Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Wars: The Old Republic will kill WoW - outsourced to Broadsword

Codex Year of the Donut
While KotFE/KotET chapters on any difficulty did not find a spot in my heart, objectively speaking I must admit they are properly challenging content.
An option to play the entire (solo parts) of the game on a higher difficulty like kotfe/kotet would be awesome

Codex Year of the Donut
What I've learned from doing DPS parsing on companions:
Dual blaster companions are the best. My Vette gets about 9600 DPS on an operation dummy(no command stims)
Rifle companions aren't far enough behind for it to matter(Aric Jorgan at about 9000 DPS)
A surprising amount of companions are bugged to some degree. :decline:
Companions to avoid using so far: HK-51, M1-4X

Last edited:

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
I want to play something relating Star wars after the new movies fiasco and I was thinking about this game. It is any good? Can be played without paying a cent?

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Interrupts, baby. And DCD's. Even DPS characters should have enough to deal with that.

At least in the hard single player content you can interrupt the same target twice. Try doing that on a Nightmare Mode Dread Fortress run :positive:

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut
Interrupts, baby. And DCD's. Even DPS characters should have enough to deal with that.

At least in the hard single player content you can interrupt the same target twice. Try doing that on a Nightmare Mode Dread Fortress run :positive:
my interrupt CD is 22s
I managed it, just wasn't expecting it to hit so hard

Codex Year of the Donut
Worst part of doing kotfe/kotet on master mode as the first time through for a character is that
companions start at influence rank 1
In master mode they just fall over if anything looks in their general direction

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

my interrupt CD is 22s

You often have more skills that result in an interrupt than just the interrupt itself. A knockback, a stun... You can sometimes spec for additional interrupts on skills that normally do not have them (like Juggernaut force charge, idk if it is also available to Marauders but could be), and for some fights you will have to. And don't forget your defensive cooldowns. That shit can be bretty powerful, again, even on DPS chars.

Codex Year of the Donut

my interrupt CD is 22s

You often have more skills that result in an interrupt than just the interrupt itself. A knockback, a stun... You can sometimes spec for additional interrupts on skills that normally do not have them (like Juggernaut force charge, idk if it is also available to Marauders but could be), and for some fights you will have to. And don't forget your defensive cooldowns. That shit can be bretty powerful, again, even on DPS chars.
I'm playing a merc

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

my interrupt CD is 22s

I'm playing a merc

For Ragnos's sake! Merc is the King, hell, God-Emperor of DCD's. You have Responsive Safeguards!

Electro Dart is your additional interrupt then (for targets that can be stunned), as is the Jet Boost knokback (for targets that can be knocked back). Taking Kolto Surge will turn your Kolto Overload into a powerful "defensive cooldown", assuming you survive the hit.

Codex Year of the Donut

my interrupt CD is 22s

I'm playing a merc

For Ragnos's sake! Merc is the King, hell, God-Emperor of DCD's. You have Responsive Safeguards!

Electro Dart is your additional interrupt then (for targets that can be stunned), as is the Jet Boost knokback (for targets that can be knocked back). Taking Kolto Surge will turn your Kolto Overload into a powerful "defensive cooldown", assuming you survive the hit.
DCDs do nothing when you aren't expecting to be killed instantly
but yes, they're why I love the class

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
DCDs do nothing when you aren't expecting to be killed instantly

Playing Master Mode chapters, you should expect exactly that. It is never good to allow a boss - or its adds - finish casting stuff. So if you can't prevent that, pop a cooldown. Of course in the end it boils down to experience - though, as opposed to Operations, I see little incentive to repeatedly replay chapters.

Codex Year of the Donut
OLD GROGNARD'C COROLLARY TO RUSTY'S PRO TIP #6
Can't you get them back via the god terminal anyways? I've never used it.

Not after they are lost through KotFE/KotET's story... At least that is how it worked back in the day. The thing only allowed you to summon back *class* companions who did not return to you through KotFE/KotET.
eFaR91F.png

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Heskal on master mode takes 70-80% of my health if he gets a single cast off
So it's basically like the game's normal difficulty at release? I approve. :obviously:
You really had to learn if any of your never used abilities might be able to moonlight as an interrupt. And you never had enough. So you also had to learn with speshul attack you could facetank to save interrupts.
I am still talking about "learning through retries" in a "story mode" boss fight mind you. And later not even just bossfights, they had to streeeeeeeeeetch game content as much as possible.

I'm playing a merc
"lol i don't interrupt i am dps lol"
*tracermissile tracermissile tracermissile tracermissile*

Codex Year of the Donut
Some farmers have been heavily undercutting each other back and forth on the GTN all night with tons of mats. I've spent over 150 million credits buying dirt cheap materials.
Pretty sure everyone else on the server is asleep :positive:

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
M1-4X Best companion ever asked a survivor of bombing Cana to show my Loitnant ''alternative form of gratitude'' for killing some kamikaze bomb droids, then he said she could be poster girl for Republic propaganda Campaign, my Lojtnant and my jaws dropped and I was... Sure what Droid meant Miss.

:shredder:

Can't believe how witty, fun and in some moment full of pathos dialogues here can be compare this to Outer Words banal shit boring diarhea about evul of capitalism and corporations Comrades.

P.S. They give away free gifts for 8 aniversary of SWOTOR you can get cool statues, toys and posters to hang on your Stronghold walls.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom