Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter StarCrawlers Chimera - single character cyberpunk dungeon crawler - now available on Early Access - coming May 13th

almondblight

Arcane
Yeah but the RPG system was very bare bones. I was hoping he would give us a sequel with better fleshed out RPG mechanics but oh well.
I think he said a while back that he was planning on a proper sequel. But it's been 5 years since the first one and he's still working on Chimera, so I'm not expecting things anytime soon.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
GOG gave the first one in a giveaway. Is this one even able to be completed?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1487560/view/3618110951850287676
Patch Notes for 21 December 22 - Winter Update

It's getting cold out there, so stay warm with toasty new patch notes - and keep an eye out for presents to pinch! Who knows what you might find... Happy Holidays everyone!

CHANGES
  • The Prototype can now enjoy food just like a real person and can make use of MedKits to heal. Repair Kits no longer drop. The Prototype continues to be unable to consume Chems and immune to Bleed and Poison effects.
  • All sources of healing for the Prototype (except Cannibalize) are reduced 50%.
  • Prototype Armor values per tier reduced as there are now more Prototype tiers.
  • Soldier Bomblet spawn reduced as there are now more Soldier abilities that spawn Bomblets.
  • Soldier Magnetronc tooltip clarified to show that it inflicts Electrified.

NEW Prototype Abilities

Haiku Module
: Being damaged has a chance to inspire a poem generated from random memories, buffing your defensive or offensive power. Improves with Prototype rank.
Perk : Ghost in the Shell
. Your haikus are 30% stronger and provide both defensive and offensive power.

Cannibalize Perk : Better, Faster, Stronger
. The machine-spirit effect persists until you consume another corpse.

Thunderclap Perk : Electrocutioner
. Thunderclap radius is increased 200% and has a chance to instantly kill common enemies.

H.A.M
: Reset the cooldown on Arm Cannon and Thunderclap and charge them to full power. If a target dies while H.A.M is active, refresh this effect.
Perk : Termination Mode
. While H.A.M is active, all incoming damage is reduced 90%, you are immune to most negative status effects, and you do not feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.

NEW Soldier Abilities

Bombardier Perk : Mad Bombardier
. When you throw a Grenade, activate (Frag Out! / Thermal Grenade) on the same target.

Rocket Strike Perk : Cluster Munition
. Enroute to the target, the rocket drops up to 6 Bomblets.

Magnetronc Perk: ICP-M
. Bomblet pull range is increased 100% and Bomblets pulled to the target deal bonus Shock damage.

Hellfire Salvo
: Launch 2 to 4 mini-rockets at each visible enemy that deal Fire damage. Mini-rockets with no target seek out enemies. Damage increases with Strength.
Perk : Infernal Bolts
. Mini-rockets deal additional Piercing damage and Burn their target.

Boomageddon
: Activate all Soldier abilities on the target. Boomageddon cooldown is reduced by 1 when an enemy dies.
Perk : Doomsday Clock
. If the target of Boomageddon dies, reset the cooldown on all other Soldier abilities.

NEW Big Guns Ability

Heavy Weapons Expert (Passive)
: When you equip a Heavy Ranged Weapon, you gain a unique ability depending on the weapon type.
Perk : Gunzerker
. Killing blows from your Heavy Weapons Expert ability reset the cooldown on all other Big Guns abilities.

FIXES
  • Fixed an issue with older saves not updating to abilities that have gained perk point options. This will be applied retroactively when a save is loaded.
  • Fixed a magic door on Security Floor that opened into the Screaming Void.
  • Fixed an issue that caused Soldier Bomblets to set damage to 0 when loading a save.
  • Fixed an issue with enemy abilities failing if they applied an effect that was resisted by the player (Fire / Chill / Shock / etc).
  • Fixed an issue with Psykonics Dominate that would cause stamina to continue draining after the ability resolves.
  • Fixed an issue where moving stackable items (ammo, food, etc) to the apartment stash would drop the item if the stash was partially full.
  • Fixed an issue with stackable items being dropped on themselves in inventory causing the items to vanish.
  • Reduced particle effect intensity on several Elementalist abilities.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1487560/view/5254045511855605905

Beta 1.5.2 Patch Notes (12 January 2023)
Slipping from the shadows into 2023 is a new update… Cyberninja, Smuggler, Void Psyker and Force Psyker trees are now complete! Engineer, Space Pirate and the utility skill trees will be following in a minor patch. The next major patch will unlock the 5th floor near the heart of Chimera’s operations : the Bio Labs.

NEW Cyberninja Abilities
Cyberninja abilities have been revisited and improved to reward stealthy gameplay and bonuses versus those Unaware targets. Once you’ve racked up some kills (and blown your cover), unleash the Rolling Thunder to rampage from target to target.
  • Assassin Strike / Shot
    Attack with your main hand weapon and deal bonus damage. If the target is Unaware, this ability is Instant.
    Perk : The Professional.
    Assassin Strike / Shot deals increased damage if the target is Unaware.

• Stealth Field (Instant)
    Activate to gain increased Stealth based on Cyberninja rank while draining Stamina each turn.
    Perk : GH-05T Matrix.
    When activated, enemies that can see you have a chance to become Unaware.

• Sneaky Assassin Perk : Nanotoxin.
    When attacking an Unaware target, you have a chance to poison and slow for 5 turns.

• Surge Perk : Overcharge.
    Surges also reduces the cooldown on all Cyberninja abilities by 1 to 3 turns.

• Deadly Focus Perk : Murderous Intent.
    While Deadly Focus is active, killing an enemy resets the cooldown on Deadly Focus.

• Rolling Thunder
    Killing an enemy grants you 1 stack of Rolling Thunder. Stacks up to 10 times. Activate to consume all stacks and gain Rolling Thunder for as many turns. While active, you gain Stamina, Crit, and deal increased damage each time an enemy dies.
    Perk : Stormfall.
    When an enemy dies while Rolling Thunder is active, activate Surge.

NEW Smuggler Abilities
The Smuggler has bargained for a selection of new abilities focused on creative uses of their credits. As you invest in your enemies demise and your own longevity, you build up the power of your Bounty to unleash on the strongest foes.
  • Mug (Passive)
    When a Humanoid corpse is nearby, you automatically rifle their pockets to loot a few bonus credits. Improves with Loot Find.
    Perk : Kleptothrillia.
    When you loot credits with Mug, all damage you deal briefly increases based on the amount looted.

• Flashbang Perk : Lure.
    Flashbang becomes Lure. Toss a distraction that forces nearby Unaware enemies to investigate it for several turns. When Lure expires, it explodes, dealing damage to nearby targets and inflicting Blind and Unaware.

• Sticky Fingers Perk : Velvet Touch.
    When you steal from a vendor for the first time, you always steal the most expensive item and always succeed.

• Insurance Policy
    Invest credits to absorb damage equal to your investment. More money, less problems.
    Perk : Fraudian Slip.
    While Insurance Policy is active, you recoup credits over time.

• Fistful of Credits (Instant)
    Toss credits at a target to deal damage.
    Perk : For A Few Credits More.
    If Fistful of Credits fails to kill the target, toss more credits and deal additional damage.

• Hired Goon
    Pay credits to teleport in a heavily armed merc to run wild and draw the attention of all nearby enemies…
    Perk : Buddy Shield.
    While your Hired Goon is nearby, 30% of damage taken is redirected to them.

• Bounty
    Pay credits to place a bounty on the target, boosting all damage taken for several turns. Improves each time you spend credits with a Smuggler ability, up to 100% bonus damage. Damage bonus resets after use.
    Perk : Wanted Dead (Not Alive).
    If the target dies while Bounty is active, recoup the credits you paid and Bounty loses only 50% of damage boost.

NEW Force Psyker Abilities
The Force Psyker has been reinforced with defensive psykonic abilities that allow them to absorb punishment and turn it against their foes. At max rank, the Behemoth awakens, allowing Force Psykers to equip a shield and heavy weapon together and render vengeance to the unworthy.
  • Kinetic Slam Perk : Kinetic Grab.
    If your target is at range, attempt to pull them next to you.

• Bastion Perk : Fortress of the Mind.
    On taking damage, you have a chance to begin gaining Armor each turn for several turns.

• Reverb Perk : Aftershock.
    When Reverb activates, deal damage to nearby enemies.

• Barrier Perk : Prescience.
    Each turn that Barrier is not active, the chance to trigger increases. Resets when Barrier triggers.

• Judgement
    When an enemy damages you, gain 1 stack of Judgement. Activate to consume all stacks and begin dealing damage each turn to all visible enemies. Stacks up to 10 times.
    Perk : Vengeance.
    When Judgement deals damage, the damage it deals increases.

• Behemoth (Passive)
    When a Heavy weapon is equipped in your main hand, you may also equip a shield. Your maximum Stamina is increased.
    Perk : Leviathan.
    Your Stamina regenerates 200% faster when it is below 30% of maximum.

NEW Void Psyker Abilities
Void Psykers have received new dark gifts in the form of abilities that reward you for maintaining dangerously high levels of Void Energy. Don’t fear the Void, make your enemies fear it. And then make the Void fear you with the new Ascendance perk : One with the Void.
  • Shadowcoil Perk : Ravenous Shadows.
    Shadowcoil deals reduced damage but attacks twice as many times and can repeatedly attack a single target.

• Tenebrous Vigor (Passive)
    Gain Stamina each turn as your Void Energy increases.
    Perk : Umbral Shell.
    As your Void Energy increases, you have an increasing chance to completely evade incoming damage.

• Tentacles Perk : Night of the Tentacle.
    Each Tentacle grants you Smarts.

• Void Blast Perk : Gloom Burst.
    If Void Blast kills the target, they cast Shadowcoil on nearby enemies.

• Essence Drain (Passive)
    Your damaging Void Psyker abilities inflict Essence Drain. Essence Drain deals minor damage each turn for several turns and heals you each time it deals damage.
    Perk : Veiled Lure.
    Victims of Essence Drain attract Void Monsters to attack them and take bonus damage from Supernatural enemies.

• Ascendance Perk : One with the Void.
    When you cast Ascendance, banish all visible Void Monsters and summon Tentacles in their place. While Ascendance is active, summon a new Tentacle each turn.

Changes
  • Removed Smuggler Vault ability - Smugglers now have new abilities and don’t need to steal from Acrobatics.

Fixes
  • Fixed an issue with a Production floor “food review” event if the player had already completed the boss fight.

Coming Soon
(in no particular order)
  • Floor 5 - The Bio Labs
  • Space Pirate, Engineer, and utility updates
  • ChimeraLinq update

As always, thank you for your support!
- Thunderflux & Juggernaut Games

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
talking about this, anyone know of games like the first game, especially in terms of length and complexity?

whocares

Savant
I will not eat the bugs. I will not live in a pod. I will not use 2FA.

Last edited:

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1487560/view/3646277565631324426
Patch notes for Beta 1.7 (24 July 2023)
The Bio Labs are alive. New floor, enemies, quests, events, loot and more!
Please sanitise your hands thoroughly before reading the following.

31e4919fa122fd24724e5ac68196e02f57b1c094.png

Descending in to the Bio Labs, you'll swiftly notice that not everything is working as intended. Rampaging experiments, uncontrolled mutations and a security lockdown mean new challenges to overcome - and new loot rewards!

Welcome to the Bio Labs
  • NEW
    Enemies : Hostile flora, fauna, and other weird things are looking forward to devouring you. Careful! Rampant mutation means certain enemies may surprise you with new abilities and powers. Additionally, a new enemy crawler has been spotted in the area.
  • NEW
    Event Rooms : Security lockdown on this floor requires certain key events to be resolved before the turbolift to the Special Projects floor (Coming Soon TM) is unlocked for use.
  • NEW
    Boss Room : With something a little different for veteran crawlers. These Chimera experiments are really getting out of hand...
  • NEW
    Quests : After the fiasco on the last floor, the Client has regained control of the Bonus Contract Crates.
  • NEW
    Loot : When you're done wrecking the Bio Labs, you'll have picked up some highly experimental new weapons, gear, accessories, and items to play with. If you find a Sickly Puppy, please be careful where you point it.
  • NEW
    Secret Stuff : New types of weapons and shields with bonus effects? New enemy types? New

? We can neither confirm nor deny any of this.

Changes & Additions
  • Reduced bloom intensity on shield meshes when equipped. Shields should melt incoming attacks, not your retinas.
  • Increased the original placement count for omnipicks on floors 3+.
  • Additional ambient ChimeraLinq posts will now appear on all floors. Thanks backers who completed their profiles! More ChimeraLinq content coming soon.

Fixes
  • Fixed an issue with hallway shadows on some floors causing areas of Impenetrable Darkness.
  • Fixed opening map menu while system menu is open, leading to undesired movement.
  • Fixed an issue with a security map variant creating an unreachable room.
  • Fixed a quest item on Floor 3, Production that could appear invisible on game load.

Coming Soon
  • The next patch will focus on ChimeraLinq, the Lore system, and backer-created enemies and weaponry.

Thanks all!
- Juggernaut Games

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/125859261/starcrawlers-chimera/posts/4076556

Kickstarter Final Dev Update - StarCrawlers Chimera is launching May 13th 2024!​

Hello backers! LAUNCH DATE DETECTED: StarCrawlers Chimera is launching May 13th 2024.

Head to the Steam and GOG pages to wishlist & favorite the game and receive an alert when the game launches on May 13th. Wishlisting & favoriting will also help spread awareness and visibility! As an indie title, our biggest strength is our awesome community.

A huge thank you to all backers - we couldn't have done it without you! If you've been playing and participating in the development process, a special bonus thank you to you too! The game has grown so much with the involvement and feedback of the community.

And we're just getting started! While the game has evolved during development, there's even more we'd love to add to expand the StarCrawlers universe and the Chimera experience. We'll need a short nap after launch, and then you can expect to see regular updates, improvements, and new content.

If you backed at a content creation tier (Influencer, Armorcrafter, Weaponsmith) and did not yet complete your survey to create your content - it's never too late! We'd love to see your creations in a future update, so please complete your survey or contact us if you have questions.

Do you like Discord? We'd love to chat with you leading up to the launch! Our Community Manager Kris has a variety of Bonus Contracts planned over the next month. What fabulous prizes might you win?! Come to Discord!

Thank you all again for your support, patience, and feedback. We'll send out one final (final) update on May 13th for the launch!

<3, Juggernaut Games

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Dunno man, I enjoyed the first Starcrawlers, but the series has been going downhill since then. This aint looking too good either. I wonder why they just dont make an actual sequel to the first game that would let you put together a party and hang out in a hub in between jobs...

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Dunno man, I enjoyed the first Starcrawlers, but the series has been going downhill since then. This aint looking too good either. I wonder why they just dont make an actual sequel to the first game that would let you put together a party and hang out in a hub in between jobs...
There was only one StarCrawlers game...

Stormcrowfleet

Aeon & Star Interactive
Developer
I wishlisted to keep it in my radar when it gets out to see reviews, etc. I'm in the minority but I prefer turn-based single-character dungeoncrawler over party-based.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I can play either TBH. Odd I wasn't alerted. I swore i had some sort of "Notify me" when launch occurs.

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
There was only one StarCrawlers game...

Oh... I thought this was already a sequel to the single character game already. Thought the second entry was already out lol.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom