Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Wars: The Old Republic will kill WoW - outsourced to Broadsword

she looks weird, and seems she's always on the verge of crying. you're a sith for fuck's sake! i liked the corrupt jedi in the sith warrior (right?) story much better.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Nice, they're adding Weapons to Outfits now. Which honestly matters a lot for firearms because fucking sound effects.

I hope they fix Brutal Shots' sfx lol.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Okay, looks like 7.0 PTS has finished. The following link is a list of how all the abilities are at the moment, which of course can change but probably not that much given that would require more testing lol. That being said I think there are some "placeholder" abilities they haven't finalized.

https://vulkk.com/2021/11/23/swtor-7-0-how-ability-choices-affect-all-classes/

They actually didn't streamline it. Instead, they made it so you have to choose between abilities. Meaning you'll have less abilities to use on hand but that's all based on your choice. And some of them are difficult choices. For example, a Juggernaut/Guardian will have to choose between Saber Reflect and Intimidating Roar. You can't have both.

Also, some of these choices affect how actual ability is (similar to how Tacticals work). In fact it looks like there's more variation than tacticals. Bbasically they've given the option of making the ability AOE vs DOT vs Burst - and only on a micro level, so you'll still have DOT classes that you can't just change into Burst. Or whatever.

IMO it seems like un-dumbing-down, not having ability bloat because there are some that are mutually exclusive choices. I mean, un-dumbing-down to a *slight* degree.

Also, for your existing character - you'll immediately be able to pick a new advanced class (combat style). After you finish Chapter 3/your class story you get to pick your second one. One thing that people don't seem to notice but I do is that having two advanced classes means you can swap party roles easily (obv outside of battle, not in battle... i hope). And that's very very nice for tanks and healers, because then they don't have to scrounge for damage when they feeling like playing DPS.

Edit: I have to say, SWTOR is kind of an anomaly. You know the Smuggler storyline? Pretty good, I think. Who was it written by? Hamburger Hepler. I was like wtf. From then I'm like woah. And the Imperial Agent storyline was great. There actually is C&C to a degree - they probably wanted more

In fact, players got pissed that if they were Dark Side Jedi, Bioware would not be grant them Jedi Master. Yes, the irony is blatant. Bioware caved, yes, but at least Bioware was going in a good direction. Which is also ironic.

Last edited:

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Wow... I hadn't played the Smuggler storyline for.. like.. half a decade. And it's even better than I remembered. Chapter 1 already referred to KOTOR1/KOTOR2 characters. Mentions about Trask Ulgo. Darth Bandon (who I recognized on the spot tbh), even a sithocron of Darth Nihilus.

It still feel bizarre that this was done by Hamberger Helper but I guess that was me taking prejudice too far lul.

Edit: Oh damn... I was checking her track record to see if she was involved with Bioware pre-Dragon Age. But nope. Instead.. She started out writing for PNP RPGs after Christopher, her husband, introduced her to Vampire: The Masquerade and Shadowrun. And they co-wrote Shadowrun sourcebooks.

After that, the two Hamburger Heplers became Hollywood screenwriters for 6 years.

That explains a lot.

Edit 2: Oh shit.. Hamburger Hepler was responsible for developing the Dwarven civilization in Dragon Age. The Dwarven origin stories I remember being the best ones (she did all the Dwarven stuff). Why doesn't she defend herself just by posting her portfolio instead of whining to the media? I mean. I kinda like her now. Sigh.

Last edited:
Wow... I hadn't played the Smuggler storyline for.. like.. half a decade. And it's even better than I remembered. Chapter 1 already referred to KOTOR1/KOTOR2 characters. Mentions about Trask Ulgo. Darth Bandon (who I recognized on the spot tbh), even a sithocron of Darth Nihilus.
What! Smuggler story is cute story anon for many wifes story anon like Agent story anon but it is nonsense anon lose battle to Tatooine Sith wife anon! It is! It is nonsense lose blaster battle deflection nonsense anon! It is! You are a good anon!

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
What! Smuggler story is cute story anon for many wifes story anon like Agent story anon but it is nonsense anon lose battle to Tatooine Sith wife anon! It is! It is nonsense lose blaster battle deflection nonsense anon! It is! You are a good anon!
What.

The Jedi and I killed the Sith and Diago.

Yes, I told them both where Diago was.

Hoping to get into both of their pants.

What.

The Jedi and I killed the Sith and Diago.

Yes, I told them both where Diago was.

Hoping to get into both of their pants.
Thank you anon! You are a good anon! If you do shoot talk wheel Sith wife anon she does lightsabre deflection nonsense anon of bestest blaster shooter Smuggler anon! She does! It is nonsense anon! It is! She does lightsabre deflection nonsense anon in talk anon but she can die anon from shoot blaster anon in play game anon! She can! It is nonsense anon! It is! You are a good anon! You are a good other harem wifes wife scholar friend anon! You are! Here anon I do give you this cute other Old Republic harem wifes picture anon! I do! You are a good anon!
DPubmoV.jpg

Honestly, you could be using the Force by pistol-whipping. Luke used it for a proton torpedo. Who knows, maybe everyone is Force Sensitive but the lightsaber establishment marginalizes the guns.
Thank you anon! You are a good anon! I do know anon good strong blaster kino anon but Class Story is nonsense anon for No Force character anon! It is! It is many lose battle scene anon to Force character anon for No Force character Class Story anon! It is! I do not need Force anon for full force anon! Do not! You are a good anon!

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Honestly, you could be using the Force by pistol-whipping. Luke used it for a proton torpedo. Who knows, maybe everyone is Force Sensitive but the lightsaber establishment marginalizes the guns.
Thank you anon! You are a good anon! I do know anon good strong blaster kino anon but Class Story is nonsense anon for No Force character anon! It is! It is many lose battle scene anon to Force character anon for No Force character Class Story anon! It is! I do not need Force anon for full force anon! Do not! You are a good anon!
Well that's why you have to learn to maintain suspension of disbelief the whoooooolle time. ghaha

Faarbaute

Arbiter
As someone who used to play at launch and who's thinking of giving it a spin again, is it realistic to be able to play for free or do you have to buy alot of stuff to get basic functionality back?

Also, is there any point playing if you don't own any expansions and stuffs?

Codex Year of the Donut
As someone who used to play at launch and who's thinking of giving it a spin again, is it realistic to be able to play for free or do you have to buy alot of stuff to get basic functionality back?
You get all the base content for free -- meaning every class story. The only thing I was missing(and the main reason I subscribed) was the rocket boosts, a temporary indoor-usable mount.
Subscribe for 1 month and you get all the content ever made, even when your sub runs out, up to when you were last subbed. There's no expansions to buy, it's easily one of the best MMOs in terms of monetization.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
You get all the base content for free -- meaning every class story. The only thing I was missing(and the main reason I subscribed) was the rocket boosts, a temporary indoor-usable mount.

I was able to buy the rocket boosts recently on an account where I never spent any money. But I think it took quite some time before I was able to (I think it's tied to legacy level?)

forget playing for free, you are asked to pay for every tiny little shits, even when you fart.

rusty_shackleford you're asked to pay to hide the helmet. you're asked to pay for the convenience of a right click before dialogues. "to jewishty and beyond!".
you're asked to pay to access guild storage. you're asked to pay to wear decent equipment. you're asked to pay for skill hotbars. you're asked to pay to use chat more than 1 message per minute. you're asked to pay to play operation wolf more than 5 times per week.

Codex Year of the Donut
rusty_shackleford you're asked to pay to hide the helmet. you're asked to pay for the convenience of a right click before dialogues. "to jewishty and beyond!".
you're asked to pay to access guild storage. you're asked to pay to wear decent equipment. you're asked to pay for skill hotbars. you're asked to pay to use chat more than 1 message per minute. you're asked to pay to play operation wolf more than 5 times per week.
all that shit comes with the subscription which costs me like $3(254 roosky dollars) a month

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom