Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Wars: The Old Republic will kill WoW - outsourced to Broadsword

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Arsenal
Level 27 Choice – Tracer Missile Buff

• Proficient Tracing – Reduces the activation time of Tracer Missile by 0.2 seconds and the heat it generates by 2.
  • Signature Shot – Priming Shot deals 50% more damage to targets affected by your Heat Signature.
  • Triple Trace – Tracer Missile fires up to 2 additional half-strength missiles at other enemies within 5m of the primary target.
https://vulkk.com/2021/11/23/swtor-...-affect-all-classes/#h-mercenary-combat-style

Oh sweet. I like how they're adding AOE options in (almost?) every tree, don't need Tacticals for them anymore. Not to mention that's less clunky than having to spread tracer missile with fusion whatever and theeeeen hit incendiary missiles. Triple Trace.

If anyone plays a class that has jack shit for AOE unless they are using a Tactical.. woo.. (Though I don't think I noticed one for Deception Assassin :\)

i haven't played in two years, but i don't remember aoe being very useful nor used in the game as a whole. i mean, i used it when i noticed the team screwing things up and having an add or both on me might have helped lighten the load for a moment.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
i haven't played in two years, but i don't remember aoe being very useful nor used in the game as a whole. i mean, i used it when i noticed the team screwing things up and having an add or both on me might have helped lighten the load for a moment.
It's useful for soloing shit (especially leveling) or contributing to a FP lol. This would be burst AOE, that is.

I don't like Operations the same reason I never liked Raids. A normal NPC's AI is nothing but an aggro meter, whether a level 1 rabbit or a raid boss. The only difference is that they can be scripted to more things. But can they think? Can they outsmart you? (Darkfall ones can lol.)

Nope. So to be a "skillful" end-game raider, your job is to press the buttons in a specific rotation as best as possible. I play piano and that is similar.. except an MMO rotation is like piano for retards and/or infants. I'm seeing people practice their parsing as if they were a pianist spending hours a day for a year perfecting two lines of sheet music.

Also some neat stuff are 4m abilities going 10m. Vengeance Jugg's Impale can be replaced with "Skewering Strike", 10m leap Impale. (I'm curious to see this animation. Will it be like Palpatine and his whirlwind forward?

Most of this stuff are just the Utility abilities rolled into the options.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'd say homogenization is bad but this game was already a pretty shit MMO
decent singleplayer content though

Huttball was pretty fun back in the day.
Huttball was the best! Didn’t they get rid of it? I actually loved all the warzones. Back in the 1.x days, it was a fun way to break up the leveling grind. I haven’t done any warzone in ages.

No idea. It'd be a shame if they did though, imo it was one of the best parts of the game. Using all the movement powers to move the ball or screw the ball carrier across the map, etc.
Some classes were way better than others for it though. Jedi Shadow / Sith Assassin were the best with stealth, force speed, etc.

no way, they were crap most of the times (i know, i played one), tanks with snares were useful and smugglers dominated everyone and everything with insane speed and teleports. and for insane i mean "faster than your internet, you can't target me".

dacencora

no way, they were crap most of the times (i know, i played one), tanks with snares were useful and smugglers dominated everyone and everything with insane speed and teleports. and for insane i mean "faster than your internet, you can't target me".
Why are you even in this thread bro? Lmao it sounds like you hated the game. Really activated your almonds, huh?

mediocrepoet

Patron
If nothing else, I'd say it's a strength of the design of Huttball that different classes felt useful in different ways. The mostly shit ones tended to be pure dpsers with little in the way of movement or utility abilities and even they could be good for trying to blow up the carrier before he could get away.

It was also nice because of being able to pass the ball which was more interesting and dynamic than a classic CTF game.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
I loved to run around as an Assassin and Force Wave people the wrong direction or off heights.

Same thing for Warhammer Online.

And Neverwinter Online.

HM.. There's a pattern here.

Defenestration go!

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
You know the Smuggler storyline? Pretty good

Smuggler was one of my favorite class stories in Chapter 1, but it’s one of the weakest overall, imo. It had a really strong start but chapter 2 and beyond it goes pretty retarded.
There are actually a few options, so building my own pirate fleet is my goal. The Republic gets some of what I found, I recruit the crews lol.

Apparently in Hoth, with the cloaking tech person:

At this point there’s a bunch of different choices you can make to decide what happens next. You can smuggle them offworld, you can convince Alinna to take over the White Maw, YOU can try and take over the White Maw, you can force them to give the Alien Kid to the Republic, or you could give the Alien Kid to the Republic but also send Alinna with it to make sure it gets treated right and Alinna gets off of Hoth and being stuck with the White Maw
https://vrykerion.com/2016/01/08/class-storyline-reviews-smuggler-chapter-two/

So who nose

Bliblablubb

Arcane
I think you still get monthly cartel coins for putting the authenticator on your account too [...] So I came back to around $100 USD of free coins.
Sheeeeet, I last logged in with that thing, like, years ago? I might have enough cartel coins to buy a small moon by now. :hahano:

mediocrepoet

Patron
I think you still get monthly cartel coins for putting the authenticator on your account too [...] So I came back to around $100 USD of free coins.
Sheeeeet, I last logged in with that thing, like, years ago? I might have enough cartel coins to buy a small moon by now. :hahano:

If you don't have it anymore, but you have access to a way of verifying your account (CD key, email, whatever) customer service can help you recover it. It's worthwhile. I maxed out my inventory slots, bought the new races and some character slots, picked up random crap I felt like, etc. for the low low price of forgetting about a game I stopped playing for like a decade. :lol:

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Wait! Don't spend yet. They're probably gonna have a lotta new shit with this 10 year anniversary.

Edit: Actually there's a flash sale on this is a nailgun unique sounding pistol, the Provenance. 720cc.

(Definitely makes Brutal Shots sound good)

https://torf.mmo-fashion.com/provenance/

On that note, if you're gonna buy a firearm, best preview it on youtube first. NO joke.

Last edited:

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Hell yeah, I bought a Defiant Vented Lightsaber first thing lol. I Wasn't subbed so it was just security key CC Lol.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Ah crêpe. I don't remember my password AND don't have access to the mail I apparently created for this game more than, what, 8 years ago... so I would need to call the customer drones and beg for forgiveness. Meh, maybe IF they ever release a new expansion. :hahano:

mediocrepoet

Patron
Fuckers, if it was released on 14th december my subscription would still be active, now they want me to pay for it again :argh:

I had this same thought. I started playing this again for a bit and upped for two months, figuring I'd see then if I'm still playing or figure the sub is worth it. So they backed it up to a week after my sub runs out. :hahano:

Of course, if I've decided to quit again by that point, it doesn't really matter.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom