Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Wars: The Old Republic will kill WoW - outsourced to Broadsword

Sul

Savant
É, é mesmo inacreditável. Pergunto-me se a estupidez desses filhos de meretriz é por deficiência mental ou apenas a benção da ignorância sobre suas pobres almas.

4ucv9d.png

Silellak

Cipher
SWTOR has indeed a good story and good writing, but the gameplay is the same inane WoW stuff as ever. I can't understand for the life of me how some people can spend most of their waking time walking 15 minutes between objectives and staring at refreshing skill icons to spam the same few ones over and over again. My head starts feeling like it will pop after 2 hours in. Not to mention that the environments are always based on the same pattern of camp, path, plain, camp, path, plain…. the quests no matter how well disguised, are always just go meet x, activate x switches, bring me x stuff… this is supposed to be fun?
This pretty much summarizes my experience with the beta, too.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
É, é mesmo inacreditável. Pergunto-me se a estupidez desses filhos de meretriz é por deficiência mental ou apenas a benção da ignorância sobre suas pobres almas.

Se empolgou com os UAHSUHASIUHAISUHAS do Racofer e voltou pro BRês? :lol: Anyway, keep it english or the potatolanders will start spamming those weird DziękujęCześćNierozumiem...

Also, Gaiders reading skills on those forum post is par with his writing.

Sul

Savant
More Bioware greatness!

e15kz6.jpg

Se empolgou com os UAHSUHASIUHAISUHAS do Racofer e voltou pro BRês? :lol: Anyway, keep it english or the potatolanders will start spamming those weird DziękujęCześćNierozumiem...

Also, Gaiders reading skills on those forum post is par with his writing.
Porra, eles não encorajam outros idiomas no fórum? Não? Juro que li isso em algum lugar.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
WoW never deletes anything, so if someday you get a itch to comeback, everything is still there.

SW:TOR deletes your whole account if you skip a single month payment, so you have to keep paying FOREVER! Low on money this month kid? Just create & level up all your characters again...it's not like there's anything for them to do on Lv 50 anyway.:smug:

Porra, eles não encorajam outros idiomas no fórum? Não? Juro que li isso em algum lugar.
Nah, senão só ia ter patotinha de europeu falando aquelas línguas cheias de trema. Sem falar q tem pouquíssimos BR aqui, a não ser pra respostas particulares como essa nem tem pq falar português, ninguem vai entender...

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Are sure that's true? That would be an exceedingly bad business model.

EDIT: They don't, according to the reply I just got from CS. More inane trolling I guess.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Are sure that's true? That would be an exceedingly bad business model.

It seems that they actually don't delete the accounts, that e-mail must be fake. I took this from their FAQ:

I am going on holiday, is there a way for me to pause or freeze my subscription?

We do not offer the facility to pause subscriptions.
However, if you want to take a break from the game for a month or two you can cancel your account through your account pages which you can access by clicking here.
This will stop any future payments and remove your credit card details from our database.
This will not cause your account to be deleted.
Playtime you have already paid for will continue as normal until it has expired, and your account will then be frozen.
You can then re-activate it at any time.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Effettivamente...
You know Kz3r0, I have no idea where you are from, but I most of the time think you are brazilian or at least portuguese, just because of your username...also, 'Meifumado' can be read as "half-smoked", or "kind of high" on a half-assed translation...

Kz3r0

Arcane
You know Kz3r0, I have no idea where you are from, but I most of the time think you are brazilian or at least portuguese, just because of your username...also, 'Meifumado' can be read as "half-smoked", or "kind of high" on a half-assed translation...
Nope, I am Italian, Meifumado is the transliteration of a Japanese word, that resembles Portuguese is just a coincidence.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Ah, va bene! :lol: My father is from Salerno, so I have an italian citizenship and can speak it very badly, but I dare not try to write. Great country, went there in 2008 to visit my roots.

And Kz3r0 in portuguese reads as caseiro, domestico, a home-loving person.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Ah, va bene! :lol: My father is from Salerno, so I have an italian citizenship and can speak it very badly, but I dare not try to write. Great country, went there in 2008 to visit my roots.

And Kz3r0 in portuguese reads as caseiro, domestico, a home-loving person.

:thumbsup:
Actually the Portuguese meaning of my nick suits me quite well, even if is a clever disguise for Kaiser, but don't tell anyone, last time I said it was inspired by the sub-zero character of mortal combat.

ceifadorx

Novice
man i cant believe bioware has so many stupid blind fanboy.
i cant believe they are serious when post this bullshit.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
man i cant believe bioware has so many stupid blind fanboy.
i cant believe they are serious when post this bullshit.

Some time ago I had the audacity to mention bioware without praise in general chat at Vaiken space dock. (Basically the hub where every imperial-side player hangs out to pick up PvP quests, browse the AH etc). Someone was complaining about how parts of the UI were poorly implemented. (And they are. the UI is a horrible mess). I responded that it apperars the bioware policy is "Why develop good products when merely average take a tenth the effort and sells almost as well?".

This was then followed with a torrent of hateful messages, telling us to GTFO if we didn't love the game. Apparently the money you paid to purchase a product and subscription are worth less if you aren't completely satisfied with the service you got. someone then went on to state that he "would love any product bioware releases and nothing could ever change his mind". Which I suppose sums up the average biodrone pretty well. If a product is made by their God-Emperors it is automatically good even if it isn't. And anyone who claims otherwise must be a heretic.

lightbane

Arcane
I'm surprised you weren't banned for that comment, considering how draconic their security system is.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom