Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Wars: The Old Republic will kill WoW - outsourced to Broadsword

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
in the midst of my communist lung disease feverdream I resubscribed to swtor
I logged in and have no idea what I'm doing

MMOs really need a "welcome back" tutorial to reteach you how to play the game/your class. I don't remember any of this shit.
At least SWTOR didn't have (much) ability bloat I suppose.

maybe there's a way to re enable the tutorial pop-ups. Not sure how useful they are though

At least they changed it a while ago so that buttons flash when you triggered something speshul for them. No need to remember everything.

Not that you need it, spamming your AoE is enough to win. And in flashpoints you just dance while your brobot does all the work. :hahano:

Though the brobot isn't available for all flashpoints, so you have to group up.

Codex Year of the Donut
Did all the new story content in a few hours that was... wow, can't believe they've put such little effort into this game since I last played.
The decision to can Anthem is making a lot more sense right now, EA must have been butthurt that bioware's only cashcow is hemorrhaging money.

Popiel

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Did all the new story content in a few hours that was... wow, can't believe they've put such little effort into this game since I last played.
It was laughable, that's what it was.

Yet still they do make new content for this game, which makes me wonder... Why...

Nevertheless, I should probably get on with my last class storyline playthrough (Soldier, damn it it’s borin’ as fuck), seein’ at what they're doin’ nowadays (hey, now you get stuff for loggin’ in! :lol: ) are all clear signs that this one is reachin’ it’s end.

Codex Year of the Donut

Yet still they do make new content for this game, which makes me wonder... Why...

Nevertheless, I should probably get on with my last class storyline playthrough (Soldier, damn it it’s borin’ as fuck), seein’ at what they're doin’ nowadays (hey, now you get stuff for loggin’ in! :lol: ) are all clear signs that this one is reachin’ it’s end.
It's well known that they were siphoning resources from Bioware Austin(SWTOR studio) for years to help finish projects falling behind -- and more specifically, to try to fix Anthem both before and after release. Anthem getting the axe meant that EA valued SWTOR more than Anthem.
Unless bioware manages to fuck it up again(very likely), there's a good chance they might actually start making content again.

Codex Year of the Donut
the class stories in SWTOR are (mostly) really good
its been almost a month now you can tell us the truth

should i believe this statement and play this thing
I'll put it like this: If it was a singleplayer RPG it would be begrudgingly accepted as a decent kotor3 by the codex

each class archetype(8 in total) get their own unique story in the base game, and they're pretty long. It's a lot of content, especially if you also do the planet storyline quests too. They merge after that, but there's still a lot of reactivity to your class/faction.

Gregz

Arcane

I'll put it like this: If it was a singleplayer RPG it would be begrudgingly accepted as a decent kotor3 by the codex

each class archetype(8 in total) get their own unique story in the base game, and they're pretty long. It's a lot of content, especially if you also do the planet storyline quests too. They merge after that, but there's still a lot of reactivity to your class/faction.

Can you list the class questlines in order of personal preference?

Codex Year of the Donut

Can you list the class questlines in order of personal preference?
From shortly after completing all of them:
So how do you rate the stories, having completed all of them?
bad:
smuggler
good:
JK, consular, inquisitor, sith, BH
great:
agent
MY LIFE FOR THE PEOPLE OF THE REPUBLIC:
trooper

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

It's well known that they were siphoning resources from Bioware Austin(SWTOR studio) for years to help finish projects falling behind -- and more specifically, to try to fix Anthem both before and after release. Anthem getting the axe meant that EA valued SWTOR more than Anthem.
Unless bioware manages to fuck it up again(very likely), there's a good chance they might actually start making content again.

I think it's more than Anthem would take truckload of cash and effort to approach a state where EA would make money on it, especially with the bad reputation the game got at release.
On the other hand, SWTOR had already paid back its investment, benefits from the SW license, looks like to continue to make money and EA can easily switch it to maintenance mode to save up on costs. And developing new content for SWTOR would be cheaper than fixing Anthem's mess.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
great:
MY LIFE FOR THE PEOPLE OF THE REPUBLIC:
trooper

Heh. Trooper is generally rated as the worst story, banal boring bland shit catering to the Cock of Duty fanboys. The only way to make it decent is to go full Renegade Shepard dark side and piss everyone off by warcriming your way to the top. Judging by your wording you didn't do that...

That said, the non force users are in a weak spot to begin with, due to the lack of, well space magic and... significance in the grand scheme.

Booty Hunter is pretty boring unless you have a Boba Phatt shrine in your bedroom, and Smuggler tries to be a comedy. With mixed results.

Only Agent manages to turn it around with excellent writing. Especially by showing what a fragile little insect you are compared to Shit Lords. :obviously:

While the 'quisitor might not have the best class story, I think he is the best overall pick when you look at all the content now. Not only did he already have dealing with all the major players, he also gets so many little extra bits.
It just feels as if the story is now written for him first, then adapted to the rest.

Team Darth Marr 4 lif-... awww crap. Sad. :cry:

Codex Year of the Donut
Heh. Trooper is generally rated as the worst story, banal boring bland shit catering to the Cock of Duty fanboys.
Those people are wrong, and are probably upset that it's not just about running around doing dumb jedi shit.

BTW, I recommend turning off the LS/DS indicators for dialogue in the options.

baud

Arcane
Patron
Heh. Trooper is generally rated as the worst story, banal boring bland shit catering to the Cock of Duty fanboys.
Those people are wrong, and are probably upset that it's not just about running around doing dumb jedi shit.

BTW, I recommend turning off the LS/DS indicators for dialogue in the options.

turning off the LS/DS indicators is a good idea, too bad the DS/LS dialogue choices are always in the same spot in the dialogue wheel

Last edited:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Bioware just knows their audience.
If you don't set up your wheel

GOOD
(Investigate)
LolEvil

people will create a shitstorm saying: "How was I supposed to know that 'kill their babbies and eat them' was the evil choice? It was at the top of the wheel! This game sucks!" :hahano:

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
people will create a shitstorm saying: "How was I supposed to know that 'kill their babbies and eat them' was the evil choice? It was at the top of the wheel! This game sucks!"

Come to think of it... How was I supposed "what about <the interrogated guy on Korriban who I just finished furiously forcelightning>?" was a good choice? Seriously, the dialogue summary is shit and doesn't convey intentions at all. Under these conditions I would advise against turning alignment indicators off.

baud

Arcane
Patron
It's not as if alignement points are that important, you can earn a lot just by playing the game. And if you dislike what happens after a dialogue choice, you can reset the dialogue sequence by exiting the dialogue, using escape

Bliblablubb

Arcane
That always made me giggle at little. Like the warrior on Alderaan blowing up a door, smashing people to the walls, killing for lulz and asserting dominance over the quest NPC.

ESC

Warrior knocks and has a diplomatic conversation. :obviously:

Always felt like a cashier dreaming up how he will strangle an annoying customer, rips off her head, kicks her corpse while yelling "whos the boss now bitch huh, HUH?".... then snaps out of it and just says: "Have a nice day m'am, thanks for shopping at SithCo." :hahano:

well, most of all retards killed all other mmos by giving money to blizzard, for something which added NOTHING to the genre. only marketing and journos won.

Shitposter
I'd say WoW killed MMOs by creating a market with only one model of MMO, the WoW clone, stifling innovation.
project gorgon is the best MMO I've played in years, not my fault you guys won't play it

porject gorgon mor like project MORON aahahahaha

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom