Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Wars Star Wars is no longer EA exclusive!

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Now that Disney has allowed Star Wars games to be made and published by studios other than Electronic Arts, what studio do you want to see have a crack at it, and what genre do you want SW to explore?

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Star Wars Republic Commando Tactics: lead your group of clone commandos through the battles of Clone War!
This could be tied with the recent Mandalore TV show, plot wise. Or you could straight up play as mandalorian vets and wage space jihad on the jedi.

OctavianRomulus

Learned
Fallen Order was really really good and I've heard good things about Squadron but I am excited for some new blood. Maybe that's why these games were so good, they were afraid of losing exclusivity. Looks like it was too late.

Would really love an XCOM style Star Wars game.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Would really love an XCOM style Star Wars game.
You are a high ranking commander in the Imperial army, but you showed a bit too much compassion towards the enemy. As punishment you are sent to some far corner of the empire, to be satrap there. You meet some local bureaucrat who shows you the ropes. You build up your base, train up a force, send it to quench rebellions and raid resistance movements. You get events here and there that define what sort of a guy you are, and what side of the barricades you want to end up on. The combat is basically XCOM, with an emphasis on disposable cloned soldiers, but also training up an elite force that gets better with ability unlocks and gear research. Fighting is done in various buildings, ambushes, defending your base, just like the nu-XCOM games. The main plot is about discovering who the spy is, and it turns out that its your new mentor, your right hand man who greeted you when you first arrived here. The final mission is either you leading the resistance to defend against an imperial squad and declare independence in teh area, or you leading the imperial offensive to completely destroy and occupy that world.

Made by Larian in the Divinity engine.

Ocelot

Learned
More Republic Commando-styled games.

I'd like an Imperial Commando FPS story that isn't focused around the cliché of Imperials siding with the Rebels after a misfortunate event. It could take place during the Empire's reign, with the squad completing assignments across the galaxy, just like in RC. Doesn't have to be a story centered around the Jedi, although a mission about hunting down a Jedi during the purge could be interesting.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Now that Disney has allowed Star Wars games to be made and published by studios other than Electronic Arts, what studio do you want to see have a crack at it, and what genre do you want SW to explore?
I was recently wondering if Obsidian being bought by MS and adopting Unreal tech for a small scale game doesn't mean we may soon see them working on the SW franchise.

The current... profile of their writing department also makes them more compatible with Disney's tone :lol:

Hellraiser

Arcane
Space strategy tactics, or even fighter squadron tactics as mentioned in the other topic. I just hope they are whoring out the IP gamesworkshop style, so that smaller devs also have a shot. I mean FFS, Disney has 0 standards in whoring out the IP to things such as showerhead manufacturers, why fuck over indies making niche genres like wargames?

X-Com clone would work better with rebels, since they steal tech and need to act more cover allowing for a better more x-com like strategic layer with research or reverse engineering. No point in imperials doing that typical x-com stuff apart from interrogations and kidnapping.

Could send squads of commandos or riff-raff rogues to enemy installations all around the galaxy or a backwater system. If they could be more ballsy they could allow rebels to do ethically questionable actions for the cause (Endor holocaust aside) affecting popular support around the galaxy or engage in propaganda.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
I'd like an Imperial Commando FPS story that isn't focused around the cliché of Imperials siding with the Rebels after a misfortunate event.
Battlefront II SP campaign is something like that. I especially liked the quote after one of the first missions: "we did all the hard work, but those scummy jedis claimed it for themselves"

samuraigaiden

Arcane
RPG Wokedex
I'd like a business simulator where you play as Disney and your objective is to milk this shitty franchise as much as possible before people stop caring.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
My dream is a turn based Mandalorian RPG, like a high budget take at Underrail or Fallout 1/2. Hundreds of guns and armor types for your personal Bounty Hunter and AP based combat.

My slightly less impossible dream is Battle Brothers Star Wars Edition: Play a small division of either Imperials/Rebels/Outlaws, fight turn based tactical combat with them and roam the Galaxy and gather credits and power. Get your Star Brothers killed and replace them to make a powerfull special ops unit.

My only somewhat realistic (lol) dream is KotOR 3.

So I will probably get none of the things I want, since market research shows that Ubisoft Action RPG is the most profitable genre. But I can dream I guess.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
Mine are all thoroughly buried, but whatever the hell 1313 was going to be. A bounty-hunting ARPG/Immersive Sim set against a planetary under-city steeped high in crime fiction and lawlessness. Imperial Commando would also have been nice, swap clones with über death/shadow/kill/whatever troopers and crack down on the budding rebellion and other alien scum.

But for something that's not impossible, a Jedi Academy clone with bigger graphix set in that silly High Republic setting they're messing with.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom