Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Star Wars: The Old Republic will kill WoW

Discussion in 'MMO(RP)G / Online Discussion' started by Crispy, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Mangoose Arcane Patron

Mangoose
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
    ohwowe I just did Onderon on the "saboteur" route of the Imps... I was given the choice at the end of:
    Kill Person A
    Kill Person B.
    Kill them both.

That's nonbinary.

So progressive.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    SWTOR subscription/credits price on steam being region-adjusted is interesting, I can buy a year subscription for like $20

• Balanced Balanced x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Mangoose Arcane Patron

Mangoose
    Valky basically acted like Palpatine, though. But yeah it was supposed to be more connected; I think stuff actually got recycled into Kotfe, that was planned to be more class specific interaction with the Emperor.

^ Top  
  4. dacencora Scholar

dacencora
    I was more talking about the fact that he was supposed to the MOST EVAL BAD GUY in the galaxy, shaping its events, and it turned out the SW galaxy was just his mistress family. His real family was in that other galaxy with Zakuul or whatever its called.

^ Top  
  5. Mangoose Arcane Patron

Mangoose
    Yeah I think it was supposed to continue the storyline as it was rather than go KOTFE route, building off the class specific interactions with the Emperor that was in SOR. I really can't remember where I read that. So based on my fallible memory, I think it was supposed to be multiple class stories, each one interacting with the Emperor.

But budget/whatever was cut and they moved what they had over to Valkorion.

This is why we can't have good things.

^ Top  
  6. Mangoose Arcane Patron

Mangoose
  7. Mangoose Arcane Patron

Mangoose
    Wait, I just realized... This is the same guy that corrupted Revan ~300 years before this game. Actually, he's lived 1500 years. Iterating through lives lol. And, remember, Kreia said Revan didn't exactly remember where the Emperor was, but he headed towards the Unknown Regions... which is basically the same direction as Wild Space. Where Zakuul was. (Mortis too, apparently. Call out from Clone Wars)

• Hoo Hoo x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    a lot of SWTOR revan related stuff was actually adapted from Avellone's notes I think
    too lazy to go look it up again, but I was surprised by it when I came across a tweet from Avellone for his intentions for Revan for a possible KOTOR 3 and dug into it a bit, it lines up pretty closely

• Informative Informative x 1
    • [citation needed] [citation needed] x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Mangoose Arcane Patron

Mangoose
    Hm nvm apparently they did meet him in Dromund Kaas.

But if that's the case... that's right next to Korriban. Where we went in KOTOR 1 and 2. Getting ready for a TSLRCM thru

^ Top  
  10. Anonymous Wife Scholar Erudite

Anonymous Wife Scholar
    Give me Lana wife!

• No No x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    • Disgusting! Disgusting! x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Mangoose Arcane Patron

Mangoose
    Quick note: I just modded KOTOR2 so I can prestige class at any alignment. Literally I modded some code in a *.dlg file because the downloaded mod would've conflicted. So I reverse-engineered the dlg file to see where the alignment conditional was at and voila. Editing a mod before even starting a game.. What have I become..

• incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Bliblablubb Arcane

Bliblablubb
    At least she was... very understanding when I dumped her the moment some old flame (or Khem) reappeared to take her place. She won't kill me in my sleep right? Right? :cry:

^ Top  
  13. Hóngwèibīng Arcane Vatnik Wumao

Hóngwèibīng
    Imagine not preferring Lana as far as TOR waifus are concerned.

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. MadMaxHellfire Arcane

MadMaxHellfire
    she looks weird, and seems she's always on the verge of crying. you're a sith for fuck's sake! i liked the corrupt jedi in the sith warrior (right?) story much better.

• incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. dacencora Scholar

dacencora
    Mako best girl, but Lana is a close second.

^ Top  
  16. Anonymous Wife Scholar Erudite

Anonymous Wife Scholar
    Give me Old Republic harem wifes!

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Buddy sometimes you take this too far.

^ Top  
  18. Anonymous Wife Scholar Erudite

Anonymous Wife Scholar
    What!

• Hoo Hoo x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker

^ Top  
  20. Mangoose Arcane Patron

Mangoose
    Nice, they're adding Weapons to Outfits now. Which honestly matters a lot for firearms because fucking sound effects.

I hope they fix Brutal Shots' sfx lol.

• incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Mangoose Arcane Patron

Mangoose
    Okay, looks like 7.0 PTS has finished. The following link is a list of how all the abilities are at the moment, which of course can change but probably not that much given that would require more testing lol. That being said I think there are some "placeholder" abilities they haven't finalized.

https://vulkk.com/2021/11/23/swtor-7-0-how-ability-choices-affect-all-classes/

They actually didn't streamline it. Instead, they made it so you have to choose between abilities. Meaning you'll have less abilities to use on hand but that's all based on your choice. And some of them are difficult choices. For example, a Juggernaut/Guardian will have to choose between Saber Reflect and Intimidating Roar. You can't have both.

Also, some of these choices affect how actual ability is (similar to how Tacticals work). In fact it looks like there's more variation than tacticals. Bbasically they've given the option of making the ability AOE vs DOT vs Burst - and only on a micro level, so you'll still have DOT classes that you can't just change into Burst. Or whatever.

IMO it seems like un-dumbing-down, not having ability bloat because there are some that are mutually exclusive choices. I mean, un-dumbing-down to a *slight* degree.

Also, for your existing character - you'll immediately be able to pick a new advanced class (combat style). After you finish Chapter 3/your class story you get to pick your second one. One thing that people don't seem to notice but I do is that having two advanced classes means you can swap party roles easily (obv outside of battle, not in battle... i hope). And that's very very nice for tanks and healers, because then they don't have to scrounge for damage when they feeling like playing DPS.

Edit: I have to say, SWTOR is kind of an anomaly. You know the Smuggler storyline? Pretty good, I think. Who was it written by? Hamburger Hepler. I was like wtf. From then I'm like woah. And the Imperial Agent storyline was great. There actually is C&C to a degree - they probably wanted more

In fact, players got pissed that if they were Dark Side Jedi, Bioware would not be grant them Jedi Master. Yes, the irony is blatant. Bioware caved, yes, but at least Bioware was going in a good direction. Which is also ironic.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Mangoose Arcane Patron

Mangoose
    Wow... I hadn't played the Smuggler storyline for.. like.. half a decade. And it's even better than I remembered. Chapter 1 already referred to KOTOR1/KOTOR2 characters. Mentions about Trask Ulgo. Darth Bandon (who I recognized on the spot tbh), even a sithocron of Darth Nihilus.

It still feel bizarre that this was done by Hamberger Helper but I guess that was me taking prejudice too far lul.

Edit: Oh damn... I was checking her track record to see if she was involved with Bioware pre-Dragon Age. But nope. Instead.. She started out writing for PNP RPGs after Christopher, her husband, introduced her to Vampire: The Masquerade and Shadowrun. And they co-wrote Shadowrun sourcebooks.

After that, the two Hamburger Heplers became Hollywood screenwriters for 6 years.

That explains a lot.

Edit 2: Oh shit.. Hamburger Hepler was responsible for developing the Dwarven civilization in Dragon Age. The Dwarven origin stories I remember being the best ones (she did all the Dwarven stuff). Why doesn't she defend herself just by posting her portfolio instead of whining to the media? I mean. I kinda like her now. Sigh.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2021 at 1:48 PM
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Anonymous Wife Scholar Erudite

Anonymous Wife Scholar
    What! Smuggler story is cute story anon for many wifes story anon like Agent story anon but it is nonsense anon lose battle to Tatooine Sith wife anon! It is! It is nonsense lose blaster battle deflection nonsense anon! It is! You are a good anon!

• Participation Award Participation Award x 1
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Mangoose Arcane Patron

Mangoose
    What.

The Jedi and I killed the Sith and Diago.

Yes, I told them both where Diago was.

Hoping to get into both of their pants.

^ Top  
  25. Anonymous Wife Scholar Erudite

Anonymous Wife Scholar
    Thank you anon! You are a good anon! If you do shoot talk wheel Sith wife anon she does lightsabre deflection nonsense anon of bestest blaster shooter Smuggler anon! She does! It is nonsense anon! It is! She does lightsabre deflection nonsense anon in talk anon but she can die anon from shoot blaster anon in play game anon! She can! It is nonsense anon! It is! You are a good anon! You are a good other harem wifes wife scholar friend anon! You are! Here anon I do give you this cute other Old Republic harem wifes picture anon! I do! You are a good anon!
    [​IMG]

• Merry Christmas! Merry Christmas! x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.