Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Wars: The Old Republic will kill WoW - outsourced to Broadsword

chang-paper.gif

dacencora

Never did any of the Ops. The only people I played with online were my brothers, and most guilds at the time that I was playing required you to "prove" you were worth having by running your damage output through a scoring system. I can kinda understand why they wanted to do that, but I was never invested enough in the game to "prove" myself. Do people still run Ops these days?

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Right is the Starwars equivalent of MMORPG chainmail bikini?
I can has Leia slave outfit?
Can a male wear one?
Actually chest was from some swimsuit set, first i tried to use it to make an outfit that would have that bronze age Tales of the Jedi feel but i ditched it later after some dye problems, i still used half of it cause why the hell not? There is nothin wrong with some nice thighs in the background.
And this swimwear has also male version with visible chest, there are dancer outfits that look like slave Leia (though those are only for ladies), there was also slave set though probably it was removed or renamed after Disney went apeshit with word "slave" and started to remove it from everything.

I think the slave girl outfit is still in game, it's supposed to be sold on Nar Shadda.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Right is the Starwars equivalent of MMORPG chainmail bikini?
I can has Leia slave outfit?
Can a male wear one?
Actually chest was from some swimsuit set, first i tried to use it to make an outfit that would have that bronze age Tales of the Jedi feel but i ditched it later after some dye problems, i still used half of it cause why the hell not? There is nothin wrong with some nice thighs in the background.
And this swimwear has also male version with visible chest, there are dancer outfits that look like slave Leia (though those are only for ladies), there was also slave set though probably it was removed or renamed after Disney went apeshit with word "slave" and started to remove it from everything.

I think the slave girl outfit is still in game, it's supposed to be sold on Nar Shadda.
They're on the Security Key Vendors. On the fleet and on certain planets.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
I wonder how much money that snake devoured after a decade.
nowhere near as much as it has made
good part of the reason anthem was killed was because they kept siphoning swtor devs to try to fix it and swtor development basically stopped
Yeah.

They had to cut out a lot of stuff or rearrange it. IIRC KOTET/KOTFE interactions with "Valkorion" were originally meant to extend the class stories starting from Ziost on. So each class would be interacting with the Emperor but each class with their own storyline.

But that idea/budget got cut so they pooled whatever they had developed into interacting with Valkorion in KOTET/KOTFE.

I might be totally wrong, though. I can't even remember where I read it. Ironically I recently read that Vaylin was planned to be redeemable... but I don't remember where I read that and I didn't verify the statement. Though I think it makes sense.

In any case it's like they had to end the more ambitious projects for *reasons* but they still needed to create something, so they had to pull bits from the original plans.

Codex Year of the Donut
unsurprisingly, EA was not happy that bioware was fucking with the only thing they had that was making money
hooray for capitalism

dacencora

Tbh Valkorion is a lame reveal for the ULTIMATE SITH EMPRAH. KOTET/KOFTE was pretty alright on its own, but the connection to SWTOR was weak and fairly lame.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
ohwowe I just did Onderon on the "saboteur" route of the Imps... I was given the choice at the end of:
Kill Person A
Kill Person B.
Kill them both.

That's nonbinary.

So progressive.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Tbh Valkorion is a lame reveal for the ULTIMATE SITH EMPRAH. KOTET/KOFTE was pretty alright on its own, but the connection to SWTOR was weak and fairly lame.
Valky basically acted like Palpatine, though. But yeah it was supposed to be more connected; I think stuff actually got recycled into Kotfe, that was planned to be more class specific interaction with the Emperor.

dacencora

Valky basically acted like Palpatine, though. But yeah it was supposed to be more connected; I think stuff actually got recycled into Kotfe, that was planned to be more class specific interaction with the Emperor.
I was more talking about the fact that he was supposed to the MOST EVAL BAD GUY in the galaxy, shaping its events, and it turned out the SW galaxy was just his mistress family. His real family was in that other galaxy with Zakuul or whatever its called.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
I was more talking about the fact that he was supposed to the MOST EVAL BAD GUY in the galaxy, shaping its events, and it turned out the SW galaxy was just his mistress family. His real family was in that other galaxy with Zakuul or whatever its called.
Yeah I think it was supposed to continue the storyline as it was rather than go KOTFE route, building off the class specific interactions with the Emperor that was in SOR. I really can't remember where I read that. So based on my fallible memory, I think it was supposed to be multiple class stories, each one interacting with the Emperor.

But budget/whatever was cut and they moved what they had over to Valkorion.

This is why we can't have good things.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Wait, I just realized... This is the same guy that corrupted Revan ~300 years before this game. Actually, he's lived 1500 years. Iterating through lives lol. And, remember, Kreia said Revan didn't exactly remember where the Emperor was, but he headed towards the Unknown Regions... which is basically the same direction as Wild Space. Where Zakuul was. (Mortis too, apparently. Call out from Clone Wars)

Codex Year of the Donut
a lot of SWTOR revan related stuff was actually adapted from Avellone's notes I think
too lazy to go look it up again, but I was surprised by it when I came across a tweet from Avellone for his intentions for Revan for a possible KOTOR 3 and dug into it a bit, it lines up pretty closely

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Hm nvm apparently they did meet him in Dromund Kaas.

But if that's the case... that's right next to Korriban. Where we went in KOTOR 1 and 2. Getting ready for a TSLRCM thru

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Quick note: I just modded KOTOR2 so I can prestige class at any alignment. Literally I modded some code in a *.dlg file because the downloaded mod would've conflicted. So I reverse-engineered the dlg file to see where the alignment conditional was at and voila. Editing a mod before even starting a game.. What have I become..

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom