Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Scam Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
1026552-Shigeru-Miyamoto-Quote-A-delayed-game-is-eventually-good-but-a.jpg

:smug:

Historically speaking, I can't remember a game stuck in development hell that actually turned out good in the end.

Myobi

Liturgist
Someone finally broke down server meshing for the plebs ITT

… and why the fuck are you posting it here?!? Just send that shit to CiG for fucks sake! They have been at it for about a decade now, and the entire fucking project is riding on it!

Bloody hell, finally they can stop removing content to convince the current servers to not commit seppuku, thanks Alexander DeLarge Sheep, once again you saved the day, bravo!

I too am tempted to test this clusterfuck
Try it and confirm for yourself how awful, janky and unplayable Scam Citizen is.

Just install it to an SSD. That is mandatory. Most of the major glitches happen because the data is streaming in too slow from a hard drive. SSDs eliminate this.

ADL

Prophet
32GB memory is mandatory too.
Anyone who tells you 16GB is enough for anything in TYOOL 2021 is an idiot whose opinions should be discarded entirely.

AN4RCHID

Arcane
I usually sit at around 14GB memory while playing, but I close all my other programs to be safe. You will definitely have a bad time if you dip into the page file.

After that the performance will depend mostly on the CPU. Just leave graphics quality at very high - unless you have a potato graphics card it won't help your frames to lower the quality settings. Only exception being the volumetric cloud quality, which I leave on medium.

Perkel

Arcane
Go try together and end up trying to play together for next 2 hours because some of you can't make party properly due to bugs or voica chat doesn't work due to bug. Then go together on a journey where one of you tries to load something into other ship and whole thing blows up.

Star Citizen try it.

Perkel

Arcane
Myobi

Free fly week starts today. They are yet to announce hour because they are preparing patch to go live before it.

Drakron

Arcane

Well thats a expected cycle of online games now, a problem with whales is they want to T-Pose to assert dominance but that is impossible when everyone around then is also T-Posing ... they need the filthy "F2P" scum so they can show off their wealth. Plus allowing such system into the game economy just gives a lot of players adding to the competition so whales are more ... interested into paying for shortcuts and yes, its just a "limited" demo but I think the original plan was Squadron 24 that along with the persistent universe made Star Citizen but now I think Squadron 24 is likely going to be a stand-alone and he pretty much gotten everyone that was going to B2P anyway, I am not going to say its going to be launched as F2P ... no, that will happen only when playerbase declines and certain milestones will fail to be reached, then it will happen or the game will simply frizzle and dies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom