Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Scam Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

ADL

Prophet
Alien week began today and there's some pretty cool ships on sale.

Why are they selling alien ships to the players? Aren't the aliens supposed to be the enemies?
After the 2947 Human-Xi’an Trade Initiative (HuXa) went into effect, the company began funding research to create spacecraft adapted to the needs of both Xi’an and Humans. It is expected to unveil the fruit of its efforts in the early 2950s.
This is the first manufacturer that signed a deal with humans like this. The others are captured ships retrofitted for human use.

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
Why are they selling alien ships to the players? Aren't the aliens supposed to be the enemies?

Going by lore the ships coming from different aliens are either converted to human use or made to accommodate both races. And they come from races that were either assimilated into UEE or are neutral to it and they are trading partner.

There are like 4 races outside of humans. Vandul are enemies, 1 is neutral and 2 are assimilated into UEE after they lost war with UEE.

ADL

Prophet
Alpha 3.14 evocati datamining revealed that they're putting in a jump point for testing that'll make travel from Hurston to Microtech much faster and easier while we're stuck in the Stanton system exclusively. It'll be removed once we start getting multiple star systems. Won't be done in time for 3.14's public release but likely to come in between 3.14 and 3.15

Also space whale plushies are for sale in the new cloud city landing zone.
unknown.png

Perkel

Arcane
Roflmao! When even the devs make fun of their own community...

It is funny. But seriously Crusader in lore is known for its whales floating in clouds. I think animals team is yet to release anything but they are definitely working on stuff, just not high priority.

Confirmed animals:
- floating like brain/jelly on huston and some earth animals on savannas
- whales on crusader clouds
- microtech kind of yeti/bear mix.

Delterius

Arcane
Have you guys ever heard about Portugal? In Lisbon there is this palace, Palace of Ajuda, for some reason reminds me a lot of Star Citizen...

A construção do Palácio Nacional da Ajuda, em Lisboa, incompleta há mais de 200 anos, ficará concluída em dezembro de 2018

"The construction of the National Palace da Ajuda, in Lisbon, as been incomplete for over 200 years, but it will be finished in Dezember of 2018."

It wasn't :D
literally called National Palace of Help Me

Palace of Help
no, the exclamation marks as in National Palace of HELP!! are implicit

also my version is better

Myobi

Liturgist
Have you guys ever heard about Portugal? In Lisbon there is this palace, Palace of Ajuda, for some reason reminds me a lot of Star Citizen...

A construção do Palácio Nacional da Ajuda, em Lisboa, incompleta há mais de 200 anos, ficará concluída em dezembro de 2018

"The construction of the National Palace da Ajuda, in Lisbon, as been incomplete for over 200 years, but it will be finished in Dezember of 2018."

It wasn't :D
literally called National Palace of Help Me

Palace of Help
no, the exclamation marks as in National Palace of HELP!! are implicit

also my version is better

Chupa-mos :(

YjQZ0s1.png

Aw yeah, see Bethesda, this is how you sell fucking blue!

Hurry up bois, its still "in stock", but we never know when they will run out of the blue.

Has any company attempted to sell a skin that says "I had $80 to spend on this"? I mean literally just these words on the model (in this case ship) to brag about how little you care about wasting your money on dumb bullshit. I feel like it could be a major seller. And there could be a $150, $300, etc version.

ADL

Prophet
People give this game's monetization a lot of shit but supposedly the only thing you'll be able to buy after the game is launched is the game itself, cosmetics and UEC on a weekly limit, which is already easy as hell to make in game by just playing the game. Compare that to other "service games" especially in the MMO genre that are buy2play and those games have loot boxes, skins, paid character slots in games that have dozens of classes and only give you 3-4 for free, "QoL purchases" such as additional bank and inventory space and level boosters in addition to features like unlimited storage for crafting materials and unlimited respec being locked behind a $15/mo subscription.

Hell, I'll take Star Citizen in it's current form over that crap.

Myobi

Liturgist
People give this game's monetization a lot of shit but supposedly the only thing you'll be able to buy after the game is launched is the game itself, cosmetics and UEC on a weekly limit, which is already easy as hell to make in game by just playing the game. Compare that to other "service games" especially in the MMO genre that are buy2play and those games have loot boxes, skins, paid character slots in games that have dozens of classes and only give you 3-4 for free, "QoL purchases" such as additional bank and inventory space and level boosters in addition to features like unlimited storage for crafting materials and unlimited respec being locked behind a $15/mo subscription.

Hell, I'll take Star Citizen in it's current form over that crap.

Yes, 27,000$ pay-2-win pack in alpha game very lot good, stonkz citizanio vry nice! much better then evil EA loot boxis steel playa walletes!

...shut the fuck up, you stupid cunt.

Perkel

Arcane
TBH, some skins in EVE are quite expensive, and don't even get me started on mtx in Path of Exile...

From what i saw most of the skins are pretty cheap in game. You just have to wait for next patch to make them buyable via in game currency. When i say cheap i mean for example for my aurora skin costs like 6k i think where single combat mission is like 5-20k

Perkel

Arcane
Someone flying over new gas giant presenting current state of their clouds tech. Clouds tech is still WIP according to CIG and will get an upgrade before 3.14 release.

Looks pretty amazing. Flying close to gas giant is one of my dreams when it comes to space games. Boring but boner for me.

Myobi

Liturgist
Will the cloud tech be adapted for the fart tech to make the NPCshitting tech more engaging?

Perkel

Arcane
huge changes to weapons coming in 3.14

- Weapons: Weapon fire rates and damage have increased dramatically. Ammo rates have been significantly reduced. Energy weapons now have limited ammo which is automatically regenerated when the weapon is not being used. Changing assignment to weapons will make energy weapon regenerate ammo faster. Throttling and overclocking is disabled for the time being (will be re-evaluated post 3.14). Manned turrets have their isolated weapon capacitor system which will regenerate weapons faster and provide a deeper pool.

Currently energy weapons have infinite ammo and it takes forever to get to the point where you overheat which makes repeaters and laser gatlings way better imho to shot than cannons and other slower ones.

Will the cloud tech be adapted for the fart tech to make the NPCshitting tech more engaging?

yes 4k 120fps VRR farting clouds

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom