Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Remake from Saber Interactive

Ghulgothas

Arcane
Looks like the Switch is getting into some KOTOR action too...

If it's getting made presentable for the Switch, then there's a chance that a Compatability/Overhaul patch akin to the one made for Steam KOTORII is in the works.

Hopefully.

Grimlorn

Arcane
He does say something to the effect that he believes it was the will of the Force that he find Anakin. What this actually means is never really explained just like the prophecy angle is fairly murky. My point is that there's a big difference between "the Jedi philosophy doesn't get it quite right" and "the Force actively sabotages the Jedi and Sith for its own purposes" as it seems you're suggesting, which is not an idea that's really supported anywhere except for maybe Kreia's own resentful attitude towards the Force.
I don't think the force necessarily has a purpose. However I decided to look it up and no Qui Gon states there is a will of the Force in the infamous Midichlorians scene.

Will suggests a consciousness and/or intention which is why I was merely speculating that it plays a role in the falls of both Jedi and Sith. With the false visions being fed to Anakin or even the Emperor seems to suggest this is true to an extent. If the Jedi way was the way the Force would never fail to warn them in advance of a Sith or fallen Jedi threat. But like I said before they are just poor excuses there for plot convenience and to tell similar stories over and over.

Looks like the Switch is getting into some KOTOR action too...

If it's getting made presentable for the Switch, then there's a chance that a Compatability/Overhaul patch akin to the one made for Steam KOTORII is in the works.

Hopefully.

Hopefully not whatever version (Android port?) they're using in this video. It's got some weird sharpening going on on all the textures.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
damn, that ending in the star forge... Wave after wave of crappy enemies, it seemed to go on forever, what a slog.

It would have. They literally spawn endlessly.

And to top this with first class annoyance, the final boss pulls an Aec'Letec on you.

It's not as if you don't have any means to deal with that. Just give in to the Dark Side.

Jonathan "Zee Nekomimi

Hoarder of loli kats./ Funny ^._.^= ∫
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
He does say something to the effect that he believes it was the will of the Force that he find Anakin. What this actually means is never really explained just like the prophecy angle is fairly murky. My point is that there's a big difference between "the Jedi philosophy doesn't get it quite right" and "the Force actively sabotages the Jedi and Sith for its own purposes" as it seems you're suggesting, which is not an idea that's really supported anywhere except for maybe Kreia's own resentful attitude towards the Force.
I don't think the force necessarily has a purpose. However I decided to look it up and no Qui Gon states there is a will of the Force in the infamous Midichlorians scene.

Will suggests a consciousness and/or intention which is why I was merely speculating that it plays a role in the falls of both Jedi and Sith. With the false visions being fed to Anakin or even the Emperor seems to suggest this is true to an extent. If the Jedi way was the way the Force would never fail to warn them in advance of a Sith or fallen Jedi threat. But like I said before they are just poor excuses there for plot convenience and to tell similar stories over and over.

read the book about plagueis, stuff in that movie will make more sense.

Zibniyat

Arcane

And to top this with first class annoyance, the final boss pulls an Aec'Letec on you.

It's not as if you don't have any means to deal with that. Just give in to the Dark Side.

Huh? With Force Speed or whatever it's called it's easy to run away from him, then proceed to destroy the undead Jedi by Force Lightning. After the Jedi are gone, it's 1 on 1 battle. Is this what you mean by Dark Side, using Lightning?

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

Huh? With Force Speed or whatever it's called it's easy to run away from him, then proceed to destroy the undead Jedi by Force Lightning. After the Jedi are gone, it's 1 on 1 battle. Is this what you mean by Dark Side, using Lightning?

Life Drain is my power of choice, but yes, exactly that.

Learned
Heh, wondering if they'll fix this cutscene. Malak's bare face is supposed to be some sort of a jumpscare when he turns, but the widescreen fix makes you see it too soon.

mkultra

Augur
Heh, wondering if they'll fix this cutscene. Malak's bare face is supposed to be some sort of a jumpscare when he turns, but the widescreen fix makes you see it too soon.

depends on what version you mean since the thread is now also about the Switch version it seems (should be another thread since it's not related to this remake). In the remake everything is made from scratch so yeah it'll be something else entirely.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
746 699 people, apparently.
I often wonder how YT count views on super long videos like that one. Is there really three quarter million people insane/bored/autistic enough to watch a 12h piece on an old video game? Or does YT add a view after a user spend a arbitrary amount of time watching (or just watch a few ads)? Or YT counts the time each user spent on the video as partial view (so someone watching half the video would count for half a view)? ...

746 699 people, apparently.
I often wonder how YT count views on super long videos like that one. Is there really three quarter million people insane/bored/autistic enough to watch a 12h piece on an old video game? Or does YT add a view after a user spend a arbitrary amount of time watching (or just watch a few ads)? Or YT counts the time each user spent on the video as partial view (so someone watching half the video would count for half a view)? ...

According to the author, the video has titled sections that let people jump around to the bits they're interested in. Not meant to be consumed in one sitting, but why he decided to do it all in one go rather than actually breaking it up is beyond me.

Views = clicks. Somebody plays the video = a view.

Edit: Actually now that I think of it, it's not beyond me. Clearly it's for the infamy of having a 12 hour video essay. That alone is novel enough to pique the morbid curiosity of many people. Breaking it up would just be 10 more videos lost in the algorithmic shuffle after the initial promotion dies.

Last edited:
Unwanted
Dumbfuck
I'm amazed that people had some small amount of hope of the game being good. The western industry started the decline after Doom was huge and suits saw that video games was not just some niche for nerds, the second decline came when ((they)) saw most kids and teenagers played video games, making the industry the best propaganda machine for the globo homo.

Make your own games or come to the jrpg sub-forum white straight man, your choice.

His Dudeness

Augur
I don't get it, the original wasn't even that good. Why remake it?

Codexers were young and stupid when playing it and now they are old and stupid and make 5h videos about "Kreia ideology" LOLz

I see your 5 hour video on Kreia's Ideology...

And raise you a 12 hour retrospective of Oblivion. May God have mercy us all.

At this point just play the fucking game, holy shit, 12 hours of doltish diatribe.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Codexers were young and stupid when playing it and now they are old and stupid and make 5h videos about "Kreia ideology" LOLz

I see your 5 hour video on Kreia's Ideology...

And raise you a 12 hour retrospective of Oblivion. May God have mercy us all.

Thats a great video, I enjoyed listening to it and I recommend it for a background noise while playing certain games.

Thats a great video, I enjoyed listening to it and I recommend it for a background noise while playing certain games.

From the hour or so I watched, it seemed just fine.
I just found it funny that we were complaining about 2 hour long philosophy videos, subject matter that takes a while to explain properly at the best of times anyway, when something like this exists.

I am honestly impressed at the ability to talk about something for 12 straight hours. If I were to give a very detailed account on my life, with tangents and rants on any topic, even if it's just barely related and I had a month to prepare for my speech I still would be surprised If I manage to talk for more than max 5 hours.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I am honestly impressed at the ability to talk about something for 12 straight hours. If I were to give a very detailed account on my life, with tangents and rants on any topic, even if it's just barely related and I had a month to prepare for my speech I still would be surprised If I manage to talk for more than max 5 hours.

Quality > Quantity

Some people have a gift for using a lot of words and time to say nothing. So I agree with you, but only if the time is well used and the material is substantial. Otherwise, I'd just recommend doing a proper editing pass and trying again.

"If I had more time, I would have written a shorter letter."

Quality > Quantity

Some people have a gift for using a lot of words and time to say nothing. So I agree with you, but only if the time is well used and the material is substantial. Otherwise, I'd just recommend doing a proper editing pass and trying again.

"If I had more time, I would have written a shorter letter."

I agree when talking about essays, but in real life quality often trumps quantity. In social situations the ability to talk for 12 hours without problems, even if the talk is not the best, is like being a superman on the battlefield. It's the I win button.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom