Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Star Wars: The Old Republic will kill WoW

Discussion in 'MMO(RP)G / Online Discussion' started by Crispy, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Bliblablubb Arcane

Bliblablubb
    Yeah, a lot of musical pieces get some extra kick because of the context you heard them in. In case of the Revan song it was... I think the epilogue of the Hutts as a stinger for Revan? But I remember standing on the bridge of a Star Destroyer with mah bro Darth Marr talking about the state of the union empire, and then the camera slowly backed up through the window into the void with that song playing.

Man, all that talk about this game and it's music is trying hard to lure me into installing it again. Send help pls. :cry:

^ Top  
  2. Zariusz Arbiter

Zariusz
    Ilum story finished, Malgus The Betrayer betrayed and defeated, Hesker was a bro. Now its time for Hutt cartel... to the faggot planet onwards ehh...

EDIT:
    Its done, i dont remember much from my original makeb trooper playthrough but i feel that imperial story was probably much better.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2021
    ^ Top  
  3. baud Arcane Patron

baud
    RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    [​IMG]

• Prestigious Prestigious x 3
    ^ Top  
  4. Zariusz Arbiter

Zariusz
    Revan finished, i didnt like that since Makeb my companions were just background characters without any dialogue besides that SoR opening cutscene.

^ Top  
  5. Bliblablubb Arcane

Bliblablubb
    I hope you enjoyed that moment at least. Because it's going to get worse in the future, since Bioware tried to save moneyz by consolidating all classes into one story from now on.
    So you better start thinking Lana and Shanson are the best companions evah, or you're in for a lot of misery! :cry:

• decline decline x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Zariusz Arbiter

Zariusz
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

I WANTED EPIC DUEL NOT THIS POWER OF FRIENDSHIP SHIT!!!!!

Ending of SoR had some moments

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Poor Marr, we could literally make Empire great again but i was thrown into carbonite and he was thrown into the coffin.
    Ziost was interesting (though there was that moment where Emperor says that he likes that black womyn jedi master because she has strong will then she banishes him from her body for a while by herself, and yes only she was able to do this. That just smelled with modern Bioware), KOTFE feels kinda weird, like some kind of tv series or animation. But it gave me option to kill that bald anarchist bitch so its all good.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2021
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Mangoose Arcane Patron

Mangoose
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
    tbh there's no way you can keep 8 storylines going after launch. They had different writers for various storylines, and then voice actors, and etc. At the same time the hardcore MMO players want more operations, while others want more comprehensive flashpoints (or very very short ones to farm). Let's not forget all the time spent balancing.

Also I bet since a lot of the production was emphasized for launch, they downsized right after and expectedly so.

The only other game that tried personal stories was really bad at it was GW2 because it was doing that as well as RvRvR PVP as well as small scale PVE and large scale PVE content. Edit: Also live events. And another thing that suffered were the public quests, which Warhammer Online could do because it wasn't doing everything.

Blizzard can only sustain one storyline for each paid expansion in WoW because everybody wants everything.

In any case, still need to finish my BH. Then I be legendary.

• Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Mangoose Arcane Patron

Mangoose
    Wow, there really is a saboteur route in Jedi Under Siege. Changes quests up.

Also I kicked Theron off my allliance. With Jorjelu at least.

^ Top  
  9. antimeridian Novice

antimeridian
    What about The Witcher though :obviously:

Show Spoiler
    :troll:

• Funny Funny x 2
    ^ Top  
  10. Zariusz Arbiter

Zariusz
    KOTFE and KOTET finished. I have became an emperor, sadly there is no just and righteous king option so probably game will treat my char ike a despot, ehh that is still better than some Republic 2.0 though. I let Arcann live and killed that droid. I never even once used Valkorion power by choice, my character treated him like a betrayer who used and abandoned his people, i favoured Imperials in most choices.

^ Top  
  11. Mangoose Arcane Patron

Mangoose
    I use it once and apparently it saved me but also killed 40,000 other people in the vicinity. Good times.

^ Top  
  12. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    The power is much more tempting on higher difficulties.

• Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Mangoose Arcane Patron

Mangoose
    How is it compared to Star Fortress in Heroic 2+ mode?

^ Top  
  14. Zariusz Arbiter

Zariusz
    Im now doing War On Iokath and all of this feels so cheap, empty and low quality compared to KOTFE/KOTET (it even lacks music in few places). Its fascinating that every time they make me use that battle walker each fight has worse, less responsive mechanics than the last, first on voss was quite nice but now its terrible. Also i dont like how so many boss fights are now time wasting gimmick fights, in KOTET if not whole Valkorion saga final fight in our mind with that retard Vaylin was best in my opinion because it was somewhat purest in its form.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
    ^ Top  
  15. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    You can identify the areas that were basically cobbled together to give players something to do while they made more content, and that's one of them.

• Agree Agree x 3
    ^ Top  
  16. Bliblablubb Arcane

Bliblablubb
    Speak for yourself. Codexia was a harsh yet benevolent Dark Underlord Empress who only conqured planets for giggles before breakfast on a friday. :obviously:
    And to make it clear: she did not abdict because the people wanted her to, but because she got bored and needed a break from all that hassle, okay?

• nice nice x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Zariusz Arbiter

Zariusz
    So i did Fractured Alliances, those flashpoints were better than War on Iokath if we are talking about quality but they still feel somewhat amateurish, listening to certain enemies voicelines was so fucking annoying, mostly on that Chiss planet (planet itself looked cool). I actually somewhat liked Nathema conspiracy for some reason. And bad music placement ( mostly lack of it) during fights is still a problem.
    I also finished Ossus story (it felt much better, especially after all that filler content) and reclaimed LS Jaesa, dynasty will grow in future :obviously: .

^ Top  
  18. Fedora Master Arcane Patron Edgy

Fedora Master
    upload_2021-10-22_11-56-12.png

:lol:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS x 3
    • Doggy Doggy x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. baud Arcane Patron

baud
    RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    that's the reviews for buying the subscription via Steam and seems like there's a lot of persistent technical issues, all the negative reviews complain about it. The base game is 90% positive

• meh meh x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    g*rmans being underhanded liars?
    who would have thought

• butthurt butthurt x 2
    • FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Avarize Magister

Avarize
    So can I play through the story missions now without having to do any of the other content?

• Yes Yes x 3
    ^ Top  
  22. MadMaxHellfire Arcane

MadMaxHellfire
    mostly so. just on the first few planets it'd be helpful to add some extras to add a couple levels more, to be on the safe side of never being underleveled.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Avarize Magister

Avarize
    Is there any annoying monetization? Like not being able to run without paying for it?

• Yes Yes x 2
    • meh meh x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Mangoose Arcane Patron

Mangoose
    Okay, fourth character to go through KOTET/KOTFE. Jedi Master "Qui-kee" Kinetic Shadow (because throwing rocks is fucking awesome). Going to be vet mode. Well, I wanted to see if I could get Ch 2 done in Master, assuming that it makes it hard enough to tempt using Valkorian's power. Nope, kicked its ass. Didn't need his power. (Edit: Took 4~5 minutes lol, fucking health bloat)

Also I'm in full 306 gear with 4 pieces of Death Knell set. lol. Fully DPS gear except for wearing a shield, and then some points in shield because I hit 3k crit and 1.4k alacrity, nothing much else tertiary because no need for accuracy. tank spec gives you +10% accuracy that you'd usually get from gear.

But going back to Vet for the rest for sho. Hopefully I'm not like, overgeared for vet.

Edit: I need to try playing DPS with a tank spec Guardian/Jugg. Actually, just the Immortal Jugg because it has the backhand heh.

Not that bad. You have a ingame currency cap, inability to hide your headslot, have to pay to respec - mostly cosmetic and convenience. But you do miss out on the expansions.

Except, if you subscribe once you get any expansions that exist. And if you subscribe once you are now a "Preferred Player" so you get a few more inventory slots and convenience.

So basically subscription is.. an interesting way to sell an expansion. lol.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2021
    ^ Top  
  25. Zariusz Arbiter

Zariusz
    I think i have done everything story related available until now. Onderon was pretty but kinda small and empty, still worse than original vanilla planets, Mek sha was forgetable. Echoes of oblivion was ok but that final scene feels like from some movie finale to long anime series. Dantooine, nothing interesting really. Yeah after KOTET it feels like game budget was cut down. Classic companions are still background characters, there is certain scene that sums it pretty well. When you are entering dark councill room with your companion he/she will be stopped by guards in background, it has that feel "back of you plebian, people like you dont belong here".

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.