1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Vapourware Star Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

Discussion in 'MMO(RP)G / Online Discussion' started by Morgoth, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Burning Bridges Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk

Burning Bridges
    A big fuck you! to their core audience.

^ Top  
  2. Data4 Arcane

Data4
    My tagline was born somewhat out of this realization and coincidentally, after watching the first part of this a couple weeks ago. At least you make your own character in SC, but yeah, this is where we are now.

^ Top  
  3. AN4RCHID Arcane

AN4RCHID

I'm Ridin' with Biden I'm Ridin' with Biden
  4. AN4RCHID Arcane

AN4RCHID

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/17805-Letter-From-The-Chairman

• I found this text to be too long and as such I didn't read it I found this text to be too long and as such I didn't read it x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Peaceful protest Peaceful protest x 1
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Myobi Scholar

Myobi
    Roflmao, I just love how bragging about how much money they are making without even having to release a product always comes first, I wish I could buy me a mansion n cruise around the world like this too.

^ Top  
  6. Fishy Learned

Fishy
    Except when they compromise (server headcount limits, npc closets, non-physicalised elevators, scaled-down planets, no orbital motion...).

^ Top  
  7. potatojohn Arcane

potatojohn
    So is this game out yet or what? What's the current state?

• It's a matter of time It's a matter of time x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Grimlorn Arcane

Grimlorn
    Game isn't out yet. They are working on cloud physics right now.

• Funny Funny x 3
    ^ Top  
  9. AN4RCHID Arcane

AN4RCHID

It's out in early access / alpha. It's buggy, performance is poor, and it crashes from time to time. If you have an itch for space trucking, this game provides nice looking spaceships and environments in which to do so, with lots of different ships and customizations to work toward. There's some other stuff too but it is mostly not fully baked.

They have a few events per year where you can try it out for free for a week. I would recommend trying before you buy.

• retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Data4 Arcane

Data4
    Space trucking is currently broken right now. Trade terminals aren't loading correctly. Sometimes they will if you wait for 10-15 minutes, but no one has time for that shit.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • When words are not enough When words are not enough x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. RRRrrr Arcane

RRRrrr
    Just play Elite Dangerous.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • No No x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Ranselknulf Arcane Patron

Ranselknulf
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
    You can't do space battles yet?

^ Top  
  13. AN4RCHID Arcane

AN4RCHID

You can. There are missions for PVE space combat with various scenarios and difficulty and bugginess. The new patch adds some capital ship battles, I haven't checked them out yet. You can try your luck with PVP bounty hunting criminal players, but it tends to be time consuming to catch someone outside of armistice zones. Or you can just pick fights with other players randomly - it's not profitable but it can be fun.

^ Top  
  14. Perkel Arcane

Perkel
    • gimme dem dolla bills gimme dem dolla bills x 2
    • hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    • incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Myobi Scholar

Myobi
    Jesus fuck, it’s like these mother fuckers keep materializing from thin air just to keep throwing even more money at this endless pit. I don’t get it.

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 2
    • "It was Aliens" "It was Aliens" x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Perkel Arcane

Perkel
    That is nothing. They DOUBLED income in 2020 year on year compared to 2019.

• gimme dem dolla bills x 2
    • hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • incline x 1
    • WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Myobi Scholar

Myobi

It’s only a matter of time till their number of backers surpasses the world population I tell you.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Fishy Learned

Fishy
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Burning Bridges Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk

Burning Bridges
    Or they are compromise without games

• Funny x 3
    • honk honk! x 2
    • Brofist x 1
    • Balanced x 1
    • :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Parsimonious cook Educated

Parsimonious cook
    I think there might be something fishy about this whole thing - like maybe the whole "game" is being used as a huge money laundering operation. Sure hope that law enforcement looked at that angle.

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Myobi Scholar

Myobi

Sounds a bit too tin foil hat. However, I wouldn’t be surprised if that data was pure bullshit.

Usually, crowdfunded projects get the highest amount of funding at start and shortly before it ends, this one keeps getting higher and higher with every year, where the hell do all these new backers keep coming from with all this money for almost a decade now…

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. RRRrrr Arcane

RRRrrr
    A retard and his money are easily parted. And Star Citizen is a magnet for retards. Like taking candy from a candy-hating baby.

• Doggy Doggy x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Alexander DeLarge Arbiter

Alexander DeLarge
    Have you guys ever considered that you know, people play the free weekends and want unlimited access to it because they're having fun and then their friends start wondering why Discord shows that they're always playing Star Citizen, hit up the free weekend rinse and repeat?

• retadred retadred x 2
    • Heresy Heresy x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Jiggy Boobles TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™ Patron

Jiggy Boobles
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Probably basement dwellers spending their coronabux cheques.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Yaar Podshipnik Arcane Patron

Yaar Podshipnik
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    UK Numbers bit hard to verify, but not impossible. You can go to https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/08703814/filing-history and start digging for all their entities. I already don't particularly like the headcount numbers. 2017 had all 318 people in Foundry 42 (then renamed Clound Imperium Games Limited), but that headcount chart lists only 317. A small discrepancy, sure, but not a good sign. For 2018 it's 338 vs 355, so most likely they are counting other UK entities. I haven't seen their 2019 stuff uploaded to CH, though I haven't dug too much - not going all Derek Smart on this. However, I would take any numbers that are published in non-regulated documents (i.e. SEC/FCA fillings, Companies House fillings, etc.) with a grain of salt. And quite likely there is some lovely accounting magic in the official docs as well.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.