Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Star Wars: The Old Republic will kill WoW

Discussion in 'MMO(RP)G / Online Discussion' started by Crispy, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Vaarna_Aarne Notorious Internet Vandal Patron

Vaarna_Aarne
    MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    Nah, a Tusken Raider would be perfectly fine with a lightsaber. EDIT: Also [​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Bliblablubb Arcane

Bliblablubb
    I hauled my Sniper over with about 1 million potatos, so give me a call if you lack funds and I quickly log in and send them over.

^ Top  
  3. RK47 collides like two planets pulled by gravity Patron

RK47
    Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
    Tusken Raider set is actually available in Tatoiine social vendor.

^ Top  
  4. Bliblablubb Arcane

Bliblablubb
    Don't social vendors require you to interact with those vermin called "other players" to unlock them? Disgusting creatures, I stay away from them whenever I can.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Wilian Arcane Patron

Wilian
    Divinity: Original Sin
    Which planets have worthwhile planetary main quest? So far seems like diarrhea for most parts.

^ Top  
  6. Mangoose Arcane Patron

Mangoose
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
    Uhh Balmorra. The voice actors are pretty enthusiastic for that one.

Voss story wise is quite cool too, though I somehow skipped the first few quests and jumped on later.

^ Top  
  7. MicoSelva Prestigious Gentleman Don't call Abigail Patron

MicoSelva
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I started playing this recently (lvl 20 Bounty Hunter as of now). If I wanted to spend real money for this game, what would be the best deal? Optimally, I would like to limit myself to $20-$25.

^ Top  
  8. Mangoose Arcane Patron

Mangoose
    If you subscribe, you get 500 free cybershekels per month ($5/month) in addition to all the benefits (aka lifting of F2P limitations lol) from subscriptions.

If you mean what you wanna buy... the "Going Places" bundle is the cheapest way to get Rocket Boots, lets you mount up inside buildings. Can't think of what else, really... The rest of the practical stuff you get if you're a subscriber, so if you're F2P then subscribe instead of buying them from Cartel Bioware.

Everything else is just cosmetics. If you fanboi enough about Star Wars and/or the game then you can preview the available equipment and see if you want it. Alternatively people can sell stuff they get from the Cartel Market on the GTN/auction house. Usually happens with those people that gamble on the random crates. The Cartel Market is very limited though because Bioware only keeps a limited number of equipment available, out of a plethora that have been put up before or will be again (you can see in the "Collections" window). Therefore it is often more reliable to get what you want to just buy the Cartel Market item off the GTN.
    Sure, hit me up on "Lubes", Imp side.
    Let me know when you get 50 mil lolo

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Mangoose Arcane Patron

Mangoose
    TFW all my companions have better outfits than me, and I'm regretting romancing Vette now that I'm used to Jaesa's bloodthirsty retardedness.

^ Top  
  10. Vaarna_Aarne Notorious Internet Vandal Patron

Vaarna_Aarne
    IF I were to play this with you nigs, probably the most important detail is the number of steps and cybershekels needed to larp a Tusken Raider.

^ Top  
  11. Crazed Weevil Augur

Crazed Weevil
    See here: http://tor-fashion.com/sand-people/

Basically Social level 3 which isn't that hard to get, but you'll have to group to do...just run Black Talon flashpoint a few dozen times with a 4 man group. After that travel to Tatooine, and go to the cantana in the main settlement. Vendor sells all the bits for a small-ish price (can't remember of the top of my head). You'll still need a Waist and Wrist item as they don't have one in this set.

^ Top  
  12. Mangoose Arcane Patron

Mangoose
    You won't be able to pay CCs for Tusken Raider for now, it's not available at the current time. You can probably though get it off the GTN/auction house and the equal alternative is how RK47 mentioned you can get it from the Social Vendor, and Bliblablubb if we just run Flashpoints as a guild, we won't have to deal with pubs. (In fact I don't think I could've played WoW if I didn't join an awesome, awesome guild who I actually met up with in person. They were military networking guys, very cool people. Actually a lot of military guys play MMOs, and they really are the best because of their humility, the ability to not get angry over failures, and teamwork).

Basically, no steps. It's just whether you pay via real money, pay on the auction house, or pay via in-game money. Requiring Social levels but like I said I doubt it'll be an issue if we run together without randoms. Could just run the first Flashpoint again and again because there's a lot of dialogue.

^ Top  
  13. hakuroshi Augur

hakuroshi
    Well, there is also a Sand People Pillager outfit which currently can be bought on GTN for measly 3M cybershekels.

^ Top  
  14. Mangoose Arcane Patron

Mangoose
    Yeah. But again keep in mind, with 4 man friend/guild groups. Actually I've been able to solo the Tactical version with just me and my companion, because companions are OP... which means just having two guildies/friends will make it work, and you'll have fun as opposed to dealing with shitty randoms.

^ Top  
  15. hakuroshi Augur

hakuroshi
    Currently logged in, just sent you a message.

^ Top  
  16. Crazed Weevil Augur

Crazed Weevil
    Black Talon was always easy...you could easily it do solo by level 14 back at release...back when it was fun to do Heroic's solo because they were a real challenge. Now it's just grind, grind, grind...nothing puts up a challenge any more. Hell the World Bosses are pussies now...dropped Trapjaw with 5 people the other day in less than 3 minutes! And that's without companions and everyone auto-levelled down.

One thing though about the Heroics. Now that they are Weekly rather than Daily I'd advice only doing them to help you level and if you are going to take more than a week to complete a Class story. The reason being that once you are in the 'end' game, those Heroics drop mats for the Knights of the Fallen Empire. Really helpful with gearing and you'll get a metric fuck-ton of legacy gear and loads of Radiant and Glowing crystals to buy gear with. I got all 4 of the 'advisers' to level 10 in one go with just one weeks worth of Heroics.

^ Top  
  17. Vaarna_Aarne Notorious Internet Vandal Patron

Vaarna_Aarne
    I have no idea what the currency scale in this game is like, so is measly being ironic or factual? Pillager set definately looks more stylish (its the facemask not having a hueg canister that seals it, both look a little cartoonish), though best facemask for Tusken Raider larp based on that site is on the Tusken Raider Bloodguard, and I have no idea how much Cartel shit that'd take.

^ Top  
  18. hakuroshi Augur

hakuroshi
    Ironic unfortunately. Unless you a sub you even cannot have that much money at once unless paying more money... that is complicated. While that is not very much really, and some people claim to make 1-2 mil per day of grind it is certainly not the cheapest outfit. Dune Stalker which is somewhat in same style is only 100-150K.
    Bloodguard as far as I can tell is not for sale on GTN and can be got only through events... one of which - Rakghoul plague is currently running.

^ Top  
  19. Mangoose Arcane Patron

Mangoose
    Yeah, that's the advantage of a sub, you get 500CC (+100 for Security Key) per month. I think a sub is worth it if you enjoy the game enough.... though I wouldn't say the game quality is worth $15, but because F2P and Preferred is too limited. Half or so of the class storylines are pretty good - honestly I consider it a single player non-C&C RPG. I guess if you manage to play through all of them in two months, you'd be spending $30 on a decent single player which isn't terrible. Probably could do it in 1 month if you have the time, energy, and don't get bored.

Actually I take it back, Preferred really isn't so bad. It does have a good amount of advantages over F2P. All you have to buy something off the Market, and you automatically upgrade from F2P to Preferred forever. Also several achievements give you 20CC (Bliblablubb can fill you in because I can't remember), so you don't even need to pay real $$. And I know there's a pack you can get for 75CC - the "Grand Weapon Pack" in which you get a random weapon (which is actually pretty good, I've managed to make 500k-1mil off some, or just keep them if they look cool). There may be something even cheaper.

And then honestly the Cartel Market is 99% for cosmetics. If you play without a sub, you still get to play the best part of the game, the storylines (*cough* the only good part of the game *cough*). There are better games for endgame PVE and any PVP.

I ain't gonna defend SWTOR except that I enjoy the single-player stories. Mainly worth it if you're outta other games to play and waiting for incoming games

And/or you're a Star Wars fanboi.

---

Secondly you may consider a semi $10-15 sub because 500CC is $5. In other words if you buy stuff off the CC - whether to keep the item or to sell it, you could consider it a $10 sub.

Otherwise if you don't give a rat's ass about the Cartel Market, it's a $15 sub lol.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  20. Mrowak Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Mrowak
    Project: Eternity
    Yeah, I bought a 2 month subscription (Force Awakens hype got me, sue me) - decided to pay up, so as ot to feel like second class citicen. I must say I am quite enjoying myself with the stories, especially Sith Warrior and Smuggler so far. I too play it as a single player game, although I see some potential in Flashpoint missions.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
    ^ Top  
  21. Vaarna_Aarne Notorious Internet Vandal Patron

Vaarna_Aarne
    So give me a rundown on a couple of things then for considering a vacation in a galaxy far far away:

1) The Tusken Raider stuff is cosmetic, or is cosmetics and gear completely disconnected?
    2) What are the important differences between Preferred and Sub?
    3) Can I get bribed by Codexers with a Tusken Raider Pillager outfit?

^ Top  
  22. Mangoose Arcane Patron

Mangoose
    1) Well
    (A) the Tusken Raider stuff (and all of the Cartel Market I think) are "adaptive" and "custom" armor, which means you can slot in any mods and stuff in them. Basically you keep up with the mods they'll be as good as regular equipment (or better).
    (B) There's also an outfit system now, like in LOTR Online, so you can walk around in whatever looking armor you want while you have your actual stat gear hidden. Good stuff... if only most of the armor didn't look retarded.

2) and 3) I'll find out and answer later

^ Top  
  23. Jensen Novice

Jensen
    You can use my referral link. You will be subscribed to SW:TOR for 7 days, and after that your account will become 'preferred'. Yo will also get some goodies (more inventory space, some unlocks and other stuff). And if you subscribe for a month or two after that link, I will get something from it too.
    My referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/DgMbXG

Differences between f2p, preferred and subscriber are in the link below:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/wiki/f2p

I came back to SW:TOR some time ago, I've got referral link from someone else, then I bought 2 months of subscription. I am enjoying class stories (reason why I play really), and I don't care about flashpoints, warzones, pvp and other stuff. Just stories.
    I will probably stay as preferred soon, do some 1-50 class stories and then maybe subscribe for a month or so. But still class stories is why I play this game.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  24. Vaarna_Aarne Notorious Internet Vandal Patron

Vaarna_Aarne
    [​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  25. Mangoose Arcane Patron

Mangoose
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.