Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Scam Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

Perkel

Arcane
I find the dichotomy of Perkel talking about No

While praising "Star Citizen" for the emergent gameplay of sitting in a chair for 20 minutes pretending he is riding the Metro, waiting "IRL time" in a virtual prison or the "physicality" of picking up boxes, which he can apparently do for dozens of hours rather amusing. :lol:

There is no dichotomy.

NMS mining. Zap zap laser and that is it maybe some refining to change one resource into next level one.

SC mining:
low tier: hand mining in caves
mid tier: mining with buggy on surface of planet
high tier: mining with ship planets and asteroids
end game: mining with huge ship that require multiple people to operate from mining refining scanning etc.

Ship mining has various heads for different resources, consumables etc.

And all of that is just mechanics that do not involve stuff like transportation which can cause pirate attacks, other players that can wait for full cargo and ask for toll. People can team up with transport ship take few buggies and scan terrain for them while other people mine etc and then they share profits.

Refining as a gameplay atm is not even in (next patch) and it already provides more depth and some progression on how you play when it comes to mining profession. Obviously it is not yet at some super deep level but it is enough for most of folks and they plan to add stuff on top of that like mentioned refining (atm refining is just selling stuff)

NMS main problem is that shallowness is by design. SC as much as buggy and overpromised stuff is they actively pursue depth. Whatever that depth will be fun to play is entirely other topic but at least they try to deliver something more than zap zap laser mining.

Like i said at current state i would not recommend anyone playing it. Too many bugs and crashes. But when it works without issues there is something to play with.

Data4

Arcane
I once again hit that desk flipping moment where I'm going to give it a rest for a few months. I started off with about 150K in credits and decided to get into trading. 3 times in a row, I experienced a game crash where I lost my cargo and money. Bound and determined to make it back, I decided to switch things up and do some deliveries. I picked two that used the same moons. I staggered the deliveries so that the final crate for each was the last drop offs I needed to make. After spending about an hour and a half, I was placing the first of the last two crates at the destination when I heard a loud crash. The outpost I was in had a window in one of the modules that overlooked the landing pad, so I took a look and there my Freelancer sat in pieces. Some asshole came by and blew it up. Normally, such a thing is just part and parcel of playing in a world where you can be attacked at any time, and while annoying, isn't something to get buttmad over and quit. In my case, after the game itself fucked me over 3 times, having this happen was like a cherry on the sundae, so I said "fuck it".

Maybe I'll try again at 3.11.

Perkel

Arcane
3.10 is buggy as fuck. i played few days of 3.9 and it was in much better place. They resolved some issues yesterday sever side but still it has a lot og crashes, bugs etc. There is patching going on in PTU and people there say it is in much better state but those patches will take few days for LIVE.

I wouldn't advice playing it until they patch LIVE with with PTU patches.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
I can't believe people that browse this forum are retarded enough to buy this game. I subscribed to this thread to laugh at the game. Not to see codexers go full retard.

Perkel

Arcane
I can't believe people that browse this forum are retarded enough to buy this game. I subscribed to this thread to laugh at the game. Not to see codexers go full retard.

It was gifted to me. Not only someone gifted it to me but also they went and got me 180$ version instead of 50$ one. :lol::lol::lol:

I will probably sell it later and upgrade GPU :lol::lol::lol:

Grimlorn

Arcane
I once again hit that desk flipping moment where I'm going to give it a rest for a few months. I started off with about 150K in credits and decided to get into trading. 3 times in a row, I experienced a game crash where I lost my cargo and money. Bound and determined to make it back, I decided to switch things up and do some deliveries. I picked two that used the same moons. I staggered the deliveries so that the final crate for each was the last drop offs I needed to make. After spending about an hour and a half, I was placing the first of the last two crates at the destination when I heard a loud crash. The outpost I was in had a window in one of the modules that overlooked the landing pad, so I took a look and there my Freelancer sat in pieces. Some asshole came by and blew it up. Normally, such a thing is just part and parcel of playing in a world where you can be attacked at any time, and while annoying, isn't something to get buttmad over and quit. In my case, after the game itself fucked me over 3 times, having this happen was like a cherry on the sundae, so I said "fuck it".

Maybe I'll try again at 3.11.
iu

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Ok here is my report from SC 3.9 and 3.10 as i spent nearly 50 hours over past days toying with it.

TLDR: Broken as fuck but day1 when they will finish it in 2050.

TLDR: ma feels and for larpers, everybody else stay far away, nothing has changed with this broken vaporware joke

Myobi

Liturgist
It was gifted to me. Not only someone gifted it to me but also they went and got me 180$ version instead of 50$ one. :lol::lol::lol:

I will probably sell it later and upgrade GPU :lol::lol::lol:

I guess those are the wonders of sucking a lot of dick :?

Perkel

Arcane
Star Citizen is now Dwarf Fortress.

DEvs made a stream about what they are doing currently when it comes to VFX.
They are making now Realistic fire propagation, apparently all ships/stations/items since 2 years are build from materials that have properties like what temperature it takes to start fire or be burned to crisp. Moreover it ties with their atmosphere system where planet, room etc have atmosphere which can change temperature and composition.

Another few years to development lol. Autism knows no bounds. They should hire Toady.

Sound on, that fire effect is placeholder.

Data4

Arcane

I bought back in 2013 when everyone was still hopeful. I'm just playing to get my money's worth.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
If you bought a pastrami that was laced with shit would you still eat it to get your money's worth?

Perkel

Arcane
Proggress on next patches since 7th of August.
3.11 ETA Q3 2020 (probably september)
3.12 ETA Q4 2020 (probably december)

Notables 3.11
Cargo deck: Adds cargo decks to various stations and ports, allows for storage of trade goods and give missions.
Server to Client rework: Removes a lot of judder and jerky animations from game by increasing accuracy of server to client communication.

Notables 3.12
Refinery Deck - Increases mining complexity adding refinery of raw ores and refinery deck, generates missions.

8n5pltxuv0h51.png

Data4

Arcane
If you bought a pastrami that was laced with shit would you still eat it to get your money's worth?

If I bought and ate a pastrami back when everyone thought that pastrami was the second coming of Christ, and only found out years later that it was laced with shit, I guess it wouldn't matter as long as I was still alive without some third world parasite eating my pancreas. Bad analogy.

Mortmal

Arcane
Looks like average SC 3.10 "gameplay"
So true, tried 3.1 recently cause i am bored. Get up from the bed, take the metro to the airport, nice realistic , tedious like real life. Come to my drake landing pad, miracle hotas command still works, take off , boom , no warning. Back wasting my time on elite dangerous, beats drinking in a pub...

Myobi

Liturgist
Looks like average SC 3.10 "gameplay"
So true, tried 3.1 recently cause i am bored. Get up from the bed, take the metro to the airport, nice realistic , tedious like real life. Come to my drake landing pad, miracle hotas command still works, take off , boom , no warning. Back wasting my time on elite dangerous, beats drinking in a pub...

Man, can't wait for them to add the basic hygiene tech, I mean, what's the point of a prison system if players ain't sort of forced into the showers.

"mah immersion!"

Perkel

Arcane
Man, can't wait for them to add the basic hygiene tech, I mean, what's the point of a prison system if players ain't sort of forced into the showers.
"mah immersion!"

There are already interactive showers in game lol.

Myobi

Liturgist
"mah immersion!"

There are already interactive showers in game lol.

... but have they added the soap bar tech to it yet?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom