Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News StarCrawlers returns with single character cyberpunk dungeon crawler StarCrawlers Chimera

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
instead of trying to improve upon their first release they took anything out that at least made it unique

Why does this happen so much its beyond me

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I can easily see it as single player, but I'd prefer a party. Ya'll remember Deathbringer and such. Those were some tricky blobbers done in a weird style. This game won't be nearly as difficult.

Orobis

Arcane
Sychophantic Noob
Yeah, it's pretty stupid take. The game looks terrible, but Unity isn't the problem
Unity is an abomination of an engine that's been plaguing the industry for years now and it needs to fuck off.

Yea it's a dumb take, but not buying Unity made games might incentivize these developers to stop using it.

I understand it's a cheap engine and that's why developers use it, but these days i'm starting to rank it up there with the all time greatest trash hits like Gamebryo, Neverwinter 2 engine and the monstrosity that was Gothic 3.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I still want to punch ubisoft in the nuts for its MMX idea that you have to purchase unity to mod that game. Retarded! Then again, I'm pissed at Fargo for not adding the BTCS to the trilogy for ease of making one's one modular bardstale like FRUA.

almondblight

Arcane
Not the direction I was expecting, but if done right a first person roguelike could be good. He says Dungeons of Dredmor was an inspiration, and that game was pretty enjoyable. Also looks like there will be some interesting encounters (different factions of enemies fighting each other, what happens on one floor influencing events on other floors).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom