Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Star Wars: The Old Republic will kill WoW

Discussion in 'MMO(RP)G / Online Discussion' started by Crispy, Dec 14, 2011.

1. baud Arcane Patron

baud
    RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Apparently those can still be done, they unlock after you've finished the main quest of the planet and the quest giver usually hang next to where you arrive on the planet (at least for those that I remember). Level requirement aren't much of an issue since everyone end up overleveled anyway

• Yes Yes x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    bonus series still existed when I did it, they unlock after you finish the main quest for the planet and you have to hunt around for it or just check a wiki

^ Top  
  3. Zariusz Savant

Zariusz
    [​IMG]

:obviously:

• Salute Salute x 4
    ^ Top  
  4. Zariusz Savant

Zariusz
    Im on Belsavis now, funny that most of Republic criminal gangs are aliens. Its even somewhat acknowledged in the game:

[​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Racist Racist x 1
    • "It was Aliens" "It was Aliens" x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. baud Arcane Patron

baud
    RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Isn't there a questline on the Republic side on Belsavis that deals with Republic scientists conducting immoral and unethical experiments? Like they used alien prisoners in some kind of gladatorial matches to tests combat drugs and implants, it backfires and the player has to deal with it

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Zariusz Savant

Zariusz
    I dont remember, last time i was on Belsavis was like 6 years ago when i was doing Trooper playthrough ( my first character ever actually).

^ Top  
  7. Bliblablubb Arcane

Bliblablubb
    The Republic is evil. They're just better at brainwashing their SJW sheeple into believing that wasting the equivalent of at least 7 system's GDP on rebuilding a whole planet from scratch "as a symbol" is totallly an awsome idea.

And since every nation gets the government it deserves... well, I have no remorse giving them a little extra. On the house. Free of charge. Sith hospitality.
    :imperialscum:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Mangoose Arcane Patron

Mangoose
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
    Or rather, the elite are always the elite. The only difference is the culture of the sheeple.

It's quite bold they portrayed the Republic like this, especially with a female that sounds more aggressive than Hillary. It's a good thing if it reminds people not all women are the same; some of them actually display toxic masculinity lolol

• sheeple sheeple x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Mangoose Arcane Patron

Mangoose
    I dunno. I didn't like the voice acting. There was so little vocal range, even not considering alignment. The JK is like a robot - if he is angry he still sounds completely fucking rational. You don't hear much anger in the voice. I'm playing one right now. Dark Side, yes.

On the other hand, the BH story is so boring (so far) but the female protagonist is awesome. The well known voice actress, Grey Delisle. Famous for voicing this bitch:
    Also Femship Jennifer Hale kicks ass as Trooper. I have no recollection of the plot besides beating the shit out people during interrogations and fucking M1-4X.

Actually the BH also gets options to just punch a nigga. Forget Force Shock. Just punch the face in of some rich noble who thinks you won't hurt him, and you need his information.

Nolan North didn't too good either as Jedi Consular - despite playing Superboy AND Superman in Young Justice. And Superboy is sure as hell not a calm character.

^ Top  
  10. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    :prosper:

The male is Varric. Why would you pick female?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Mangoose Arcane Patron

Mangoose
    Because Jennifer Hale is Femshep. Plenty of "Renegade" choices, with voice acting to match. (Edit: And she was better than regular Shep obviously)

And I've never played past DA:O.

Edit: Well I played an hour or two of DA:I but I got tired of the combat. Which is pretty damning considering I am able to tolerate even NWN1-level of shitty gameplay.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
    ^ Top  
  12. Mangoose Arcane Patron

Mangoose
    ^ Top  
  13. Mangoose Arcane Patron

Mangoose
    It was so good I actually kept videos haha:

^ Top  
  14. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    because I don't want to play as the character voiced by the only woman who voices everything female in videogames

^ Top  
  15. Mangoose Arcane Patron

Mangoose
    Er, she's been niche Bioware VA until she came to fame with Femshep. I didn't even know she played Bastila or Dynaheir or any other character.

Fake edit as I find out info in real time: Hale was also Fall-From-Grace and Deionarre. You can almost say she's part of the old Infinity crew.

Also some of the male voice actors are pretty damn famous. Steve Blum's there (everywhere). Because VA's are kind of a niche group (elitist lol) and many have voiced several dozens of characters in cartoons, much less video games. So, yes, you want voice actors with huge portfolios. Because VAs with no portfolios are basically amateurshit that nobody has ever hired.

• Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Mangoose Arcane Patron

Mangoose
    Besides, I've done every storyline as a male besides BH and Trooper. I chose female Trooper because I knew the person behind the voice.

^ Top  
  17. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    :codexisforindividualswithgenderidentityissues:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Mangoose Arcane Patron

Mangoose
    Have you not played Mass Effect?

^ Top  
  19. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    it's ok, you don't need to justify why you feel the need to roleplay as a woman on this forum

^ Top  
  20. Mangoose Arcane Patron

Mangoose
    I already did. I did heavy research on VAs for fun and curiosity bc I'm insane a while ago. I know what I was looking for.

Though for Mass Effect, in fact I played male because I default play male unless there's a big reason not to. So I'm stomaching the male VA while watching the rest of the Codex fap over Hale.

^ Top  
  21. Mangoose Arcane Patron

Mangoose
    Pst did anyone grab the way-too-expensive expansion chapter?

It's ironically fun. Still too expensive.

Edit: Man, I wonder how many SJWs this triggered

^ Top  
  22. Zariusz Savant

Zariusz
    How long is Onslaught? Does that negress from the cover replace Satele as head of the Jedi?

^ Top  
  23. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    short
    no

she actually pretty much disappears after the intro part, I guess they realized nobody likes her

^ Top  
  24. Mangoose Arcane Patron

Mangoose
    Yeah actually all of those characters don't feature much and/or die. They're either quest givers or bosses.

In fact the most annoying one was the Twilek because she was a companion and you're stuck with her for a while. Now she's the ACTUAL sjw. On the other hand, I'm afforded the opportunity to slice and dice the negress. Appearances deceive, eh?

But this playthrough I noticed I mmiiiight be able to play with without that bitch.

I suppose to be on the safe side, just go Empire so you can kill SJW.

Actually funny story, Jorjelu Kes, my Jedi Knight, allowed Valkorian to channel force lightning against Arcann. I didn't do that with my SW or my Inquisitor. Apparently hundreds of thousands of other people died lmao

The problem is... I'm worried about Dark Side choices because all of those choices help Valkorian take control of me. Which he already did when I rejected him on my SW and SI (Sith don't trust each other brah). But who knows what happens now.

Edit: I think what gets me through KOTET/KOTFE is Valkorian. They got the perfect voice actor, modeled his face just like a father figure seducing you to the Dark Side, not to mention he has such a poker face I cannot tell when he's lying. Arcann was disappointing since.... well since he loses relevance but also because I can't turn him into my Dark Apprentice.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
    ^ Top  
  25. Zariusz Savant

Zariusz
    Yeah Valkorion is cool, when i was playing my Jedi Defender from tokens i wanted to serve him, sadly i then read that its not possible and i only used his powers and advice in rare moments. I didnt know then anything about his plan concerning whole galaxy though.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.