2005 at a satellite studio in Austin, Texas constructed primarily for the project. By January 7, 2007, Electronic Arts completed its acquisition of BioWare/Pandemic for $860 million, in a move motivated by hopes of expanding into the MMO genre of video games. In the following months, rumors persisted about the development of a new KOTOR video game, spurred on by leaks from within BioWare and LucasArts and the registration of "Star Wars The Old Republic" and "The Old Republic" as LucasArts trademarks.

So I was wrong, six years but here's another to replace it... How about the beloved Morrowind which started in 1996 and was in development until 2002? Also Diablo 3, LA Noire and Red Dead Redemption 2

First of all, stop coping by editing your posts.

Secondly, your further examples are single player titles, none of them took more than 7 years (except for Dialbo 3) and, once again, weren't financed on the backs of mentally ill people sucked into a scam by a person who hasn't released a single finished game in 20 years. If you do it with your own cash, it can take you 50 years, I don't care.

And by the by, you of little mind and even less heart, you forgot about the best, most prestigious, and most perfect example - Grimoire: Heralds of the Winged Examplar.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom