Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Wars: The Old Republic will kill WoW - outsourced to Broadsword

Codex Year of the Donut
The power is much more tempting on higher difficulties.

Zariusz

Arbiter
Im now doing War On Iokath and all of this feels so cheap, empty and low quality compared to KOTFE/KOTET (it even lacks music in few places). Its fascinating that every time they make me use that battle walker each fight has worse, less responsive mechanics than the last, first on voss was quite nice but now its terrible. Also i dont like how so many boss fights are now time wasting gimmick fights, in KOTET if not whole Valkorion saga final fight in our mind with that retard Vaylin was best in my opinion because it was somewhat purest in its form.

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut
You can identify the areas that were basically cobbled together to give players something to do while they made more content, and that's one of them.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
sadly there is no just and righteous king option so probably game will treat my char ike a despot,
Speak for yourself. Codexia was a harsh yet benevolent Dark Underlord Empress who only conqured planets for giggles before breakfast on a friday. :obviously:
And to make it clear: she did not abdict because the people wanted her to, but because she got bored and needed a break from all that hassle, okay?

Zariusz

Arbiter
So i did Fractured Alliances, those flashpoints were better than War on Iokath if we are talking about quality but they still feel somewhat amateurish, listening to certain enemies voicelines was so fucking annoying, mostly on that Chiss planet (planet itself looked cool). I actually somewhat liked Nathema conspiracy for some reason. And bad music placement ( mostly lack of it) during fights is still a problem.
I also finished Ossus story (it felt much better, especially after all that filler content) and reclaimed LS Jaesa, dynasty will grow in future :obviously: .

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
upload_2021-10-22_11-56-12.png

:lol:

mostly so. just on the first few planets it'd be helpful to add some extras to add a couple levels more, to be on the safe side of never being underleveled.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Okay, fourth character to go through KOTET/KOTFE. Jedi Master "Qui-kee" Kinetic Shadow (because throwing rocks is fucking awesome). Going to be vet mode. Well, I wanted to see if I could get Ch 2 done in Master, assuming that it makes it hard enough to tempt using Valkorian's power. Nope, kicked its ass. Didn't need his power. (Edit: Took 4~5 minutes lol, fucking health bloat)

Also I'm in full 306 gear with 4 pieces of Death Knell set. lol. Fully DPS gear except for wearing a shield, and then some points in shield because I hit 3k crit and 1.4k alacrity, nothing much else tertiary because no need for accuracy. tank spec gives you +10% accuracy that you'd usually get from gear.

But going back to Vet for the rest for sho. Hopefully I'm not like, overgeared for vet.

Edit: I need to try playing DPS with a tank spec Guardian/Jugg. Actually, just the Immortal Jugg because it has the backhand heh.

Is there any annoying monetization? Like not being able to run without paying for it?
Not that bad. You have a ingame currency cap, inability to hide your headslot, have to pay to respec - mostly cosmetic and convenience. But you do miss out on the expansions.

Except, if you subscribe once you get any expansions that exist. And if you subscribe once you are now a "Preferred Player" so you get a few more inventory slots and convenience.

So basically subscription is.. an interesting way to sell an expansion. lol.

Last edited:

Zariusz

Arbiter
I think i have done everything story related available until now. Onderon was pretty but kinda small and empty, still worse than original vanilla planets, Mek sha was forgetable. Echoes of oblivion was ok but that final scene feels like from some movie finale to long anime series. Dantooine, nothing interesting really. Yeah after KOTET it feels like game budget was cut down. Classic companions are still background characters, there is certain scene that sums it pretty well. When you are entering dark councill room with your companion he/she will be stopped by guards in background, it has that feel "back of you plebian, people like you dont belong here".

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
I think i have done everything story related available until now. Onderon was pretty but kinda small and empty, still worse than original vanilla planets, Mek sha was forgetable. Echoes of oblivion was ok but that final scene feels like from some movie finale to long anime series. Dantooine, nothing interesting really. Yeah after KOTET it feels like game budget was cut down. Classic companions are still background characters, there is certain scene that sums it pretty well. When you are entering dark councill room with your companion he/she will be stopped by guards in background, it has that feel "back of you plebian, people like you dont belong here".
They might have been putting their budget into the next expansion. Bc a lot of changes, namely that Storyline is no longer tied to Class - though it's limited in that the Force classes can play different Force storylines, the Techs can play the other ones. And of course you're stuck with the voice actor for your storyline choice. I think that's a fine addition. Then it looks like they're renovating the "talent trees" and a bunch of other stuff.

I dunno, it seems like sounds like Kira + Scourge have lotta Children of the Emperor stuff coming up, and the Spirit of Vengeance is a usable setup for some Shae Vizla/Mandalorian quests. Not to mention Malgus running around.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Is there any annoying monetization? Like not being able to run without paying for it?
Not that bad. You have a ingame currency cap, inability to hide your headslot, have to pay to respec - mostly cosmetic and convenience. But you do miss out on the expansions.

Except, if you subscribe once you get any expansions that exist. And if you subscribe once you are now a "Preferred Player" so you get a few more inventory slots and convenience.

So basically subscription is.. an interesting way to sell an expansion. lol.

You also can't really do any crafting (no idea how important it is, since I never subcribed) and are limited to human and zabrak (Darth Maul's race) at character creation. But you can buy some of the convenience stuff for credits. And you can get cartel credits monthly by using their 2FA app

Codex Year of the Donut
after kotet they were siphoning devs from swtor to try and fix anthem

Deflowerer

Arcane
Been thinking of trying this out. Do I understand correctly that it's better to just focus on main missions so that content wouldn't be laughably easy vs just being decent?

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Just finished KOTFE Vet mode, I think I was slightly too overgeared but I did have to pay attention for any unique fights. Playing a skank tank Kinetic Shadow full DPS spec except with a shield, which also should be DPS-geared. Put the rest in crit or crit+alacrity. No need for accuracy bc tank discipline. No need for power/endurance/mastery since I'm still doing KOTFE/KOTET.

Also, rank the fuck up my companions because they're a source of DPS too (toggle off their channeled heal so they only use instants and thus shooting in between)

I'm just enjoying the project and cascading debris animation. Except with a class that actually uses the weapon in his hand. And the problem with Infiltration is that it replaces Project with some weird energy shit.

So if you wanna throw shit at enemies while smacking them with a lightsaber every now and then for kicks. (Not to mention Kinetic/Darkness have two strong AOEs.)

Codex Year of the Donut
hate how boring modern MMORPG character statistics/equipment are thanks to copying WoW

BIG NUMBER GO UP WHEEEEEEEEEE

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom