Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Star Wars Star Wars: Squadrons - space dogfight sim set after Return of the Jedi

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Endemic, Jun 12, 2020.

1. RobotSquirrel Learned

RobotSquirrel
    The Impressions people are getting from EA's attitudes towards post-release support suggests the game is a flop. I suspected it would under perform because its being compared to Battlefront but with a much narrower feature set. The normies didn't get it and the purist fans didn't see a point either as the fan community was able to build better versions before it even came out.

Tbh they should've just hired the fans to remaster the original games and sell them minus the need for a joystick. I would've bought that with the money I now need to spend to buy a joystick to play the new mod lol.

• incline incline x 2
    ^ Top  
  2. lightbane Arcane

lightbane
    It seems to be the case. The Mandalorian show (surprisingly good, compared to the movies), also has a black guy as an Empire officer, which was hilarious. Not bad for a supposed stand-in for the German Army.

^ Top  
  3. Twiglard Arcane Sad Loser

Twiglard
    This dataracer guy is based and redpilled from looking at his other tweets.

I'm butthurt about any Codexer that bought an SJW EA game.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • honk honk! honk honk! x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. DalekFlay Arcane Patron

DalekFlay
    I guess they're going the race-blind route, which is odd since modern Lefties so closely identify race and culture and treat them as the same thing. Disney stuck in a 90's liberal mindset.

• Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  5. The Empire isn’t racist, it is species-ist.

There shouldn’t be aliens as Imperial officers or Stormtroopers.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Yes Yes x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Makes you think... Makes you think... x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. kain30 Arbiter

kain30

Please, copy your post on retardera and other woke people forums! I want to enjoy the shitstorm!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. kris Arcane

kris
    There isn't anything clear about this in the movies and I dont even remember anything from the books. that they look down on non-humans seems clear, but that they should accept women and non-whites is not clear.

^ Top  
  8. Siveon Bot

Siveon
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    It was made clear in the video games, Kotor 2 in particular was big on that plot point. The also touch on it in the Star Wars Rebels show.

It depends on the lead writer but I think generally they hate non-humans.

• /facepalm/ /facepalm/ x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. kris Arcane

kris
    I am sorry to break it to you, but the Empire is in no way present in KOTOR. Also I dont watch cartoons and dont see them as canon.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  10. Horvatii Unwanted

Unwanted
    Star wars is the worst nechbeard fantasy trash. If you play it - kill yourself. Capeshit level garbage.

• Edgy Edgy x 6
    • How about this as a button How about this as a button x 1
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. RobotSquirrel Learned

RobotSquirrel
    What about Thrawn though. He was a Chiss and also now considered full canon.

The nonwhites thing could be down to system governors loyal to the Empire as over time getting involved in the conflict. A reverse Lando if you will.
    This is also why there were few women in the Rebellion early on as well. Women had little interest in the conflict as none of them served in the *clone wars (*prior to the TV Series anyway where they're introduced as rebels which is kinda dumb because it undermines Mon Mothma's Rebellion later.) the only women that served were Jedi as far as the original canon is concerned. It was only until the GCW got bad in ESB that you had women and aliens joining the rebellion full time instead of in previous media as a temporary token role as a show of unofficial support. Destroying the death star brought more people in on both sides.

Rogue One implies that most female pilots and ethnic pilots of the Rebellion died in the opening battles of the GCW hence why none of them were at Yavin. Rogue One however introduces a plot hole in that there are Mon-Calimari in the battle but Mon Calamari wasn't officially supportive of the Rebellion until after ESB. Same with Sullust.

As for the Empire they were pretty known for their Xenophobia. "Bounty Hunters we don't need them" and their occupation of Tatooine. Their treatment of the Wookie populations on Kessel. I mean its pretty obvious that the Empire doesn't care since its core systems exist within human lead societies. The Death Star was mainly built to keep everyone else in line that couldn't be controlled.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
    ^ Top  
  12. kris Arcane

kris
    this is due to disney simply having no clue. They just take things that look star wars and put in their movie. Hence they have a Mon calamari leading the fleet, because that is what they saw in that other movie.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. J_C One Bit Studio Patron Developer Sad Loser

J_C
    Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Time after time you prove that you are one of the most retarded tryhard newfags on the Codex.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Thrawn was the exception that proved the rule. An exceptional tactician who got into the Imperial Academy through his wit and intelligence alone rather than being on a diversity quota.

Also, I don’t care about any Disney canon, I think about Star Wars in EU terms only.

There were a few aliens here and there but overwhelmingly the Empire was human dominated. Here’s a good article about it (look up COMPNOR too):

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/New_Order/Legends#Ideology

• Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. warpig Incel Resistance Leader Manlet

warpig
    Not an SW expert but I think the empire was ok with the human-like aliens (probably there was some prejudice or whatever but not enough that they couldn't have a career in imperial military I guess)

^ Top  
  16. DalekFlay Arcane Patron

DalekFlay
    Lots of nerdy Star Wars canon talk in here that is largely based on old books and shit that Disney removed form canon. Stuff like Rogue One having fish dudes isn't breaking anything unless one of the newer novels said something about it specifically.

^ Top  
  17. RobotSquirrel Learned

RobotSquirrel
    That's because that was the canon most of the good games are based on. You can't argue with that.
    All the bad games are set in non-EU/non-Legends.

^ Top  
  18. Twizman Learned

Twizman
    I'm listening to Thrawn, the backstory that Rean refers too. Enjoying it but I don't know if anything can top Zahn's original trilogy starting with Heir to the Empire. The audiobook is amazing, voices sound just like Han and Lando.

^ Top  
  19. I didn’t refer to that. I’m not interested in anything done since Disney took over and deleted the EU. The EU is infinitely better.

^ Top  
  20. Twizman Learned

Twizman
    Correct you didn't. This book details ascent his rise in the Imperial system.

^ Top  
  21. Siveon Bot

Siveon
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Eh, same thing. Only big difference is these guys had swords. They're still evil and British.

• rolleyes rolleyes x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. kris Arcane

kris
    Evil and Canadian if we talk about KOTOR 1. Evil and Californian in KOTOR 2.

• Funny Funny x 2
    ^ Top  
  23. Reinhardt Arcane

Reinhardt
    Being permabanned in 30 seconds is not "shitstorm"

• Agree Agree x 3
    • decline decline x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. DalekFlay Arcane Patron

DalekFlay
    Okay but the game whose diversity started this discussion is clearly in the Disney canon. If we're debating black sith in KotOR then I guess proceed.

^ Top  
  25. Commissar Draco Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar Patron

Commissar Draco
    Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
    You could play as Imperial agent as Chiss, Rataka and one other nearhuman alien species in SWOTOR, Sure some Sith called you alien scum (but they treated all who were not Sith as scum) and some of Moff objected to you taking the lead and in finale when:

Show Spoiler
    Imperial Intelligence got disbanded you were send to fight as part of Imperial Army and when Darth Jadus disciple you were granted rank of major, as human captain and as alien lieutenant, I kept fighting to the first expansion in which they forced me to side with some republic scum though my Chiss was more :obviously: than Imperials.

You also could play as pure blood Sith too which was fun cause then the human sith were African Americans for you.

• Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.