Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starcraft 2 - RPGCODEX / Friend List

RolePlayer

Augur
My character name: Galaxy
My 3 digit code: 102

Got my notepad ready so I can start adding some friends...

1eyedking

Erudite
Hey add people to facebook too!

2.0 gaming, like, sooo connects people.

I mean, really: social networking? In my nerd games?

:what:

Multi-headed Cow

Games aren't for nerds any more. You either have to work to become a normal or an ultranerd and grow a beard and play Dwarf Fortress all day while drinking your own urine.

Monocause

Arcane
Oh dear, cause yeah, the Codex is full of psychos who'll rape your daughter once they know your name. True story, happened to me once.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Mhain said:
Lyric Suite said:
RolePlayer said:
This isn't realID ... this is only character ID

Your real name shows up to people you add as friends.

No, not really.

Is there a way to disable it? I was chatting with a friend ingame and he says he saw my real name. Neither of us used our names to add each other to the list.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Lyric Suite said:
Mhain said:
Lyric Suite said:
RolePlayer said:

No, not really.

Is there a way to disable it? I was chatting with a friend ingame and he says he saw my real name. Neither of us used our names to add each other to the list.

What, you mean Lyric Suite isn't your real name?

1eyedking

Erudite
Multi-headed Cow said:
Games aren't for nerds any more. You either have to work to become a normal or an ultranerd and grow a beard and play Dwarf Fortress all day while drinking your own urine.
You can work and be a nerd in your free time. Or at least you could. Now every time I say I'm an engineer and play 90's games in my spare time people go "Oh like the guys in Big Bang Theory?". That or they ask me "Why play the old ones? They've been releasing 10/10 titles like crazy these last few years, you should try them out!"

I want to kill stuff. IRL.

Mhain

Educated
Lyric Suite said:
Mhain said:
Lyric Suite said:
RolePlayer said:

No, not really.

Unless you add them with their battle.net accounts (e-mails), this should be impossible. At least, that's what Blizzard says.

Multi-headed Cow

1eyedking said:
Multi-headed Cow said:
You can work and be a nerd in your free time. Or at least you could. Now every time I say I'm an engineer and play 90's games in my spare time people go "Oh like the guys in Big Bang Theory?". That or they ask me "Why play the old ones? They've been releasing 10/10 titles like crazy these last few years, you should try them out!"

I want to kill stuff. IRL.
Yeah I wasn't saying you couldn't. That's why I said work TO BECOME a normal. Either that or you need to learn how to stop worrying and love the decline.
dr_strangelove.jpg

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
need to know if it's NA or EU.

WholesaleGenocide

Liturgist
Wholesale

Character code: 725

NA

I already added you, Galaxy -- what the fuck is with the lack of SC2 players?

WholesaleGenocide

Liturgist
Holy fuck Overweight Manatae do you play the game or do you hire some asian automaton to get you achievements all day?

Almost 3000 achievements points.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Okay, so let me get this straight: there's your real ID (your real name or the name you give), and your character ID (whatever you make up) and if you add people via the character IDs they don't see your real one? Also you can make more than one character ID right? And also when I sign in at the beginning of the game it uses my email address - what is that?

WholesaleGenocide

Liturgist
Yeah if you add people via there name + character code, they can't see your real name. You CAN'T, as far as I can tell, make another character ID. You could in the beta, I think, but not anymore. When you sign in the beginning of the game that's just your battle.net account, which is tied to your email address. Now post your account, cocksmoker

*their

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
I don't even want to play SC2 that much. I'm a Zerg player and SC2's Zerg suck. Setting aside balance they're still not fun to play and don't have any fun cool new units. Fuck roaches.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom