Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Scam Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Is that Sandi vampire out of the picture?

I reckon she is part of the reason this game is stuck in development limbo.

Perkel

Arcane
bought myself second stick same Thrustmaster T1600 because it was on promo for around 55$ in poland. So i will be doing some dual stick action. Heard it is much better actually for space sims than HOTAS.

unknown.png

My first one has shot pivot but i bought HAL sensons and and neodymium magnes and i will be soldering and gluing stuff changing 1600 pivot from shitty contact one that craps out to contact less hal one.

Perkel

Arcane
So... almost a decade later is anything actually happening?

There was long nothing* until end of 2018 when they released Persistant Universe and shape of MMO was created. Since then every quarter they expand it adding more features and more things to do/see. New ships planets/moons, space stations, outposts etc.

Game went from unplayable due to bugs, fps and lag in 2018 to playable with playable fps, a lot less bugs, way less lag and huge improvement to stability of servers.

Current state of game is still not something new players should play or try outside of people who want to see development of game in person.

Myobi

Liturgist
By “huge improvement to stability of servers”, what you mean is that their 50 player MMO servers instead of crashing every hour now just crash time to time as long as they keep reducing the player cap even further during events and removing game content previously added, or is there more to it?

Perkel

Arcane
By “huge improvement to stability of servers”, what you mean is that their 50 player MMO servers instead of crashing every hour now just crash time to time as long as they keep reducing the player cap even further during events and removing game content previously added, or is there more to it?

By comparison:

avg fps 2018 - 10-15fps up to 20fps max (only one space station). - now around 30ish in cities and 60-80 in space
server stability 2018 - crashes pretty much every hour - when i "joined" in 2020 around one server crash every 2 hours. Now usually 7-9 hours sometimes more, now usually it is bug that takes you out of game rather than server going up in flames.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

By comparison:

avg fps 2018 - 10-15fps up to 20fps max (only one space station). - now around 30ish in cities and 60-80 in space
server stability 2018 - crashes pretty much every hour - when i "joined" in 2020 around one server crash every 2 hours. Now usually 7-9 hours sometimes more, now usually it is bug that takes you out of game rather than server going up in flames.
At this rate, my 0.5-days-per-week project will see the light of day before this game is actually "done".
I aim for the last quarter of 2037.

Myobi

Liturgist
3 years to get 30fps in a city in a server with 50 players, with a crash around every 8 hours, noice.

Can't wait to see what happens when they add the "massive multiplayer" part to it and the other 99 solar systems... that should start coming "in two weeks", according to Alexander DeLarge Brain.

AN4RCHID

Arcane

Nice episode this week. Refueling mechanics are in development and they're already a good way through building the 3rd star system Nyx. At this rate, I wonder if 4.0 won't release with all three systems.

Myobi

Liturgist
... and a forever delayed game will always be good in your dreams :D "Star Citizen already is in better condition and has more content than any other space game!" BUT, also, "stop criticizing Star Citizen problems, it's still in fucking development!", I swear, I really hope to still be alive when this fucking thing gets actually released, it will make cyberpunk overhyped mess look like nothing.

ADL

Prophet
Someone finally broke down server meshing for the plebs ITT

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom