Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Scam Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

Perkel

Arcane
3.12 just went into evocati so 3.12 probably before christmas.

edit:

their volumetric gas clouds in action at LX points:

2m9bl1vnzn261.png

Vg9PWqf.jpg

New tractor beam attachement for multitool:

edit:

Seems that there will be new mission type:

This is an alert. XenoThreat forces are attacking INS-Jericho in an effort to destroy the Javelin docked there. We need all CDF and civilian volunteers to lend combat support immediately.

Last edited:

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Chris paid the Chinese government to release the virus so everybody stay home and buy his promises of digital ships.

You heard it first here.

Game sales have generally been up because of the pandemic, if anything that is just helping the trend for SC that started in 2019 https://www.washingtonpost.com/video-games/2020/05/12/video-game-industry-coronavirus/
But Star Citizen isn't a game.

it's more of a game than many games that released on Steam as complete and finished.
This

I've had more fun jacking Whale Dad's ships and taking them for joyrides or staging mutinies than I've had playing souless games like Rebel Galaxy Outlaw or Starport Gemini 3. Where SC shines, even in it's alpha state is in these little dynamic moments that can only happen due to being fairly open compared with other games that call themselves "open world".

Want to shoot the player who just rescued you and steal his ship? Cool beans go right ahead and hope you can dodge the law.
Want to stage an elaborate heist of a capital ship that some dad ran his mouth over and lauded over us peasants? Go right ahead.
Start a prison riot to shield your escape after getting caught failing to steal a ship? Do it, but make sure you arranged a pick up.

That's me though. I like rounding up some mates and making our own fun as we did in UO and SWG back in the day. I like that I play a person and not just a disembodied consciousness inhabiting a space ship. I like how you can pull a gun out and do FPS stuff alongside the space sim stuff. It's what I wanted Space Sims to be after I completed Wing Commander and space sims just... stayed the same. Graphics got better. But they're still no more advanced gameplay wise than OG Elite. I want that dynamic universe you can explore on foot. I don't want to just play another Freelancer.

Perkel

Arcane
Havin to "make your own fun" with your friends its always a good sign of an amazing "game".

I mostly play alone because party system is very buggy and amount of bugs and crashes follows problem^nplayers = you are fucked function. As long as you can get 4-5 hours without anything going wrong with game it is pretty cool game.

Flying multicrew ship is fucking awesome but atm it is pretty much fucked due to above calculation. Tried multiple times over past 2-3 months to play with 2 other people and always something went wrong in less than 30 minutes.

Data4

Arcane
Havin to "make your own fun" with your friends its always a good sign of an amazing "game".

I mostly play alone because party system is very buggy and amount of bugs and crashes follows problem^nplayers = you are fucked function. As long as you can get 4-5 hours without anything going wrong with game it is pretty cool game.

Flying multicrew ship is fucking awesome but atm it is pretty much fucked due to above calculation. Tried multiple times over past 2-3 months to play with 2 other people and always something went wrong in less than 30 minutes.

The only problem is if you like trading. It's a huge gamble right now. Nothing is more desk-flipping than a 30K error when you've got a hold full of expensive goods, wiping out 50% or more of your aUEC account. The hell of it is I'm trying to save for a ROC so I can mine and not risk losing more than time if a 30K hits me with a hold full of minerals.

Perkel

Arcane
3.12 is shaping up to be one of the best patches in a while.

I wonder when they will announce 3.13 on roadmap. Or if they will ever at all considering their new sprint roadmap will be released before Christmas and it won't actually include any roadmap other than what people work atm.

Myobi

Liturgist
lol, "new technology"... yeah, I guess, I wasn’t really expecting to ever see something like the elevator panel tech in my life, bloody impressive.

Perkel

Arcane
Latest evocati 3.12 patch brings wind volumes behind engines and all physic based object will react to it.
So walking behind engine can lead to spontaneous take offs for walking players.

Fishy

Savant
Latest evocati 3.12 patch brings wind volumes behind engines and all physic based object will react to it.

With the current state of their "physics", walking, running, clicking the mouse, pressing a key ot drinking tea can all lead to spontaneous take offs: https://i.imgur.com/ZnKp9xb.mp4

Last edited:

Myobi

Liturgist

With the current state of their "physics", walking, running, clicking the mouse, pressing a key ot drinking tea can all lead to spontaneous take offs: https://i.imgur.com/ZnKp9xb.mp4

Roflmao! Well, I’m sure when the “physics” tech 2.0b hits in 7 years, around the same time when they finish the elevator panels, it will be just like real-life, but better.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom