Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Scam Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

Myobi

Liturgist
3 hours was my limit… here how it went:

5 minute loading (using an SSD)

Spawned in the pink weeb planet.

Couldn’t find a fucking map.

Tried to interact with NPCs to find a way out. No luck.

Asked in chat: “how the hell do I get out of this bloody place”

Mofo replies: “how is anyone supposed to know where you are?”

Apparently, the chat isn’t local. I reply back:

“I’m in some sort of weeb town, pink as hell.”

He answers back: “ok.”

The chat didn’t seem like much help, so I started running around looking for the way out.

I find a space ship rental place, finally! My ticket out! …. Nope.

I still don’t know where the fucking thing spawns at, so I kept looking.

Found the hangar, hurray! It’s empty.

Start looking for a way to summon a space ship inside it, nothing.

Try to go my way back from the hangar trough the elevator, felt trough the floor.

10 minutes falling, wasn’t dying...

Tried the chat again.

The “ok” guy starts giving me shit for it, that I was just fucking complaining, should just shut the fuck up and leave the game.

“ok” guy starts getting shit from others for “gatekeeping” ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It’s like a Mexican novela at this point.

Then the guys that gave him shit came to give me a hand and showed me how to get into my space ship.

* took a launch break *

Spawned back at the hotel room, fuck me.

Ran all the way back again, got inside my space ship, flew off!

Clearly, I needed a way to boost myself off the planet, just using my thrusters was taking forever…

Couldn’t find the how, I did however accidentally found the eject button…

... the shitty ass frame rate started giving me an headache so I gave up.

I get it, still alpha, or pre-alpha, or whatever, lots of issues, and honestly I just don’t have the patience to deal with that sort of shit, ignoring all that, it’s just too much shit, it feels huge but so fucking empty, a true nightmare for anyone new to it, its really easily to just give up soon after starting, thankfully most of the community seems pretty friendly, and will help you out if you ask, unless you get someone like “mr ok man”, which I guess it’s one of those you usually see on forums defending the damn thing from every little bit of criticism thrown at it, an elitist utter fuckin moron, that honestly just gives the rest of the community a bad reputation… that said, I’ll just stick to the most generic shit ever, and say “it has potential”, I just have no faith on Chris Roberts to deliver it, his more the kind of person to lock on a basement, feed him once a day, and milk him of his crazy silly ideas…

TL;DR: Give it another decade of development.

PS: Oh fuck, the player animations.... top stuff right there.

Codex Year of the Donut
It has the most unintuitive controls of any modern game I've played, it took me minutes to figure out just how to stand up and interact with things.

Myobi

Liturgist
Also, don't want you guys to think I'm shitting you guys, so...

Turned off my mic sound, but still get the sound of others on discord, so sorry about that.

sc1.jpg

ADL

Prophet
Boring couple months until Citizencon in October.
SCLeaks said:
CIG has been doing pretty decent about informing people on what's coming up surprise wise. There's some specifics yet uncovered/unconfirmed but they're not really worth covering as a whole big reveal/going to be revealed more properly within the next weeks. The only big thing on the leak plate is Citizencon, which while we have a decent idea on the main stage/some of the outer presentations, it's not really worth spoiling without having the bigger picture. It'll be something for the next month rather than the current.

Consider this as a late announcement to a hiatus or something if that satisfies some of the "Where leaks" DMs I get. We'll get back into proper gear when 3.15 enters Evo proper within the next 3 weeks. Best not to expect any large surprises for it to kind of sum up what I've heard. To kind of sum up the future aka Citizencon: Expect to see more than 2 new systems (not in the main demo but in general), a timeline for Pyro/4.0 that'll probably get broken, and a general spreading out of large hitting news than a focus on a jaw-dropping stinger like Pyro.

Myobi

Liturgist
I'm still laughing at the fact that I wasted 3 hours on the damn thing and couldn't even leave the fucking planet.

Meanwhile still got shit from one of those fanatic cunts for "doing nothing but complaining" because I dared to use the chat to ask for help since the game is just fucked, $400m, 10 years, multiple elevator panel updates and I have to spend 15 fucking minutes looking for a way to just kill myself because the bloody thing just randomly throws me to the void.

AN4RCHID

Arcane
Finally got a chance to try once of their "dynamic events" last night. This one is "Xenothreat" - basically a group of based and redpilled militants from a neighboring star system have invaded Stanton and launched an assault on the UEE Naval base near Microtech. From a gameplay standpoint, after accepting the mission you will be asked to rendezvous at the base, and then given various tasks to help the Navy repel the attackers, either fighting off enemy ships, defending supply ships, or travelling to destroyed supply ships, loading up all the cargo and completing the shipment.

Once I found a server that was running properly, it was pretty fun. Most of the server population must have been participating and there were some epic capital ship battles. On the down side, my frames started really dragging with a couple dozen ships flying around. The supply running portion of the event was a promising look ahead at cargo/piracy gameplay, as all the supplies are loose boxes that have to be manually loaded onto your ship. Unfortunately, CIG's refusal to pay reasonable rewards for cargo is in full force here - I made about 1700 credits with my Cutlass loaded with every quantum sensetive box from one of the wrecked supply ships. Loading alone took 5 - 10 minutes, then since I couldn't quantum travel I had a 10+ minute flight with conventional engines back to the base. That payout barely covered the fuel. Regardless, it was fun coordinating with other players to get the different types of supplies sorted, loaded and delivered. The mission also pays out pretty well separate from the cargo, and earns rep with the Civillian Defense Force and unlocks some sort of CDF branded spacesuit, so there is some reward/progression built in.

The whole event highlights how much more fun the game can be when you get a lot of players together working on a common objective, and how it's held back by the player cap. It was a little too scripted for my tastes as it plays out in more or less predictable "phases". CIG still can't seem to roll these things out without the first day being a clusterfuck, but it was working pretty smoothly the second day.

Myobi

Liturgist
Loading alone took 5 - 10 minutes, then since I couldn't quantum travel I had a 10+ minute flight with conventional engines back to the base.

Bore Citizen, it usually breaks on it own, but when it works, you just wish it didn't.

Codex Year of the Donut
I'm still laughing at the fact that I wasted 3 hours on the damn thing and couldn't even leave the fucking planet.

Meanwhile still got shit from one of those fanatic cunts for "doing nothing but complaining" because I dared to use the chat to ask for help since the game is just fucked, $400m, 10 years, multiple elevator panel updates and I have to spend 15 fucking minutes looking for a way to just kill myself because the bloody thing just randomly throws me to the void.
Unless you're one of the cultists the game is basically unplayable.
Pretty sure it was designed by someone who never actually played a videogame before in their life.

Myobi

Liturgist

Unless you're one of the cultists the game is basically unplayable.
Pretty sure it was designed by someone who never actually played a videogame before in their life.

Its full of clutter for the "mah realism sake" n "its just like real life but in space!", loading crates for 10 fucking minutes just for a delivery mission... Imagine once the NPC shitting tech gets implement and you have to wait 20min for a quest npc to finish laying a brick to move the fuck on.

So is PC gaming saved or what?

I think the overpriced ship gifs in this game have largely the same value structure as a hunter biden painting. So maybe Croberts is a secret money laundering genius (Probably not though).

Myobi

Liturgist
xenothreat is such a clusterfuck. buggy and confusing. its not even fun at all. im not even sure why im doing it.

Roflmao, have you guys ever heard about a YouTuber by the name of BlackMaze? Of course not, no one really has…. The dude used to make ED content, was getting a couple hundred views per video, barely any comments if any at all, so with the Odyssey shitty ass release, he switches to SC, goes over their reddit page and starts posting them up, “the ex-Elite CMDR who finally found the light!”, the bait was laid, and they loved it, eat it up and even spread it around like an over-glorified STD, BAM! In just one month his videos went from 1 dollar to 100 in worth.

Apparently it ain’t just Chris filling the pockets with this extremely gullible community, the dude is a genius and I’m just sad that the idea never even crossed my mind.

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
This is where 400mln went:

Nice shader but its not that impressive when you realise its just repeating UVs with a multiply blend. Patterns are great for game engines because they allow us to fake detail you can go to extreme complexity by simply upping the UV tiling the issue is going to be with shimmering once you get too high detail. I'll be quiet now lol.

Myobi

Liturgist
The Advertising Standards Authority has told Star Citizen developer Cloud Imperium Games to make it clearer that for sale "concept ships" are not yet available in the game.

:positive:

Edited: It gets better...

asas.jpg

What?!? You think you would actually get something for paying a 100s-1000s of dollars for a "microtransaction"?! You fucking idiot! Don't you know the game is in development! FOOL!

Last edited:

Myobi

Liturgist
To summarize, the Core Gameplay teams (Actor Feature, Actor Tech, Weapon Feature, Weapon Content) are shifting their focus to delivering their features for Squadron 42 first, before they are then released to the Persistent Universe. This has a two-fold benefit: Squadron 42 will benefit greatly from the additional resources, and the Persistent Universe will see features in a more complete state.

Due to the aforementioned changes in release strategy, these features will require additional time from the Persistent Universe teams to implement."

Moved to 3.18:

FPS Radar & Scanning

Actor Feature – EVA T2

Hacking – Tech

Zero G Push & Pull

Removed Temporarily in order to reschedule:

Cutting T2

Weapon Charge/Drain T0 – Tech

Thank fucking god they ain't delaying my elevator panels tech updates!

Wait so... are they really trying to put the DEATH STAR into scam citizen? Croberts is no genius but even he's gotta realize blatant copyright infringement against disney is not a great idea.

Myobi

Liturgist
Wait so... are they really trying to put the DEATH STAR into scam citizen? Croberts is no genius but even he's gotta realize blatant copyright infringement against disney is not a great idea.

Yes, and they are actually going to sell it for 99,999,999$... you didn't watch the dumbass video, did you?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom