Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Scam Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

ADL

Prophet
The only exploit here is being able to do this shit in Grim Hex which is supposed to be an armistice zone. Not that I'd be opposed to it being allowed in armistice zones eventually. AI in the landing zones needs to be significantly improved and players should be able to report illegal activity using their mobiglass or something. The opportunities this creates for stealth gameplay, being able to make someone overdose on morphine and abduct them or drag their unconscious body into a dark corner and steal the clothes off their backs is fucking awesome and I hope they expand on this as a viable gameplay option within missions.

Perhaps this is a viable non-lethal playstyle to disguise yourself in their clothes using forged biometric data and get access to places you'd otherwise have to shoot your way through.

Last edited:

AN4RCHID

Arcane
The only exploit here is being able to do this shit in Grim Hex which is supposed to be an armistice zone.
IIRC Grim Hex is the only armistice zone to allow hand to hand combat, so it's already kind of a pseudo-armistice zone. Way back in the day you could just have gunfights in there.

It is recognized as PVP if you kill another player via overdose, you get a criminal rating and if there are guards around they'll kill you.
as PvP isn’t allowed in these “armistice zones”, but healing with syringes is.
It only becomes PVP after they die :)

Stokowski

Arcane
pro-tip:
the more you attempt to protect people from hurting themselves, the less likely they'll be to learn an important lesson
Press "F" to pay respects to baby Rusty Jnr., who passed while crawling across a busy highway. We pray he learned his lesson in heaven.

Perkel

Arcane

Kind of and kind of not.

Armistice zones are basically band aid for lack of "death of a spaceman" implementation.

Like someone said someone who OD you get murder charge and gets to fight with police force on planet. So it is actually closer to final SC than armstice zone is. The law system already works but it lacks proper consequences part which is what "death of a spaceman" is.

If you die fighting police right now you literally go to Klesher prison for X amount of time depending on charges. If you accumulate enough charges you can literally go to prison for real world days. In theory you can run away from prison but it requires outside help.

What "death of a spaceman" introduces is actual asset loss. As in you die and your "kin" gets inheritence minus tax. So dying few time si a row would probably reduce your total assets by half if not more depending on final implementation. Moreover people who died because they were pirates wil get doubly fucked.

So with both short therm (prison system) and long therm (asset loss) you can have both open cities that allow shoot anyone you want and lack of gamy griefing which is the problem instead of proper piracy.

Last edited:

Morblot

Aberrant Member | Star Trek V Apologist
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
The opportunities this creates for stealth gameplay, being able to make someone overdose on morphine and abduct them or drag their unconscious body into a dark corner and steal the clothes off their backs is fucking awesome and I hope they expand on this as a viable gameplay option within missions.

...wait, wasn't this game supposed to be about flying around in space shooting at bad guys with Mark Hamill and Gillian Anderson?

Myobi

Liturgist
you can literally go to prison for real world days.

Sounds like a fun feature.

...wait, wasn't this game supposed to be about flying around in space shooting at bad guys with Mark Hamill and Gillian Anderson?

That was before they notice the amount of cash they can make by not finishing the damn thing

Now, let's just say that Steam wouldn't have enough TAGs to describe the fucking game, it's everything, space sim mmo waifu dating crafting zombie survival farming indie.....

ADL

Prophet
It's more about the lives of people who fly spaceships than the spaceships themselves. It's an immersive sim and in depth medical gameplay ACE Mod style is a pretty big part of that.

This but unironically. Some of the best gameplay in Face of Mankind took place during prison sentences, forced manual labor being part of the supply chains, jail breaks, corrupt prison guards smuggling shit in and playing the prison economy.

It's more about the lives of people who fly spaceships than the spaceships themselves. It's an immersive sim and in depth medical gameplay ACE Mod style is a pretty big part of that.

This but unironically. Some of the best gameplay in Face of Mankind took place during prison sentences, forced manual labor being part of the supply chains, jail breaks, corrupt prison guards smuggling shit in and playing the prison economy.
It's pretty funny seeing the findom weirdos post their desperate takes on why the game being even shittier than they imagined is actually a good thing. "Ackshually it's supposed to suck and not be fun, just like flying a spaceship in real life!"

ADL

Prophet
Don't want to spend your time in prison? Don't break the law in a sci-fi life simulator.
Prison sentences, fines, insurance policies and the death of a spaceman mechanics will keep players from doing dumb shit.

Don't want to spend your time in prison? Don't break the law in a sci-fi life simulator.
Prison sentences, fines, insurance policies and the death of a spaceman mechanics will keep players from doing dumb shit.
The lack of a game will keep players from doing anything.

Lol if you think cig is gonna lock their whales out of the game for even minutes at a time, nobody wants to go to video game jail, you're going to have to find another way to live out your Auschwitz guard fantasies.

Codex Year of the Donut

ADL

Prophet

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This thread has really gone downhill. It used to be full of people shaking their heads and mocking this debacle, but now it seems to have multiple users who have willingly become scam citizens. And not just the one token fanboy, like every thread has.

What happened?
I've been a proud star citizen since 2012. Now they've amassed only 392 million more money after I put in my pledge, so I guess they have that going for them. I have never had any doubts about their capability as devs to collect money money and run.

3SsJ3Os.gif

Myobi

Liturgist
the only reason prison would be a bad thing is if it's not implemented correctly

riots/prison breaks would be fun

Yeah, lot of people say the same about communism.

It might even feel fun for the first couple of times, then it will become a chore that you need to go through to avoid dealing with a gigantic ass cooldown on playing the fucking game, for playing the fucking game… its dumb, like many other features that keep throwing at the game just for “mah realism” sake.

…. Like NPCs having to take a shit, it’s fun, till you need to wait 20 minutes to deliver a fucking quest because it turns out that Little Jimmy was lactose intolerant.

This but unironically.

Please, stop using my posts to spread your retarded opinion.

It makes me feel disgusted and violated.

Every time someone mentions the amount of cash this project keeps getting people go crazy, “how is it even possible?!” they ask, and if this that post doesn’t clear it up, I don’t know what will.

This thread has really gone downhill. It used to be full of people shaking their heads and mocking this debacle, but now it seems to have multiple users who have willingly become scam citizens. And not just the one token fanboy, like every thread has.

What happened?

It’s like a fucking virus, its spreading. Once you get bitten and it’s GG, you’ll be drooling over your keyboard worshiping the damn thing over internet forums, using all your disability allowance to buy papa Chris a new Yacht by buying his pretty JPGs and rating every post that hurts your fee fee’s a “butthurt”.

These people need to be studied in a lab, promised a cure and then thrown into concentration camps before its to late.

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut
It might even feel fun for the first couple of times, then it will become a chore that you need to go trough to avoid dealing with a gigantic ass cooldown on playing the fucking game, for playing the fucking game… its dumb, like many other features that keep throwing at the game just for “mah realism” sake.

Perkel

Arcane
It might even feel fun for the first couple of times, then it will become a chore that you need to go trough to avoid dealing with a gigantic ass cooldown on playing the fucking game, for playing the fucking game… its dumb, like many other features that keep throwing at the game just for “mah realism” sake.

…. Like NPCs having to take a shit, it’s fun, till you need to wait 20 minutes to deliver a fucking quest because it turns out that Little Jimmy was lactose intolerant.

SC has many faults right now but implementing law system isn't one of them. And it is not actually a cooldown. You are actually in prison and you can do stuff in it. Like mining rocks to reduce sentence, break out if there is someone who can help you.

Moreover since it is one location for whole system it means all people who brake law go there. So it is also a kind of way to socialize and find pirates to play with. Moreover as systems come online and armstice zones will be completely removed stuff like extorsions will allow for example to create smuggling to prison, gang creation, work extorsion, prison breakout etc.

And underlying it all is that you are there because you broke the law. Don't break law and you won't get there. Piracy without risk and reward isn't fun.

Myobi

Liturgist
It might even feel fun for the first couple of times, then it will become a chore that you need to go through to avoid dealing with a gigantic ass cooldown on playing the fucking game, for playing the fucking game… its dumb, like many other features that keep throwing at the game just for “mah realism” sake.

SC has many faults right now but implementing law system isn't one of them. And it is not actually a cooldown. You are actually in prison and you can do stuff in it. Like mining rocks to reduce sentence, break out if there is someone who can help you.

“it is not actually a cooldown”, because you can do “stuff”, “chores”, that will reduce that silly sentence countdown… hummm, ok, again, dude, I guess it might sound great on paper, but until I see it live, I do have my doubts.

[TRADE CHANNEL] xXxpussyslayer69xXx: WTB prison break pls!

YouTube: “how to escape the Riften jail!”.

Codex Year of the Donut

“it is not actually a cooldown”, because you can do “stuff”, “chores”, that will reduce that silly sentence countdown… hummm, ok, again, dude, I guess it might sound great on paper, but until I see it live, I do have my doubts.

there's literally nothing wrong with your actions having consequences

Myobi

Liturgist

“I think this system will be boring and redundant.”

“… so what you are saying is that actions shouldn’t have consequences?!”

I’m actually surprised you aren’t a backer, you seem to fit the profile perfectly.

Codex Year of the Donut

“I think this system will be boring and redundant.”

“… so what you are saying is that actions shouldn’t have consequences?!”

I’m actually surprised you aren’t a backer, you seem to fit the profile perfectly.
if you don't like the consequences then stop doing things that cause them
are you a woman?

AN4RCHID

Arcane

It's been in the game for over a year...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom