Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Completed Starcraft : Brood War LP

Discussion in 'Codex Playground' started by Ninja Destroyer, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Ninja Destroyer Arcane Patron

Ninja Destroyer
    Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Mission II : Into The Flames

Show Spoiler

[​IMG]

[​IMG] :

En Taro Adun, Executor. Your defense of Antioch has restored my faith in the Templar caste.
    I admit that Tassadar's desertion had shaken my faith.

[​IMG] :

Indeed, Aldaris? I would hope that the Judicator would put more faith in their Templar brethren.

[​IMG] :

Tassadar! Where have you been?

[​IMG] :

Be silent, Judicator. There is no time to waste, and I have much to tell you.
    As you know, the Zerg vanished after the fall of the Terran world of Tarsonis, and though the Conclave bid me return home, I was compelled to remain.
    A powerful psionic call drew my attention to a remote, barren world named Char.
    Apparently, the call was answered by others as well.
    For upon Char, I encountered those who were once our brethren - the Dark Templar.

[​IMG] :

Consorting with the Fallen Ones is heresy!

[​IMG] :

Enough! Hear me, Executor, for I have learned much from the Dark Templar Prelate, Zeratul.

The Overmind controls its minions through agents called Cerebrates.
    Strike down the Cerebrates, and the Swarms will surely fall.

[​IMG] :

Executor, Tassadar may be right.
    If you can keep the Zerg occupied, my force may be able to penetrate their perimeter and slay the abomination.

[​IMG] :

I pray we can trust you, Tassadar.
    Already I can sense the taint of the Fallen Ones' influence on your mind.
    You must return to Aiur at once!

[​IMG] :

My concern is for the safety of Aiur, not the judgements of the Conclave.
    I will return when the time is right.

Objectives :
    - Distract the Zerg while Fenix gets into position
    - Kill the Zerg Cerebrate
    - Fenix must survive

[​IMG]

Immediately after we start the mission, the clock starts ticking and we have to build our base and prepare some new Zealots / Dragoons to survive the incoming ambushes from the Zerg, which will become more frequent the closer we will be to the zero on the clock.

[​IMG]

Right now I'm making a pylon and my initial units to the opening.

[​IMG]

Only 6 minutes remaining. I've already made some progress with the base. The photon cannon are great when you engage enemy in battle with your regular ground forces.

[​IMG]

Hydralisks triple drops from Overlords, but that's not a problem for me right now. The worst has been avoided.

[​IMG]

Meanwhile I see that my minerals will be harvested very quickly. I'll make another Gateway, since there needs to be another place with resources.

[​IMG]

Time is over. Fenix is being dropped with some backup, which will be very useful.

[​IMG]

Along with the known one we have 3 Reavers. They are great for destroying Sunken Colonies without being hit. But they need the protection, since they are really slow and can be killed easily if one is not cautious.

[​IMG]

So we basically have forces on east and west parts of the map. I'll start moving up with Fenix.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I spot a mineral field and Hydralisk Den. It will be a perfect target for Reavers.

[​IMG]

Meanwhile I'm moving up to meet Fenix with the other squad.

[​IMG]

Oops, as usual problems. Zealots are always eager to fight but this time they need assistance of Dragoons.

[​IMG]

Reavers are just making a bigg massacre in the base. That's great, but I forgot to make another base for resource gathering.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

On the south I gathered all minerals while leaving the game on it's own to consume some Elex.

[​IMG]

I'm continuing the purging with Reavers Since I have so much to spend.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finally I find a big number of Sunken Colonies with many Overlords floating around. There must be something important here. Something like Cerebrate!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yep, here it is.

[​IMG]

But first I need to destroy last remnants of the Zerg base.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Same goes for the Overlords, who are popping like pinatas thanks to my Dragoons.

[​IMG]

Now it's the time to finally finish the mission with a blast.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fenix stays to see how the Cerebrate will behave. Another victory for Protoss.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
    • Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Darth Roxor Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis

Darth Roxor
    also, 'dragon' and 'dragoon' are not the same things :argh:

• Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. abnaxus Arcane Patron

abnaxus
    Antiprotoss magnetic moment precisely measured

• Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Ninja Destroyer Arcane Patron

Ninja Destroyer
    Mission III : Higher Ground

Show Spoiler

[​IMG]

[​IMG] :

Executor, I bring news most dire.
    The Cerebrate that we thought we had killed has arisen again.
    The creature's battered form was reincarnated, despite the considerable damage we inflicted upon it.
    Even now, the Cerebrate drives its Brood in preparation for their next offensive.

[​IMG] :

It is as I feared.
    It was folly to believe Tassadar could be trusted. The Conclave will not soon forget his wanton betrayal.
    Nevertheless, we must stand resolute. For attacking defenseless Cerebrate is not the way of true Protoss warriors!
    We shall overcome the entire Swarm with the might and the fury that is our heritage!

Executor, we shall lead our main strike force to the province of Scion which has fallen to the Zerg.
    It's time the Zerg felt the wrath of the Sons of Aiur! Praetor Fenix will remain here with a small detachment and guard Antioch from any further assaults.

[​IMG] :

Adun be with you, Executor.
    Bring swift death to the enemies of Aiur.

Objectives :
    - Destroy the Zerg colonies

[​IMG]

We start in the SE part of the map. The base is almost empty, with a couple of pylons and units to help us out with the first attacks. There is a lot of work to do here, so I start digging the resources and preparing for upcoming battle.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now it looks nice. Thank to the new Scout unit I'll be able to search the area without any problems, and with some nice punch as well. I still need to upgrade the ground defense wall in my base though. I don't want any ugly surprises.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well, what do you know. I find another mineral field, just for some extra boost which I will probably need due to the costs of each unit and upgrade.

[​IMG]

A quick scouting reveals the first Zerg base. The Spore Colony and Hydralisk Den are nice targets, but for now I will move up north and see how big the whole place really is.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jackpot, another mineral field. Although it feels too far for me.

[​IMG]

For now, I'm just making a big round scouting to avoid Spore Colonies attack. One air fighter was hit a little by them while moving.

[​IMG]

There is another white Zerg brood here as well directly in the north from our base. Perfect timing for moving out and to make another Nexus.

[​IMG]

Meanwhile I searched as much as I can through air the whole base of red Zerg.

[​IMG]

The Hydralisks are mostly buried in the ground. So while it may look, like there aren't many of them they will start showing when you attack one of the structures.

[​IMG]

Zerg started attacking my workers who I left unattended. Some Zealots will be good for helping them out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm making some Photon Cannon for the upcoming Overlords who will try to dispatch units into this base.

[​IMG]

The main Nexus is being attacked from time to time, but with the numbers of Zealots and Dragoons that I have they aren't really a threat to me.

[​IMG]

I'm preparing to raid the red Zerg.

[​IMG]

The Zealots took some hit due to the Sunken Colonies while being attacked by Hydralisks. Scouts are helping them out later on.

[​IMG]

The last Spore Colony is destroyed by them as well. I rather not put Zealots on the ground here right now for the obvious reasons.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's it. I kill remaining Drones and building to finally exterminate the red brood.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I move the surviving units into another good location for base. It's time to move everything into the North and finish off the easier opponent.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's almost done. Now I need to take the lonely Spore Colony and we are finished here. Scouts took some hit, but it's a given with them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Poor Fenix, he didn't checked his Psi Blades before the mission.

"Oh fuuuck" expression is priceless.

:salute:

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  5. Ninja Destroyer Arcane Patron

Ninja Destroyer
    Mission IV : The Hunt For Tassadar

Show Spoiler

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] :

Executor, I know that you were reluctant to leave Aiur in this dark hour, and that you still grieve for the lost of your comrade, Fenix.
    But remember that he lived and died as a Templar.
    He has reached the Khala's end.
    There is no greater glory than that.

We Judicator are called to look beyond such matters; to ensure the safety and future of our people.
    It is not the Zerg, but the rouge Tassadar, who represents the greatest threat to us now.

If he is allowed to spread the Dark Templar's tainted influence to Aiur, all will be lost.
    We will find him and bring him to judgement.

Tassadar claimed that this world was abandoned by the Zerg just prior to the invasion of Aiur.
    Yet, I still sense a lingering darkness here.
    Be prepared for anything, Executor. If there are still Zerg on this world, then they must surely know of our arrival.

Objectives :
    - Find Tassadar
    - Bring Tassadar to the beacon

[​IMG]

This mission is interesting, because it's divided into two segments. The first one start with our forces being dispatched near the beacon. We must find our way to the base, where Tassadar is.

[​IMG]

Right now we don't have any base and resources, so we must carefully move through the Zerg Sunken Colonies. Plus there are Zerglings / Hydralisks buried beneath them as well. The High Templars, which is available from now can use Psi Storm to kill the big groups of enemies, if we know when to strike. We need to be careful to not use it on our own units. Especially Zealots, who like to rush quickly to the foes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Even with being careful as much as you can, with no shield restoration it is expected to loose someone on the hell road.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finally, we are meeting Tassadar in a small base. Hey, there is a Vulture here as well!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's Jim. It seems that he found it's better to help Tassadar than sit and do nothing but drinking whiskey in a cheap bar.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So we will be taking Tassadar with Jim as well. But not to meet Aldaris and the Council, but to find Dark Templar Zeratul. As the High Templar informs us, we are being surrounded. And he is not kidding. There is a lot of Hydralisks waiting on the path to the beacon. Since I like the challenge, I shall commence the total purging of the red brood here to have a clean path without any complications. But first let's make this base a really big one, with a lots of Photon Cannons while I'll be busy scouting and preparing for the real battle.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's how I like it. I'm making additional High Templars and upgrade them. They will be great for the upcoming combined attacks.

[​IMG]

Like this one for example. Be wary that Zerg like to burrow units up north and they strike in a second. It's good to keep at least one Templar to help Photon Cannons who take the first hit.

[​IMG]

Meanwhile it seems that I'll be having a resources problem soon enough if I don't start acting and searching the big black terra incognita.

[​IMG]

I'll take all my Scouts for a long patrol. I was lucky to spot an Ultralisk and a Zergling, which looks so tiny in comparison. No Hydralisks bodyguards, bad move!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Damn another attack. This one is more intelligent.

[​IMG]

One of the Hydralisks group that we need to kill before we have a safe pass. I have a good idea here. Templar, YES!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A stinking pile of entrails, nice and clean without engaging in combat.

[​IMG]

Judging from the revealed area, the red Zerg musts reside in the north. I'm moving up there.

[​IMG]

A single Spore Colony. Nothing that so much Scouts couldn't handle. The problem lies with the number of Mutalisks who will attack us after that.

[​IMG]

I quickly made a safe pass to the base with scouts, and prepared ground troops for the battle. The Mutalisk group is bigger than it seems on the screen, because they are clipping each other and you don't see a real number of them. They will attack as one once provoked as well. Very nasty.

[​IMG]

The positioning here is important. I destroy the Sunken Colony on the lower right to let of some pressure from Zealots and Dragoons. After that you must be really careful and provoke Mutalisks. Then quickly dispatch Tassadar or High Templar and let him use Psi Storm. The attack will be devastating and the Scouts will be probably engaged in combat "only" with Hydralisks. I move quickly Zealots to help them out. After the onslaught I clear the place from all the Spore Colonies that put pressure on my Scouts.

[​IMG]

All right, we are halfway there. Now we need to hit the core of the base. As usual with Zerg bases, it's good to start from outer ring and destroy every unit and Spore/Sunken Colonies with proper unit.

[​IMG]

Man, that was tough. I loosed many Zealots due to the Ultralisk and Hydralisks residing patiently. Still, it's over for this brood. Now it's time to clean out the remaining structures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Meanwhile I have an encounter with the Hydralisks who were burrowed on the rest of the map. I guess they've decided for the total war option. A couple of photon cannon were destroyed, along with the Dragoons. Vae Victis.

[​IMG]

After that, I'm finishing the business with the red brood. Time to move out with Tassadar and Raynor to the beacon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There were still some remaining Zerglings on the path.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Success. We move out to meet the mysterious Zeratul.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  6. Darth Roxor Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis

Darth Roxor
    Fenix shoulda put more skill points in wrestling

• Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Ninja Destroyer Arcane Patron

Ninja Destroyer
    Mission V : Choosing Sides

Show Spoiler

[​IMG]

[​IMG] :

Executor, by following Tassadar and attempting to rescue the Dark Templar, you have openly defied the will of the Conclave.
    Abandon this mad scheme now, and the Conclave may show you mercy.

[​IMG] :

Don't let him control you, Executor.
    The Judicator have long since steered the actions of the Templar to their own ends.
    It's time we acted of our own accord.

[​IMG] :

Ah, Tassadar, have you fallen so far? To think that you were our brightest hope; our most beloved
    son. Now you are everything that we are not. You are lost to us. Not only have you damned yourself, but you have damned those who have followed you.

[​IMG] :

Such is the price for our race's salvation, Judicator!
    I have been here with the Dark Templar, these last few months.
    While I helped them in their fight against the Zerg, I learned many of their secrets from their Prelate, Zeratul.

Apparently, the energies which empower the Dark Templar also course through the Overmind and its Cerebrates.

[​IMG] :

The same Cerebrate which you told us to destroy.
    Your advice was useless, for the creature was reincarnated before our eyes!

[​IMG] :

Unfortunately, yes. Your attack on the Cerebrate failed because the energies that you wield are useless when used directly against the Overmind and its Cerebrates.
    Only the Dark Templar's power can truly harm the Zerg.
    That is why we must rescue Zeratul and return him to Aiur!

[​IMG] :

You were warned, Executor. The Conclave will not be pleased.

Objectives :
    - Bring Tassadar and two Zealots
    to the installation entrance

[​IMG]

In this mission we need to bring Tassadar with two Zealots. As you can see by looking at the huge map, we will encounter a Zerg forces who will defend the beacon with all they've got. Time to start building up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The south side of the cliff will be constantly raided by Overlords/Mutalisks/Guardians. It's a deadly combination when you don't have a nice Photon Cannon wall and Scouts to kill Guardians.

[​IMG]

I'm starting to search the area for more resources, as the first field of minerals is already depleted.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've build Nexus with some little Photon Cannons numbers and additional land forces just to be safe.

[​IMG]

The Scouts have founded some Terran structures. Provoked, I returned fire. After destroying the turret I was interrupted by General Duke.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The key here is to use the Templar to destroy all the Wraiths who like to rush in a big group after one target. Then it's up to the Scouts to destroy the single Battlecruiser.

[​IMG]

Meanwhile the second Zerg is starting his attacks. This Guardian is out of luck.

[​IMG]

I'm destroying Terran supply depots. I still don't know if there isn't any base hidden here.

[​IMG]

Finally, with having so much resources I can make some Reavers for any unexpected drop into the base.

[​IMG]

The Scouts are moving out with a full force to reveal more of the uncovered area.

[​IMG]

Oops, I need to be careful here.

[​IMG]

Orange brood really likes this spot for dropping Zerglings and Hydralisks. After all, the Photon Cannon wall did the trick. Reavers will be helping with those unexpected guests.

[​IMG]

It seems that the mentioned earlier brood is having a second backup base. A small island with resources. This will be a perfect spot to start invasion.

[​IMG]

Scouts took some first hit, but they've cleaned the shore and I've dropped some Zealots to assist them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All right, that is some good progress we are making.

[​IMG]

The Guardian attacks are combined now with the Overlords trying to dispatch Hydralisks on my new territory.

[​IMG]

After that, I'm destroying the last remnants of Terrans here. I guess they really didn't have anything beside the Duke forces.

[​IMG]

Oh, very nice.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Purple brood has changed the tactics. Now is Mutalisks + Guardians, just as it should be from the beginning. It's time to move up. I'm making the last base where the Terran Supply Depots were built.

[​IMG]

I made some illusions with my High Templars to search the base. It's filled with the Spore / Sunken Colonies. It will be really hard to invade from here.

[​IMG]

Fortunatelly for me, there is a not-so-heavy part in the north that's perfect to start my little invasions. Let's make it a little harder for the Zerg.

[​IMG]

Meanwhile the orange Zerg is making a bigger attack on our island base. This is where making High Templars really pays off.

[​IMG]

With my combined air / ground forces the purple Zerg is finished. He didn't have enough time to prepare for another attack, so I took advantage of this situation.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The upper part with Spore Colonies everywhere is destroyed as well. I could already bring Tassadar to the beacon, but I've got some unfinished business with the Orange brood.

[​IMG]

Time for some payback with a big Photon Cannon numbers injected from rear side of the base. The key is to luring burrowed Hydralisks and use Templars if needed.

[​IMG]

All right, time to move quickly and give a finishing blow to this Zerg as well.

[​IMG]

Total victory. There is nothing else to do than to search the installation with the Tassadar in the upcoming next mission.

[​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Ninja Destroyer Arcane Patron

Ninja Destroyer
    Mission VI : Into The Darkness

Show Spoiler

[​IMG]

[​IMG] :

Executor, I sense that Zeratul and his brethren are close by.
    But I have been unable to make contact with them.
    I fear they may be in grave danger.
    We must scour this area immediately and find the Dark Templar, lest they be overcome by the Zerg.

Objectives :
    - Rescue Zeratul
    - Tassadar must survive

[​IMG]

It's another mission, where we need to be careful with the health of our units, and move carefully while taking any allies that we find.

[​IMG]

Well, it seems that Terrans have been slaughtered here by Zergs. It's only a matter of time when we encounter them.

[​IMG]

First strike, perfect execution.

[​IMG]

Meanwhile some Marine bros survived and they will aid us in finding Zeratul.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's good to use Tassadar in a couple of places. Here there is a couple of Hydralisks beneath.

[​IMG]

I finally found a beacon. Wondering what it will do, I move onto it.

[​IMG]

Great, a small but necessary addition to my little squad.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I heard it. It wasn't so bad...

[​IMG]

Shit! This was a rough moment.

[​IMG]

With minor casualties, I move onward.

[​IMG]

I need to be careful when moving along these walls. The nasty automatic weapons can hurt a lot if they are not destroyed quickly.

[​IMG]

Oh, what's next ? An Ultralisk nest ? Use Tassadar to kill infected Terrans who could one hit kill most of your units. Did I mention that some of them are buried as well ?

[​IMG]

Damn, I need to go back to the one unvisited place here up the north.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Done, the doors are opened.

[​IMG]

A little bit of fog of war, but I can clearly see what's happening here. Psi Storm for our hungry Hydralisks coming up!

[​IMG]

Great, another Terran soldiers. I'll use Ghost to scout the area since no one will detect me inside the installation. Nothing exciting right no...

[​IMG]

:hmmm:

My first reaction:

I've survived with most of the units. But it keeps better. The next room is filled with auto cannons in two rows. Finally after that I've unlocked the last doors in this damned place. I finally meet Zeratul some other Dark Templars.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now we can strike back the Zerg forces with full. The next mission should be interesting.

:avatard:

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  9. Ninja Destroyer Arcane Patron

Ninja Destroyer
    Mission VII : Homeland

Show Spoiler

[​IMG]

[​IMG] :

Greetings Executor! And greetings to you, Tassadar.
    I am overjoyed to see you both return home in this dark hour.
    The Zerg have redoubled their efforts, and it seems-

[​IMG] :

Fenix? It can't be! The Executor told me of how you fell before the Zerg.
    How is it that you live and breathe?

[​IMG] :

Ha hah... Well, after my unfortunate defeat, my ruined body was recovered by our brethren.
    I now reside within the cold, robotic shell of a Dragoon.

[​IMG] :

Old friend-would that this never came to pass...

[​IMG] :

Nonsense! There is no shame in defeat so long as the spirit is unconquered, and I am still able to serve Aiur to a degree.
    But enough of this.

There is much you both need to know. You have been branded as traitors by Aldaris and the Conclave.
    Even now they seek to arrest you and execute the Dark Templar, Zeratul.

[​IMG] :

I never believed that they would go so far.
    In the face of total annihilation they still cing to their failing traditions!

[​IMG] :

Yes, and that makes them all the more dangeours.
    They hunt you even now, Tassadar.
    And though I damn myself by doing so, I shall stand by you till the end.

[​IMG] :

En Taro Adun, noble Fenix.
    Executor, it seems that if our world is to live, we must protect the Dark Templar from our own brethren.
    Although it pains me greatly, not even the Conclave shall stand in our way.

Objectives :
    - Destroy the heart of the Conclave
    - Fenix, Zeratul and Tassadar must
    survive

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

At first I thought that Protoss were uninformed about the Zerg invasion, but right now I was reminded of a great quote from non-interactive medium.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So instead fighting with the Zerg we need to prepare for Protoss attacks. Great!

[​IMG]

What's more enraging is how often we will see something like that. You need to stack up on Zealots / Dragoons / High Templars because there will be Scouts / Carriers raids as well as the more "light" one. Especially the beginning can be tough when you need to expand and at the same time keep the whole perimeter clear. Photon Cannons will be destroyed many times, but IMO it's better than loosing troops with full health.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I finally have almost a whole squad of fully upgraded Scouts to search the area.

[​IMG]

The Dragoons that have attacked me in the beginning are still in place.

[​IMG]

I found another resource field with Vespene Gas as well. What a relief.

[​IMG]

Nobody said it would be easy.

[​IMG]

I'm moving workers to the new place with some Templars as well to keep of the pressure if needed. Dark Templars are good, because most of the time the Observers will come only when you attack someone. And if there is one, the Photon Cannon shoots them real quickly.

[​IMG]

All right, we are safe here, but I need to make more progress with my mission.

[​IMG]

A little diversion with a mixed forces and some Photon Cannons will help me out to clean the eastern grounds, which have high number of Dragoons.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finally, after playing cat and mouse with Dragoons, I unleash Scouts and Zealots. There is a lot of structures here in a big wide open space. Many Gateways as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thankfully, right now we need to deal only with Zealots and workers. Zealots are returning to the safety, and I continue the idiotic onslaught.

[​IMG]

Fuck, those Arbiters. Why did they have to be Arbiters ? I'm starting to move into the big base. Photon Cannons aren't are real threat, so I keep doing the same thing as before.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dark Templars are used mainly for destroying the building with their highly effective warp blades. You can see an observer just in the south. I destroy it to avoid unnecessary detection. I'm making here another stand with my forces, and building as well a Photon Cannon shield to help them survive.

[​IMG]

After destroying a Nexus it's finally over. But not the way it was intended. Instead, Tassadar surrenders. Great, maybe you should do this in the beginning ?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What a waste of lives and time.

[​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  10. Darth Roxor Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis

Darth Roxor
    "My actions brought the zerg to Aiur

given the same choices again, I would surely have made them"

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Ninja Destroyer Arcane Patron

Ninja Destroyer
    Mission VIII : The Trial Of Tassadar

Show Spoiler

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] :

En Taro Adun, Executor.
    All seems lost now, but still we must fight on.
    We must find Tassadar and secure his release from the Judicator before they can execute him for treason.
    Without him, I fear there is no way to defeat the Zerg and their Overmind.

Zeratul and his Dark Templar have vanished, leaving us to fend for ourselves.
    I wonder if Tassadar was mistaken to have put his trust in them.
    We are receiving a transmission from Captain Raynor's command ship.

[​IMG] :

This is Raynor. I'd like to help if I can.
    Tassadar laid it on the line for me and my crew on Char.
    I'd like to repay the debt. Besides, I'm a long way from home, surrounded by hostile aliens.
    I've got to do something.

[​IMG] :

Than you shall, bold human. You shall.

[​IMG]

So Tassadar gave up, and now we have to free him. We've got Jim and Fenix as two heroes available through the whole mission. Plus, we start with a nice Carrier. Let's start build our defences. The attacks start really quick and you need to be prepare for them. It's good to make Photon Cannons, because they often are behaving like an invisible walls for upcoming Zealots and Dragoons who try to enter to the base as quickly as they can.

[​IMG]

Jim here is an excellent help. His Yamato Gun should be used constantly for the Photon Cannons in between upgrading and preparing for the counterattack.

[​IMG]

This is more like it. I'm making some Scouts as well, as the bodyguards of the Carriers who will be the power horses during the late phase of the whole operation.

[​IMG]

Jim is destroying Photon Cannons just like it was planned.

[​IMG]

The main base takes some hits from time to time. The Photon Cannons are paying off here. Engage with Zealots if needed, but keep them close to you cannons.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm constructing additional Carriers.

[​IMG]

Meanwhile Scouts are finishing the small base in the south. After that is cleaning time, since it's a perfect place to make a new Nexus, some batteries to charge my ships and it shortens the distance from the enemy.

[​IMG]

Jim has a new place to play with his Battlecruiser. I need to be careful though, there is no SCV to repair him, so he should be still kept more in the back.

[​IMG]

Meanwhile my Carrier trio has found a rather nasty surprise crawling to my base. Gotcha!

[​IMG]

I destroyed all Photon Cannons in the second small base. Since there are only Reavers and Zealots left there is only way to end this.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The final remnants of the base are destroyed.

[​IMG]

All right. It's time to search the rest of the area and find the location of Tassadar.

[​IMG]

Nice. A small higher place with just two Dragoons and resources to gather.

[​IMG]

But I'm concentrating my attack first on another place. A small place with huge numbers of buildings and Photon Cannons with a Nexus. It's a good idea to cut of this Tribe out of the money support. The key here is to navigate with Jim and Carriers, while watching out for the Dragoons, Scouts and last but not least - High Templars. They can destroy your fleet really quickly. The river is a great place to wait up until the ground units return to their original position. If needed, I'm restoring the shields with the dozens of Batteries that I've made in the second base. That is a great place for these kind of strategy. After destroying all the structures, I'm making a huge raid with Observers that reveal the second, even larger base.

[​IMG]

Back where I've spotted two Dragoons, I'm moving south and unleash the 6 pack of fully upgraded Carriers. The Scouts are helping out if they spot one of their own. The great thing about them, is that the Photon Cannons concentrate their fire on Interceptors. Even if we loose them, we can just build another one.

[​IMG]

I've found the Stasis Cell with Tassadar.

[​IMG]

The base is huge, and still some parts of them are operative but after destroying it partially I had enough.

[​IMG]

After we destroy the cell, Aldaris shows up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Zeratul is a true bro and helps Tassadar. Enough of the brother vs brother war. Let's put some pressure on Zerg!

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  12. Ninja Destroyer Arcane Patron

Ninja Destroyer
    Mission IX : Shadow Hunters

Show Spoiler

[​IMG]

[​IMG] :

En Taro Adun Executor! My gratitude to you, for having secured my release, knows no bounds.
    By all the gods, we may win yet!
    The time has come to let loose the fury of the Dark Templar.
    Zeratul, perhaps the time has come to tell our friends of the foe we face.

[​IMG] :

Indeed. When I slew the Cerebrate on Char, I touched briefly with the essence of the Overmind.
    In that instant, my mind was filled with its thoughts, and I tell you now our worst fears have come true.

The Zerg were indeed created by the ancient Xel'Naga, the same beings that empowered us in our infancy.
    But the Overmind grew beyond their constraints and has at last come to finish the experiments they began so long ago.

[​IMG] :

So you see my friends, we fight not only to save Aiur, but all creation!
    If we fall to the Zerg then the Overmind will run rampant throughout the stars, consuming all sentience-all life.
    It is up to us to put and end to this madness, once and for all.

[​IMG] :

Our forces shall engage the primary Zerg Hive clusters in an attempt to weaken their defenses.
    Once their numbers have thinned out, Zeratul and his companions can infiltrate the clusters and assassinate the Cerebrates.
    Adun willing, the Cerebrates' deaths will distract the Overmind long enough for us to assault it directly.

Objectives :
    - Use Zeratul to destroy the Zerg Cerebrates
    - Zeratul and Fenix must survive

[​IMG]

Finally after butchering our own comrades we are dropped into the Zerg territory. Zeratul and Fenix will assist us in this mission. We still don't know when there are any resources which I could start harvesting. I'm moving east, and after a quick moment I see it.

[​IMG]

Workers started making the base structures. Here, I'm making additional pylons for extra slots and to make Photon Cannons for upcoming Mutalisk / Overlord attack and to assist ground forces.

[​IMG]

Arbiter is very helpful, especially in the beginning. Keeping him under gives invisibility to the troops. Zergs like to attack Photon Cannons first, and with the ground attacks the Overlord is usually dispatched after the enemy is attacked by someone who can't be seen. Also, making it more hard to move towards our base, something like a very narrow corridor give us an extra point since Hydralisks / Zerglings can't move in big numbers forward.

[​IMG]

With this kind of barricade I can easily start scouting the area. I've already used Zeratul to search the western lower part of the region to discover resources. There is a left and right uppers sides, which are creating a canyon so most of the work will be done by the Scouts and Carriers. Zealots and Dragons will be guarding the entrance to the base to keep it safe.

[​IMG]

The center part, which is accessible on foot has some Sunken Colonies. The good thing is that there isn't any Spore ones, who could detect Zeratul. He has a great damage per hit so using him is an obvious choice.

[​IMG]

All right, the lower center is clean. I've made a second base on the western side. After that I'll make an extra Nexus just for the Vespene Gase that's on the right.

[​IMG]

Meanwhile I use Zeratul to scout the upper part, since it's so close to the new base. Sunken Colonies are here as well. But you need to be more careful, since Overlords react really quickly if you kill and borrowed units. Thankfully, Zeratul has a huge shield, so he is safe right now. Of course it's good to make extra Shield Batteries for him and other units who consume much energy.

[​IMG]

I'm finishing here my business.

[​IMG]

Oops, not so fast. Let's move out with Zeratul for now. At least I know what red Zerg is preparing for me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

On the right upper side here as well there are Sunken Colonies, plus Spore ones. They are guarded by borrowed Zerglings / Hydralisks. But since they aren't big in numbers, I easily killed them before cleaning this section.

[​IMG]

Last possible Nexus, for a very rich Vespene Gas point. I'm dividing the attention of the Zerg broods and see how it goes.

[​IMG]

The brown one is stubborn, and will always send ground packs. They are more frequent than in previous missions so I need to watch out and coordinate the defence on my own for the 100 % effectiveness.

[​IMG]

Meanwhile the red Zerg took the bait. Zeratul helped to kill the Ultralisk who was rushing towards. The Overlord is too late to save him. It's good to keep Zeratul here to assist Photon Cannons, and Fenix in the first base.

[​IMG]

Last extra Nexus and the Photon Cannons which will took any airborne support who will try to defend the first, small base of the red Brood, which will I attack.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

With 12 Scouts and 5 Carriers fully packed I'm ready to roll and start purging!

[​IMG]

Much better.

[​IMG]

Here my Carriers interrupted Guardians who were moving towards the last base to attack me. There is a lots of Colonies to destroy, but with proper pacing the damage will be minimal.

[​IMG]

I've moved Observers to spot the underground units. Carriers are destroying everything on their own. I'm just navigating the Scout squad to kill single targets if necessary.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now there is only silence. We still have much work to do!

[​IMG]

With 2 additional Carriers I'm unstoppable right now. Everything is dying before the enemy can react.

[​IMG]

I'm moving up north to the place, where the Cerebrate is. Since I need Zeratul to finish the job, I kill everything else to make it easier to navigate.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last, but not least - the White brood. They have a lots of Spore / Sunken Colonies but their military strenght is limited.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

While the Zergs are almost finished here, I can easily take Zeratul on a fast journey to each Cerebrate, so they can receive the final blows.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Coming up next, the last mission of the Protoss, and the conclusion to the whole campaign.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  13. Ninja Destroyer Arcane Patron

Ninja Destroyer
    Mission X : Eye of the Storm

Show Spoiler

[​IMG]

[​IMG] :

Executor, our plan worked perfectly.
    The Zerg defenses are broken, and the way to the Overmind is laid bare!
    The time for our stand has come.

[​IMG] :

Indeed. My friends, this is our final hour.
    Not all of us may survive the coming conflict.
    Yet, death may be a blessing should we fail here.
    We seek now to destroy a foe that has ravaged its way across the universe consuming all in its path.

And now it has reached the end of its long journey.
    The Overmind has come to destroy all that we hold dear and assimilate us into itself.
    And I say to thee, this shall not come to pass! Aiur shall not fall! Executor, I stand ready!

[​IMG] :

As do I.

[​IMG] :

Well, I guess all I have left is to see this through.
    The Zerg have taken everything from me: my home, my family, my friends.
    I know that nothing I do can bring those things back, but I'll be damned if I just sit on my hands and wait for the end.
    I want a piece of 'em, all right. I'm in.

[​IMG] :

Then let our actions speak for us! For Adun! For Aiur!

[​IMG]

So this is it. A final showdown with the Zerg. Aldaris finally is reasonable and wishes us good luck.

[​IMG]

No luck Jim, apart from the moral support of course, which is always priceless. But at least we've got combined Protoss and Terran forces that we can unleash on the Zergs. While Terrans have a many minerals to gather, Protoss have mostly Vespene Gas. You need to balance between both of the factions. Before I start I need to really vent off and say that it was a fucking yuge battle. The difficulty spike is way higher than any mission before, and the Zerg are attacking almost constantly. And if you provoke them, then you better prepare you anus, there will be no lube! First thing first - Terrans need to defend themselves from upcoming raids, and Protoss should invest in Photon Cannons , and build a small fleet. You will be constantly attacked by Mutalisks / Guardians. Plus something extra that will be mentioned later on...

[​IMG]

Jim has an advantage since Terrans can make most of the defences only with minerals. I'm making bunkers, Engineering Bay and Turrets for the beginner mode defence.

[​IMG]

It's good to have Jim because the Guardians will start attacking your turrets and bunkers very often. Scaring them off and sacrificing some marines in the process is the only strategy for now. I'll need to make some Wraiths because they are very good for quick search and destroy tasks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Protoss have also Zeratul and Dark Templars that can help with the ground attacks. Just don't let them wander of the safe spots.

[​IMG]

I'm using the Comsat Station to randomly pick up the spots of the Red brood base. Judging from the size this will be a tough nut to crack.

[​IMG]

Damn. Ultralisks attack. I need to start the tank production ASAP.

[​IMG]

Meanwhile, Tassadar assists Scouts during the one of many Mutalisks raids. Terrans are preparing the ultimate combo - full squad of Wraiths, lots of Tanks (there are 3 open paths to our base, so it's good to divide them, but keep most of the force in the southern one).

[​IMG]

This may look like a good defence grid, but we still need to be careful. Science Vessels are a must here. They will scout the area, and make Tanks more effective. They can also use Defense Matrix and Irradiate (which is great for a pack of flying units). Plus one more thing....

[​IMG]

:despair:

Ultralisks upgraded to the max, coming in a big packs to your base. This is why it's important to have a small fleet, especially for Protoss who is also constantly attacked via air.

[​IMG]

I'm preparing the small force here. While I'm tempted, it would be a suicide. Zergs are producing Scourge in a huge numbers, and if you attack by air they will raid your position and finish them quickly. There is a minerals / Vespene Gas nearby and I made a second defence buffer since I'm making a base as well. While having both Protoss and Terrans has many advantages, you will need a lot of resources to be able to move onward in this mission.

[​IMG]

I've made a mix here. Turrets are helping killing Queens, which will try to destroy Tanks via "Spawn Broodling" ability. They will also counterattack Overlords and Mutalisks. Scouts here will help with the Guardians. As you can see there is a safe air corridor which I'm using through the whole mission. Without that it would be a suicide to move with Protoss air units.

[​IMG]

Keeping Science Vessel in that position is the best approach. The lower part with the Hive is stacked with burrowed Hydralisks. My Tanks are just keeping shooting and killing them but they just move on and on. They are still coming up the hill so be cautious. Plus of course he sends the Ultralisks and the whole flotilla all the time while being attacked. I need to be careful and keep Wraiths / Scouts on hold because they tend to behave like idiots and attack something solo in the middle of enemy base. My fucking nerves!

[​IMG]

I've destroyed some buildings, while repairing and sending new Tanks that were destroyed. Making bunkers seems to be a good choice as well, since the attacks have stopped right now.

[​IMG]

I move SCV's to new base. While initially I thought it was a good spot for Command Center, I had to move it really quickly. Ultralisks, Ultralisks never change.

[​IMG]

While the western cliff is important, I used the northern spot as well to "shrink" the base of the red Brood. He is making new units non-stop, so destroying at least one sub-base and the Hive is a plus for me.

[​IMG]

The violet Brood sends constantly Hydralisks via Overlords.

[​IMG]

Here is much better place to set up the base. I've made the bunker on the left plus some tanks to deal with the Ultralisks. Sadly my Scouts are in tragic state, as I can't repair them as Wraiths.

[​IMG]

Tassadar and a couple of other Carriers will be defending the Protoss base from now on. Later on they will be used for more active role.

[​IMG]

I'm preparing a little raid after massacre of the Scourge and Mutalisks to finish off the northern part of the red Zerg base.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After quick raid on the Violet brood I quickly move backward. It's a yuge base, and he has Defilers which could really turn this whole thing into a massacre really quick. Abort, abort !

[​IMG]

Phew, just in time. Eat this, you suicidal bats!

[​IMG]

I still have some extra Vespene gas for repairs and units. Very good.

[​IMG]

I'm moving outside the safe zone. This is a new perimeter. I'm constantly attack right now by the Violet brood with all they've got. I finally have some Battlecruiser little armada with Jim as a leader. Fuck yeah!

[​IMG]

:abyssgazer:

Combined Zerg forces are now attacking non stop with full force. I'm repairing the Battlecruisers and Tanks as quickly as possible but I know I need to move my ass or else I will loose this battle. Because I don't have any more mineral fields. What the hell I've done.

[​IMG]

Tassadar and Carriers are irritiating the red brood. I quickly destroy as much as I can. In return he delivers to my base a pack of Ultralisks/Guardians/Mutalisks and Defilers. The Defilers turn most of my Photon Cannons into a junk that can be destroyed with a touch. Protoss base is smaller, and lost some units but I'm so short on minerals that I just want Zeratul and Tassadar to survive this whole thing. Nothing else.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After that I'm moving every flying unit on the North. It's do or die moment. All the Tanks that were defending the new base are moving on as well. It's now or never. Total WAR ! Tassadar mows through the south which is less crowded thanks to the Terrans moving in.

[​IMG]

Suddenly everything stops, and we are being interrupted by Tassadar, who is fighting with his Carriers on the south part.

[​IMG]

Tassadar at the end kills the Overmind sacrificing his own life. May Adun watch over you.

At the end I've got over 1000 kills, absolute madness with a constant attacks signals, building, repairing, and keeping the whole operation not falling apart. There were some great moments were there is a feeling of fighting a huge war with Hydralisks and Ultralisks just coming in a constant waves, one after another. Not to mention the huge Mutalisks swarms and Scourge, which will always put fear into me while I'm navigating with my air units. This mission is a perfect conclusion and it will make your blood boiling.

Thanks for all the brofists / parrots and see you next time!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

To be continued

• Salute Salute x 4
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  14. Ninja Destroyer Arcane Patron

Ninja Destroyer
    Starcraft : Brood War

• Excited! Excited! x 2
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Storyfag Perfidious Pole Patron

Storyfag
    UED :love:

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    ^ Top  
  16. Ninja Destroyer Arcane Patron

Ninja Destroyer
    Protoss Campaign

[​IMG]

Mission I : The Stand

Show Spoiler

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] :

Greetings, Executor.
    Though we all grieve for the loss of mighty Tassadar, we must find the resolve to carry on.
    He sacrified himself to destroy the Overmind, but many Zerg still rage across our ruined homeworld.
    Without the Conclave to lead us, or the protection of our great fleets, it seems we must fend for ourselves.

[​IMG] :

Aldaris is correct, Executor.
    As we have both seen, the Zerg will not halt their rampage until every last one of us is dead.
    I suggest that we retreat to our last functional warp gate and travel to where the Zerg cannot follow us.

[​IMG] :

With all due respect, Zeratul, the Protoss do not run from their enemies.
    Aiur is our homeworld. It is here that we shall make our stand!

[​IMG] :

Just as your Conclave did? They are dead now, Aldaris, dead because they allowed their pride to blind their reason.
    Only if we learn from their mistake can we live to avenge them.
    Now, Executor, I know of a place where we can find solace.
    It is Shakuras, the secret homeworld of my people the Dark Templar.

[​IMG] :

Your people? We would be seen as tyrants to them! Why would they shelter us?

[​IMG] :

Have I not pledged myself to your cause?
    Not all beings are as unforgiving as your lamented Conclave, Aldaris.

[​IMG] :

You are right, of course.
    Executor, Zeratul shall find us passage to the warp gate.
    After the gate has been secured, Fenix anf the new Praetor Artanis shall lead our surviving brethren to Shakuras.

[​IMG] :

Executor, I am Artanis.
    Though I have only recently been appointed Praetor, you can trust that I will uphold the honor and traditions of the Templar.

[​IMG] :

We shall see.

[​IMG] :

Hey, boys, mind if we tag along?
    I figure headin' anywhere's got to be better than stayin' here with the Zerg!

[​IMG] :

Commander Raynor.
    As ever, your assistance is appreciated. We would be honored if you joined us.

Objectives :
    - Bring Zeratul to the warp gate
    - Zeratul must survive

[​IMG]

We start the mission with Zeratul leading a small group of soldiers along. As you can already see this is another mission, where we need to be careful with attacking the Zergs here, as we don't have any resources and need to watch out where and how fast we are moving towards the goal.

[​IMG]

Zeratul gives a really good advice. If you see a Nydus Canal, you need to destroy it asap because Zerglings and Hydralisks will pour into your position and you are really outnumbered.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After some time we finally meet a friendly Zealot who leads us into a bigger battle up ahead.

[​IMG]

:neveraskedforthis:

No matter how good you are, you will loose most of your soldiers, even with the extra Zealots who are fighting with you. I'm just keeping Zeratul safe and want to move on.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finally I met another abandoned group of Dragoons and Zealots. There is a lot of commotion going in the air, the Scourge patrols are everywhere, Overlords as well.

[​IMG]

I better destroy Ultralisk Den since it's on my way.

[​IMG]

:negative:

The memories of last mission in the base game are coming back. Thankfully there is no Overlord here so Zeratul is a big help here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:argh:

This is really getting annoying. Time to quickly move on.

[​IMG]

Finally, a remnants of a base. We've got here additional group of Zealots / Dragoons plus two High Templars and Archon. Templars will be used for crowd control as usual and Archon will be dealing a nice damage while having a huge shield that I'll be restoring with Shield Batteries.

[​IMG]

Another Nydus Canal, which is guarded by many Hydralisks burrowed below. I quickly dispose of them and destroy the canal on my side.

[​IMG]

Ok, a good point to regroup and start moving the final mile to the Warp Gate.

[​IMG]

After destroying some of the borrowed enemies, I blast the rest with Psi Storms.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's much easier not having to deal with Ultralisks. I took some hit due to the sheer numbers of burrowed Hydralisks and Zerglings, but it's almost over and I feel relieved.

[​IMG]

Success!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fenix and Jim leave behind to help Zeratul.

After we are swarmed with the Zerglings Zeratul evacutes to Shakuras. It will be interesting to see how it goes from here. This was a good start, as we are familiar with all the units, but we don't need to build the base but use all the tricks that we already know.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  17. Darth Roxor Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis

Darth Roxor
    artanis is[​IMG] fabulously optimistic as hell

• Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 2
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Ninja Destroyer Arcane Patron

Ninja Destroyer
    Mission II : Dunes of Shakuras

Show Spoiler

[​IMG]

[​IMG] :

En Taro Tassadar, Executor. The survivors from Aiur have made it safely through the gate.
    Yet, amidst the chaos of our retreat we lost contact with Fenix and Raynor.
    I fear that they may have been overrun by the Zerg.

[​IMG] :

Fear not, Artanis. Fenix is as stalwart a warrior as I have ever known, and the Terran Raynor has proven himself to be highly resourceful in the past.
    I for one believe that they made it here safely. But while we wait for word from them, we must reconnoiter the surrounding area and find a suitable location for a more premanent settlement. Once we're situated we can begin to search for the Dark Templar.

Objectives :
    - Establish a base and find the Dark Templar

[​IMG]

We start the mission with only a couple of Zealots and workers.

[​IMG]

Time to wait for the buildings being warped in...

[​IMG]

Not long after that we encounter Zerglings.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And after that a group of Hydralisks. Thankfully we meet Dark Templars.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After this we can finally start building our base. The most important thing is to remember to secure the northern part and the south entrance. I was most of the time attacked through the latter, which I can defend without any problems thanks to the Photon Cannons combined with the ground forces.

[​IMG]

These attacks will be frequent, so it's a good idea to keep Dark Templars near the cannons. The will attack anyone with quick reaction and high damage, and Overlords are usually dispatched after you attack something. As a bonus, you block the oncoming forces in this tight spot without sacrificing any Zealots / Dragoons.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After I researched Observers I attack the Sunken and Creep Colonies with Dark Templars, as they won't be discovered by missing Spore Colonies.

[​IMG]

Same goes for the southern west colonies.

[​IMG]

I find another good backup base with resources. It seems that the Orange brood left someone to guard it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Meanwhile the Zerg coordinated another attack. Some of the Photon Cannons were destroyed in the process. Zealots quickly killed the nasty Hydralisks pack.

[​IMG]

After quick fight I can gather more resource while being closer to the enemy...

[​IMG]

I'm moving with Scouts to see how big the base really is. I use Observers as well.

[​IMG]

I make a small perimeter with Photon Cannons and Battery Shields for quick air raids. I destroy some of the building during this task.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Zerg is really pissed right now and he is sending the ground forces to engage in combat with me. Overlords were blocked due to the cannons and Scouts.

[​IMG]

High Templar finishes quickly the futile attempt at counterattacking my positions.

[​IMG]

O tale a group of Zealots, Dragoons and Dark Templars to assist Scouts in the final battle.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finally, last structure has been destroyed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jim and Fenix stay behind to shut the gate down. We will be meeting the Matriarch in New Antioch to learn more about the situation on Shakuras.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  19. Darth Roxor Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis

Darth Roxor
    so they first move through the warp gate and then it turns out later that the warp gate is zerg'd? :philosoraptor:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Ninja Destroyer Arcane Patron

Ninja Destroyer
    Mission III : Legacy of the Xel'Naga

Show Spoiler

[​IMG]

[​IMG] :

I am Raszagal, Matriarch of the Dark Templar, and I welcome you and your companions to our world.
    Zeratul has informed me of the fall of Aiur, and I am deeply grieved.
    I am one of the few Dark Templar old enough to remember our ancestral home with clarity.
    Yet, no matter how tragic the circumstances, it is clear that fortune has reunited our people.

We Dark Templar will never forget our banishment from Aiur, nor the Conclave's sins against us.
    But you and your companions are no longer of the Conclave. The example set by your fallen hero, Tassadar, has shown you that when the light and
    dark sides of our energies are united, our power is undeniable.

[​IMG] :

But Matriarch, the Zerg who have followed us here are unlike any enemy the Protoss are ever known!

[​IMG] :

You speak the truth, Judicator.
    And yet, there lies a dormant power here that can help us to scour the Zerg from Shakuras forever.
    Long ago, we Dark Templar were a nomadic people. But when we found a remarkable monument upon this world, we decided to remain here to study it.
    We discovered that the enormous structure is actually an ancient Xel'Naga temple, dedicated to the race that sired us all.
    The Temple is situated above a nexus of powerful cosmic energies. If we were to access those energies...

[​IMG] :

Then we should strike now while the Zerg still muster their forces!

[​IMG] :

Alas, we cannot. In order to properly channel the energies of the Temple, we will need the twin crystals, Uraj and Khalis, that legends say were separated many ages ago. The Uraj is laced with pure Templar energies, while the Khalis is comprised of Dark Templar energy.
    Only by using these two crystals in unison, can we hope to channel the potent energies of the Temple.

[​IMG] :

Then it is clear that we must retrieve these crystals wherever they may be.

[​IMG] :

Agreed. But first, we must deal with the Zerg and their two Cerebrates who have already taken up station around the Temple itself.
    To arms, my children! Scour the Temple grounds of this foul infestation!

Objectives :
    - Destroy the Zerg cerebrates

[​IMG]

We start the mission in a small base on the east side of the map.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here, we are introduced to the first new unit available in the expansions - Corsair. While he can only shoot air targets, his power that makes Spore/Sunken Colonies passive for a short time makes them a really useful addition to the normal Scouts / Carrier duo. Their great speed will be useful for killing Overlords and Guardians.

[​IMG]

All right, I can easily predict now where the Cerebrates are located. I'm building a massive PC defense in my main base to avoid further Overlord raids.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My Observers made a reconnaissance, and I quickly realized that the orange Brood has lots of Spore Colonies. It's easier to continue pulling into the enemy territory through the south west, where the Purple brood is located.

[​IMG]

I'm moving the workers to the location liberated in the beginning from the Zerg.

[​IMG]

I'm building the defense on the south to avoid Overlord raids as well. Both broods are sending them constantly, so it's good to keep Photon Cannons and use Corsairs and Scouts for the assist.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All right, I'm now moving more into the purple Zerg base. Spore Colonies aren't that high in numbers here, so I'll have no big problem.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Only two Scouts have been damaged, but considering the size of the whole bases merged together it's nothing. I continue the onslaught.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Since the Orange Brood has many Hydralisks burrowed it's better to use Reaver here. He will destroy remaining creep colonies as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dark Templars are killing the remaining Cerebrate. Mission completed...

[​IMG]

But wait, what's this ?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A plot twist! Let's see in the next mission what is Kerrigan referring to.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  21. Darth Roxor Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis

Darth Roxor
  22. Ninja Destroyer Arcane Patron

Ninja Destroyer
    Mission IV : The Quest For Uraj

Show Spoiler

[​IMG]

[​IMG] :

Now then, Kerrigan. Perhaps you had best explain yourself. What is this news you've come to give?

[​IMG] :

There is a new Overmind growing on Char.

[​IMG] :

What? Impossible! Why should we believe anything you have to say?

[​IMG] :

Because, Zeratul, I'm no longer the mindless murderess whom you fought on Char.
    The Overmind is dead.
    Whatever warped control it once had over me is gone. I know that this is a lot to take in all at once, but you've got to believe me!
    There's more at a stake here than-

[​IMG] :

She lies! She is infested to the core! I for one will not listen to any of this-

[​IMG] :

Silence, Judicator. Continue, Kerrigan.

[​IMG] :

Apparently, many of the renegade Cerebrates, commanded by Daggoth, have merged into a new Overmind.
    Fortunately, the creature is still in its infant stages. It can't control the Swarm yet, but Daggoth and the others still have control over
    most of the Broods. The two Cerebrates you killed here were part of Daggoth's forces.

Look, I don't need to tell you all what might happen if that thing reaches maturity.
    I can guarantee you that should it awaken, it'll take full control of me just like it did before.
    I don't want that to happen, and I'm pretty sure you don't want it to happen either.

[​IMG] :

Even if what you say is true, our priority is to save this world, not assault the new Overmind!
    We must find the crystals Uraj and Khalis before we are all vanquished.

[​IMG] :

Then I'll help you with your search. If you can defeat the renegade Zerg gathered here, it'll weaken the efforts of Daggoth and his ilk.

[​IMG] :

My children, you must put aside your fears and misgivings to accomplish what must be done.
    For the time being, Kerrigan will assist you in your endeavors. Though she has been your enemy, it is enough that we share the same agenda now.
    Allow her time enough to prove herself to you, and you may find her to be valued ally.
    For now, you must focus on the task at hand. Search for the Uraj on the planet Braxis, and let nothing stop you from recovering it.

[​IMG] :

We will do what you ask, Matriarch. But you cannot expect us to forgive Kerrigan's crimes against our race!
    Executor, prepare our forces. We shall debark for the planet Braxis before the next moonrise.

Objectives :
    - Bring Kerrigan to the Uraj crystal
    - Kerrigan must survive

:what:

As much as I hated Aldaris before for his stupid decision, I have to admit that my first reaction was WTF ? Kerrigan is planning something in the long run. Whatever, I'm going to take the Uraj crystal as instructed.

[​IMG]

The mission starts with the small forces being deployed on the northern patch of the snowy Uraj planet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

White subtitles on white snow, genius !

[​IMG]

The Reavers are finishing cleaning this base.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's time to gain power and build a solid Protoss base that can reap through the Terran forces in this sector.

[​IMG]

It's good idea to keep at least two Reavers "active" and help the Photon Cannons with the ground troops being sent.

[​IMG]

In addition, Dark Templars can be also recruited. With their excellent damage and invisibility they will make a great support for Zealots.

[​IMG]

I dispatch a single Reaver to destroy the nearest bunkers.

[​IMG]

After that I use Dark Templars to destroy the Command Center here. The funny thing is, if you don't attack any unit, the enemy won't be trying to detect you.

[​IMG]

Oops, it's good to use Observers from time to time. I don't like lone Ghosts being near my base...

[​IMG]

Time to move on and claim the remaining resources here. I move with Zealots and Dragoons to clean this place.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After some time I have another great place that can be easily defended and can make even more units.

[​IMG]

I move with Observers in other directions to see how the map looks, and to decide where to attack next.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All right, this seems to be a good start. The bunker plus some units and Barracks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I destroy the small outpost with Factory and Supply depots on the south west as well.

[​IMG]

Meanwhile the Zealots and Reaver are defending the yuge wall of Photon Cannons.

[​IMG]

I move some Zealots to another small outpost. I want to concentrate on the huge main base after that.

[​IMG]

It was a perfect timing. The Terran forces are small in numbers and he used most of the troops in the earlier attacks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Quality, not quantity. Protoss forces destroyed all of the Terran presence here. Now it's time for Kerrigan to take the Uraj crystal.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  23. Ninja Destroyer Arcane Patron

Ninja Destroyer
    Mission V : The Battle Of Braxis

Show Spoiler

[​IMG]

[​IMG] :

Executor! Our sensors have just identified a large group of Terran vessels.
    However, their configuration profile is unlike any Terran group yet encountered.
    We are receiving a transmission from the fleet's command ship, identifying itself as the Aleksander.

[​IMG] :

Protoss Commander, I am Admiral Alexei Stukov of the United Earth Directorate.
    We are here to take control of the Terran Dominion and all of its outlying colonies.
    You are in direct violation of Terran space and have openly attacked Terran troops.
    Lower your shields and power down your weapon systems.
    The UED will be taking custody of your ships and whatever spoils you have garnered from this planet.

[​IMG] :

United Earth Directorate? Raynor spoke of the distant Terran homeworld called Earth.
    These humans have come a long way to make war on us.

[​IMG] :

Have faith, Zeratul! You almost sound as if you fear these humans.
    What are they to such as we? Was it not we who defeated the dreaded Overmind?

[​IMG] :

Yes, Artanis. We did vanquish the Overmind. But we did so with the help of humans. Do not be so quick to underestimate them.

[​IMG] :

Of course. Executor, I shall test the mettle of these humans by scouting ahead of your ships, and finding a way through this blockade!

En Taro Tassadar!

Objectives :
    - Destroy all power generators to pierce the UED blockade
    - Artanis must survive

[​IMG]

Another mission, in which we need to carefully use our forces to finish the mission successfully. We start with a small forces being deployed by Shuttles to the remote space installation. My Zealots are warming up by destroying the turret. Artanis is available, and his Scout is way better than the ones we can produce.

[​IMG]

What we learn from this mission, is that Dragoons can shoot in a really long distance if they have a good line of sight. Using Observers for best efficiency is a must.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finally with only two Dragoons I destroy the first Power Generator.

[​IMG]

That's great, because I'm not being forced to manually destroy every turret to move with air units.

[​IMG]

After the turrets are disabled I drop Dark Templars to finish off the marines and firebats in the bunkers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oops, I forgot about Science Vessels. Since there is no Comsat Stations this is the only way the Terran will detect your invisible units, apart from the turrets of course.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My Dragoons are making the safe spot for Scouts and Shuttles.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Using the bait tactic, I move my Scouts with Artanis and destroy both Wraiths without any problems.

[​IMG]

After that I just use Artanis to destroy another Power Generator. As you can see, this is a tight spot and it's safer to just pick up one air fighter to deal with the generator. And since we've got Artanis... The rest is obvious.

[​IMG]

Good, good <rubs hands>

[​IMG]

Hmm, bad idea. I need to use Shuttles here.

[​IMG]

Dragoons are doing what they were built for here. They are very efficient in cleaning the turrets being built so close to each other and in perfect shooting distance as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I finally managed to destroy another Power Generator. Only two remaining. Plus of course there is more additional forces to use.

[​IMG]

I get High Templars as well, plus Reavers. Woo hoo!

[​IMG]

Looks like Terran didn't spare any expenses when it comes to building Vultures. First thing is to make a safe spots for High Templars. They will kil Ghosts in the towers who will be using Lockdown powers on our Scouts.

[​IMG]

Psi Storms can be used as well on the mines to destroy them.

[​IMG]

I'm cleaning the whole sector in a careful manner. I need to watch out for the remaining mines and Goliaths / Tanks who are guarding the generator. I use High Templars on Goliaths to make them easier to kill for Scouts. But I need to be careful due to the tanks. Ghosts are giving them an extra sight on the situation, so you know the priorities here.

[​IMG]

Finally my air fighter are finishing the job here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The last generator. If we are careful, we should have a nice big group of varied units available.

[​IMG]

We met Ilsa, the She Wolf of TerranSS and her twin sisters here. Valkyries in a big groups can be lethal for air units, but luckily they can't do anything to ground troops.

[​IMG]

It's nice to troll the remaining Terran Forces with the Arbiter and his "put invisibility on nearby allies" ability.

[​IMG]

Meanwhile I move carefully with Dragoons and Reaver to clean the entrance to the generator.

[​IMG]

The Dragoons will be assisting my Scouts, since there are Wraiths and Battlecruiser in this last location.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finally, it's done. Our first meeting with UED forces has come to an end.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  24. Ninja Destroyer Arcane Patron

Ninja Destroyer
    Mission VI : Return to Char

Show Spoiler

[​IMG]

[​IMG] :

Executor, the Uraj is secured and the UED has given up the chase. We are currently holding perimeter orbit over the planet Char.
    Zeratul, have you locked onto the location of the Khalis?

[​IMG] :

Yes. I remember sensing its power the last time I was on this world.
    However, our sensors indicate a massive, fluctuating energy signature at its location. I am, however, unable to identify the signature's source.

[​IMG] :

That should be obvious, gentlemen; the source is the Overmind itself.
    When the Cerebrates merged together, they must have locked onto the Khalis' energies and nested near it.
    It's probable that there'll be a number of Broods protecting that area.
    It's risky, but if we can strike hard and fast, we might be able to fight our way through their defenses and escape with the crystal.

[​IMG] :

Comrades, I may have an alternative.
    Seeing as how the Overmind is still in its infant stages, I wonder if we might be able to disrupt its control over those Broods.
    If we can do enough superficial damage to the creature, it might pacify the Zerg nearest to it, allowing us some time to retrieve the Khalis.

[​IMG] :

A bold plan, young Artanis. Your courage rivals that of mighty Tassadar himself.

[​IMG] :

You give me too much credit, noble Zeratul. I am not worthy enough to even speak 'His' name.

[​IMG] :

Touching. Look, boys, either of these plans will work, but let's not waste any time.
    I'll be able to exert limited control over a few of the Zerg here and provide you with some back-up.
    But the longer we stay, the more we risk losing both the crystals again.

[​IMG] :

Agreed. Executor, deploy your forces. May Adun be with you!

Objectives :
    - Retrieve the Khalis crystal with a
    probe or drone

- OR -
    - Do enough damage to the Overmind
    to send it into remission

[​IMG]

We have Protoss and Zerg to command in this mission. This is the first time we can see in the campaign how their units work with each other. I'm going to retrieve the crystal, since it's the more elegant solution here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Protoss base is situated in a way, that will make both Broods keep coming more often than to the Zerg one. So it's good to plan ahead and make a preparations to help defend the positions here. There will be a massive influx of Hydralisks / Mutalisks / Guardians attacks in a big groups keep coming back, so it's important to remember to keep the ground troops safe and sound. Also, keep a small group of Dark Templars as well. As usual, their invisibility and high damage makes them great for skirmishes with Hydralisks.

[​IMG]

Not a momen too soon. This time I was lucky and the Zerg squad was a small one.

[​IMG]

I move my Observer to the west. We can see two Lurkers, which are upgraded Hydralisks and can attack with their spines all the ground forces and buildings. Of course I use Scout to get them off my lawn.

[​IMG]

I move the Zerg forces to a mineral field nearby the first base.

[​IMG]

The Orange Zerg brood is getting more anxious with his attack. Time to build another Zerg base.

[​IMG]

A nice, cosy safe base. I'm moving to the south with little steps and I have a good defensive position.

[​IMG]

Aha, I have reached the border here. My Sunken Colony destroys some of the Spore ones made by the other Zerg...

[​IMG]

Another Guardian quick raid.

[​IMG]

With the Observer I quickly realize how many Hydralisks and Zerglings is buried beneath this base. It won't be easy to take it. But wait, I have a plan!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I made some extra Zerg workers and made creep colonies on the one made by the Orange brood. I quickly upgrade them to more deadly variants.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now we are talking. Another base destroyed and we still have some extra resources to gather.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Time to concentrate on the task at hand since I've secured the remaining funding's for this mission.

[​IMG]

The upper island has been carefully cleaned by air units and some assistance from Hydralisks who are helping with the Scourge invasion which starts right after you try to engage in a bigger aerial fight.

[​IMG]

Orange brood is still strong. With all the Spore Colonies and huge bases, it's safer to just defend your bases and retrieve the crystal in between the attacks.

[​IMG]

The hill has been claimed by new allied forces. The Photon Cannons will work here almost constantly. It's a good idea to keep Hydralisks as well since there are Guardians and Mutalisks who will be attacking this spot constantly.

[​IMG]

A little finishing touch here from the Dragoon.

[​IMG]

After that I move small Zerglings numbers and destroy all the wretched Spore Colonies here.

[​IMG]

Oops, better be careful with my puppies. I just burrow here and let other units to deal with the Ultralisk.

[​IMG]

After that I'm continuing my wo...

[​IMG]

Looks like the Orange Zerg has finally grew some balls and tries to destroy my little outpost here.

[​IMG]

Not a chance!

[​IMG]

No burrowed units, I can make my final move with the Probe.

[​IMG]

:yeah:

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.