Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Wars: The Old Republic will kill WoW - outsourced to Broadsword

Seari

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Holy shit, people weren't kidding when they said the consular's act 1 fucking sucks. There is no way the later acts will justify me playing through this cringe inducing writing. Too bad, I kind of like the character that I created.
Guess I'll try the SW story, although the kamehameha battles sound pretty good. :troll:

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
What's the most interesting Republic story? I've only Imp-ed so far.

The smugler one is decent enough,everything else is shit tier.Playing as a jedi suck,it's like everyone in the republic is a liberal,let's accept the gay wookies and everyone who wants to kill us.Playing as a dark jedi is even more idiotic,you get to be evil in the most retarded manner, not a badass one like Sith Warrior,Sith Inquisitor.
And the voice acting is tedious,bland and most of the time Nolan North and the other actress sound like they woke up after a long nap.
Trooper story suck sweaty balls after chapter 1 and you are basically the lapdog of the republic and rarely get to say anything beside ''Yes sir'',fucking weak ass fagg.

I think most of the value production went into the Imperial side,better voice acting,better writing and better everything

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
5nurud.jpg

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
.Playing as a dark jedi is even more idiotic,you get to be evil in the most retarded manner by Jedi Mind Tricking everyone
fixt

But yeah, I have heard the same about the Trooper, and the same as what you said about the Smuggler. Plus as a Smuggler you get to ask, "But where's my ship?" in every conversation.

Diablo169

Arcane
Yeah im struggling playing as a republic character. Wanted a break from the Imperial Side but I may just bite the bullet and roll a Sith Warrior.

Deleted member 7219

I can't believe the lies I'm reading about the Trooper storyline. I've actually completed it, and there are absolutely more options - in pretty much every conversation - where you can basically say "Fuck the Republic, I'm in this to kill people / make credits."

I ended the game as a total psychopath.

Diablo169

Arcane
I can't believe the lies I'm reading about the Trooper storyline. I've actually completed it, and there are absolutely more options - in pretty much every conversation - where you can basically say "Fuck the Republic, I'm in this to kill people / make credits."

I ended the game as a total psychopath.

So would you recommend it to play through then? Or was being evil more of a novelty that made it bearable?

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Think the DS commando as a ruthless operative instead of a by the book officer. Most of his choices had to deal with saving people or killing the bad guy. Choosing the latter meant innocent die, but hey, at least the bad guy is dead right?
And that's Dark Side, I guess. Ruthlessly pragmatic.

Deleted member 7219

So would you recommend it to play through then? Or was being evil more of a novelty that made it bearable?

Like everything in SWTOR, it's only fun if you play it as a bastard.

I guess you could take the sarcastic approach and not be totally evil. Jennifer Hale is more than enough to make it bearable.

I haven't tried LS, I went LS Jedi Knight and hated so much of it.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Fuck you Consular story

>Be sent to mediate a Senate meeting
>Summoned by Supreme Chancellor
>Excited!
>Become errand boy to please the Senators
Gonna try to just ram my USB drive into this class's port to see if I can just blast through the storyline and put a checkmark through it. The key is to stealth past EVRYTHING and not use anyone except Qyzen

Last edited:

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
  • Companions in the Tank role now generate additional threat.
Time to make them Tanks.

• Players no longer automatically target their Companion after summoning them.
Thank fucking god

A confirmation dialog has been added to Conversation choices where a player is directly and knowingly choosing to kill or otherwise reject a potential follower.
:lol:

• Companion abilities can no longer interrupt casting times of NPCs and players.
?????

--

Oh yeah I have schematics to throw in the Guild Bank.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Guild stuff:

Wilian has donated a bunch of Orange (I STILL SAY IT LOOKS RED) Equipment. I donated a few as well. Then hoarded a few in return.

Also threw in Bind on Pickup greens and blues for playing dress up dikk with your character. I mean for your outfits.

I'd also like to get at least a Guild Bank in the Stronghold. In order to do this:
  1. Need an UNBOUND (bind on use) Guild Bank Decoration
  2. Drag it to the "Decoration Donation" in the bottom left corner
  3. Place if you want/can, otherwise I can do it

RK47

Patron
Have they actually fixed the hilt mod requiring Artifact Authorization?
Devs acknowledged this is a bug, but I ain't coming back till they address it.

Last edited:

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Have they actually fixed the hilt mod requiring Artifact Authorization?
Devs acknowledged this is a bug, but I ain't coming back till they address it.
Yeah:
The following mods no longer require artifact entitlement:
  • Versatile Hilt 7
  • Resistive Hilt 9
  • Versatile Hilt 5
  • Resistive Hilt 7
  • Versatile Hilt 11
  • Resistive Hilt 13
  • Versatile Hilt 9
  • Resistive Hilt 11
  • Versatile Barrel 40
  • Resistive Hilt 2
  • Versatile Barrel 36
  • Resistive Barrel 40

RK47

Patron
Great. No worries about the non-OP companions then.

anus_pounder

Arcane
The combat was one of the worst things about the game so it's a good thing that it is so easy now.

You can speed run through most quest areas now instead of being stuck for 20 minutes on clearing every room of mobs.

:negative: Too bad they just got nerfed.

Having played and finished the SW story shortly after release, I gave up on the game after that. Didn't want to slog through all that combat again. Your post was tempting me to get back in and see the other stories for myself but now...

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
:negative: Too bad they just got nerfed.

Having played and finished the SW story shortly after release, I gave up on the game after that. Didn't want to slog through all that combat again. Your post was tempting me to get back in and see the other stories for myself but now...
Play the stealth classes then (Assassin-Inquisitor, Scoundrel-Smuggler, . I even managed to play through them during launch. (The rest I didn't touch with a stick)

Now if you want to avoid the stealth classes with the bad storylines, then avoid the Assassin/Inquisitor and the Shadow/Consular. (Though the stealth is making the Consular it tolerable for me in spite of the story)

Actually I do recommend playing the Operative/Agent. Everybody in this thread will agree that the Imp. Agent is worth the play, story-wise. And since you have stealth, that's win-win.

Edit: Actually Consular has inclined after they gave me Zenith. Kewl guy.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Wilian has donated a bunch of Orange (I STILL SAY IT LOOKS RED) Equipment. I donated a few as well. Then hoarded a few in return.

I did what?

Wait I mean, I am in guild??

Bloody hell you drunken blackouts always offering surprises.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
I did what?

Wait I mean, I am in guild??

Bloody hell you drunken blackouts always offering surprises.
I think so? It had your name in the 'guild notes' next to your character name. I was super tired tho.

Well, someone did, and then I took yur stuffs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom