Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Wars: The Old Republic will kill WoW - outsourced to Broadsword

Codex Year of the Donut
do the inquisitor as female, the voice actress is really good

Hellion

Arcane
Also, how many more superweapons can they possibly cram into the storyline?

Main Game ending: fighting over crystals that can power superweapons.
Shadow of Revan: superweapon-ish apocalyptic doomsday.
KotFE: whole fleet of superweapons, controlled by a superweapon throne.
Iokath storyline: ancient superweapons.
Traitor storyline: an ancient superweapon that destroys all previous superweapons LOL.

Rich Evans was right: Star Wars is creatively bankrupt.

I'm starting the Onslaught expansion now. For the love of god I hope I don't have to destroy/secure any more superweapons.

Erikkolai

Learned
I thought it was interesting to see how different 'cultures' developed around different planets. At least on the server I played on (Darth Malgus).

On Tython, the public chat was always filled with cringy roleplaying (typical "don't fall to the dark side" stuff, and romancing). On Dromund Kaas, there was mostly shitposting about real life politics, and edgy humor.

Hellion

Arcane
So my Dark Side V Male Sith Assassin is joining forces with the legendary DARTH CHADGUS himself, and right before our final assault on our main objective, this is the dialogue option I have:

R9nvRPo.jpg

For fuck's sake, Bioware.

Popiel

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I’m done with Sith Warrior. It took a long fuckin’ time considerin’ I had little to no hours to burn at this game lately. I went full LS. So, well, I guess that was a thing. It was a good story. I’m not entirely sure if it was as much better than Consular, different certainly though. LS playthrough reinforces impressions I had earlier and on which I elaborated already, so I won't repeat myself. Light Side choices for Warrior are all ‘bout good of the Empire and your personal honour as a knight. You fight for your country and your friends, which you do have (surprise surprise, you’re not of a Stupid Sith alignment), you forge alliances and strive to reform the Empire from the inside. It’s good stuff. I dread at how Dark Side playthrough must look like, perhaps one day I’ll check it out (a lot of mindless cuttin’ and bein’ a cheap man’s Vader I presume). What folks say is absolutely true, Darth Baras the Wide is a good character as well, with one small caveat – I’m not sure if I like how he completely looses it at the end. It doesn’t seem like him. He also looks like a chimp without his mask, but that’s true for all DS users who wear those, so I guess we’re goin’ topical here.

Idiotically incompetent Sith lords ruinin’ the Empire for everyone with their personal psychodramas is one of the chief themes of this game I think.

On to the Jedi Knight now we go!

Popiel

Arcane
Patron
Yeah, male Jedi Knight voice actor just fits when you choose arrogant, smug dialogue options. I think I'm finally goin' Dark Side.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
LS playthrough reinforces impressions I had earlier and on which I elaborated already, so I won't repeat myself. Light Side choices for Warrior are all ‘bout good of the Empire and your personal honour as a knight. You fight for your country and your friends, which you do have (surprise surprise, you’re not of a Stupid Sith alignment), you forge alliances and strive to reform the Empire from the inside. It’s good stuff.

Personally, I enjoy moderate playthroughs, both for Inq and for Warrior. Take every choice strenghtening the Empire, but go full Dark Side in every other possible situation. Still used to net you a respectable Dark Side score, but didn't make you act like a complete moron.

Erikkolai

Learned
The Smuggler was my favorite class in SWTOR, but my immersion was extremely strained towards the end. I could run up to groups of Sith Lords and defeat them via sucker punches and crotch kicks.

:negative:

Playing a Force User definitely felt more right in this game.

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
(a lot of mindless cuttin’ and bein’ a cheap man’s Vader I presume)
You presume well.

I have fond memories of SWTOR, but also very negative ones. I do believe it's worth a shot if someone and his friend(s) are looking for a multiplayer game to spend time one.
I really liked the huttball back then, I'd spend all my nights on it.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Yeah, male Jedi Knight voice actor just fits when you choose arrogant, smug dialogue options. I think I'm finally goin' Dark Side.

In general LS Sith Warrior and DS (or at least mixed choice) Jedi Knight are great. Neutral/slightly DS aligned is kinda Anakin expy, great fighter, shitty Jedi, and arrogant/charismatic.

Popiel

Arcane
Patron
My (admittedly careful, yet still undoubtedly present) somewhat warm enthusiasm for TOR (TOR’s story to be exact, I wrote all that you need to know ‘bout how it plays already and don’t intend on repreatin’ myself in words more than these polite ones: it’s not very good) plummeted. As you know I’m now playin’ a Knight, I finished prologue and Taris as a part of Chapter 1. Choosin’ almost exclusively Dark Side options is the only thing that saves this playthrough for me right now, good God, what a downhill ride from Consular and Warrior.

Here’s the pitch: you’re a young, upstart flashlight murderhobo (as of this point Jedi code was never even mentioned and in general you’re playin’ a glorified war hound, not a proper Jedi, unlike in Consular storyline) who arrives at Tython. There is some bad guy. He has a powerful WEAPON, an ancient FORGE, which he plans to use to destroy the order! Okay, you stop him (or, in my case, secretly recruit him, ehehe). So, you go to Coruscant. Okay, there’s a plot which involves a hidden Sith lord (and I mean it, the guy is supposedly a full lord, not some Sith shoemaker but a real deal with red lightsaber and all – and, watch this, how the fuck was he able to operate for years with Jedi Council next door, while in Consular story you’re explicitly told that only thing which protects Emperor’s Children spies from getting’ immediately discovered by said Jedi and their mind trickery is that they are shielded from their view by the First Son – no such an alibi here, fucktard writers) who plans to steal a hidden Republic SUPERWEAPON called the PLANET PRISON! So you stop him.

But that’s not the end! He managed to steal some schematics for MORE SUPERWEAPONS, which now the Empire combined to make MEGASUPERWEAPON called THE DESOLATOR.

I think you get me now?

It’s bad. It’s just lazy and bad, and only thing which saves my poor schmuck from bein’ replaced by a fresh Sith Inquisitor is that when Dark Side you are just deliciously arrogant, insufferably smug all the time, you disregard others ‘cause reasons, place yourself at the top and just slaughter all your enemies – and voice actor just delivers perfectly.

Erikkolai

Learned
I wonder if there'll ever be a Star Wars RPG where getting groiny with your fellow Jedi either isn't an option, or at least has negative consequences.

Should've been able to make a report to the Jedi Council about Kira & Nadia being irredeemable sluts. :P

Then again, the Jedi Council is led by a chick who spread her legs to a commando and birthed some kind of cyborg dude.

:liberals:

Popiel

Arcane
Patron
Then again, the Jedi Council is led by a chick who spread her legs to a commando and birthed some kind of cyborg dude.
Admittedly she has enough decency to not give two fucks 'bout Theron now that he's in the wild. Besides, her grandma was Bastila Shan, what the hell did you expect.

As an aside:
On Tython, the public chat was always filled with cringy roleplaying (typical "don't fall to the dark side" stuff, and romancing). On Dromund Kaas, there was mostly shitposting about real life politics, and edgy humor.
When I leveled my Knight on Tython we mostly posted 'bout Darth Baras the Wide, Vette bein' his cumslut and other such nice subjects.

Erikkolai

Learned
Admittedly she has enough decency to not give two fucks 'bout Theron now that he's in the wild. Besides, her grandma was Bastila Shan, what the hell did you expect.

Out of curiosity, what was your point:
  • That it makes sense that Satele became Grand Master, since she's the granddaughter of the renowned Jedi Bastila Shan?
  • That it makes sense that Satele spread her legs, since she's got Bastila Shan's slut genes?

:philosoraptor:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom