Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Wars Star Wars: Squadrons - space dogfight sim set after Return of the Jedi

Endemic

Arcane
Last edited by a moderator:

Gregz

Arcane
Anything pozzed with nu Star Wars is garbage.

I'll be the last to play it if it's actually decent (true to the original trilogy).

Until then I can always go back to TIE Figher, X-Wing, etc.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Gonna be filled with lootboxes, just check the pre-order offer:

• New Republic Recruit Flight Suit (Epic)
  • Imperial Ace Flight Suit (Epic)
  • New Republic Recruit Starfighter Skins (Rare)
  • Imperial Ace Starfighter Skins (Rare)
  • New Republic Recruit Decal (Common)
  • Imperial Ace Decal (Common)

Notice something?
Describing how "rare" these drops will be...

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Well fwiw: https://news.ea.com/press-release/e...ounce-star-wars-squadrons-available-october-2

Star Wars: Squadrons will offer rich cosmetic and gameplay customization options with rewards and bonuses that are earned solely through gameplay. As players move up the ranks, they’ll earn components such as weapons, hulls, engines and shields to customize the performance of their starfighters; and gain cosmetic items to customize their cockpit, ship exteriors, and appearance of their pilot.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Pre-order STAR WARS™: Squadrons to get the New Republic Recruit and Imperial Ace cosmetic items!

Imagine this being the very first sentence in your game's Steam description. They're not even trying.

Dexter

Arcane
ss_acca79eaec11f1e1130b5b2f873d18394f8ee149.jpg

ss_8299a3162fefd5855aa0786c74172e498978b8f8.jpg

:prosper:

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
Well fwiw: https://news.ea.com/press-release/e...ounce-star-wars-squadrons-available-october-2

Star Wars: Squadrons will offer rich cosmetic and gameplay customization options with rewards and bonuses that are earned solely through gameplay. As players move up the ranks, they’ll earn components such as weapons, hulls, engines and shields to customize the performance of their starfighters; and gain cosmetic items to customize their cockpit, ship exteriors, and appearance of their pilot.
Addiction game mechanics - gotta play because you want to unlock this or that item, no thanks for this crap.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
You said "looks like trash." Also EA just gave us the pretty darn good Jedi Fallen Order. Just say "it has teh womynz and teh blackz in it!" and get it over with.

Barking at the wrong tree here, Morgoth is a cynical old man, not a racist. Unlike certain other individuals in this thread.

While EA might chirp about no microtransactions here the preorders https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/star-wars-squadrons/home show different rarities in skins which is a surefire sign for lootboxes.

wahrk

Learned
I wish I could be interested, but this is just another game that should have been made 10 years ago before Disney and EA got their slimy hands all over the franchise.

Last edited:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Barking at the wrong tree here, Morgoth is a cynical old man, not a racist. Unlike certain other individuals in this thread.

I'm just trying to point out that someone saying a game looks like trash when they haven't seen one second of said game kind of makes them look like a reactionary idiot.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom