Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

S.H.O.D.A.N.

Learned
Not like the Expanse' poster composition is anything we haven't seen countless times before.

ironmask

Arbiter
The concept art looks nice. Knowing Bethesda and game development in general it's probably going to look nothing like it in the base game.

Last edited:

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
Quoting Todd, Starfield is it's own thing,
“This isn’t Star Wars, or Star Trek, it's kind of its own thing – and I think as we show more, hopefully, it'll carve out its own niche,” says Howard. “It's still a game but it does like to give you this sense of, ‘I buy the reality of it’, right?
So if you look at the ship – you can probably design a much sleeker ship 300 years in the future, right? But this has touchstones back to the current space programme. So in your mind, you can draw this line between them. Like there's various guns the player has, and other weapons and things like that… but the more exotic ones feel exotic in the reality of the game versus not.

But Todd continues
Erm… I think you might see some lasers in a vacuum,” laughs Howard sheepishly. It is a game, let's make no mistake.

jungl

Augur
"Go where you want". Player lands on a planet gets greeted right away by not space preston to kill mudcrabs causing mining problems. I doubt this casualfag company is going to allow players to land wherever they want on a planet or require any player agency and thought process from the players. Its going to be a theme park game for 8 year olds.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Imagine multiple plausibly large planets that are, like most planets, mostly devoid of anything interesting. That is not how you activate the average Bethesda fan's dopamine receptors.

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
E34QehQXoAIA1zP

"We struggled to find its identity at first..."
So you're just remaking Skyrim again but this time in space?! I can't take Bethesda seriously anymore.

Source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/video-games/2021/06/13/starfield-bethesda/

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Fallout 3: Oblivion with guns

Skyrim: Fallout 3 with dragons

Starfield: Skyrim in space

Why, it's almost as though they only know how to make one game.

Drakortha

Liturgist
In the last 13 hours, Bethesda's latest vain attempt at marketing has well under 100k views on Youtube. That must really hurt, knowing that nobody gives a shit about Starfield no matter how much they try to market it as an epic.

Hey Bethesda, you may think your farts smell great and all but nobody else thinks so. So why don't you make an attempt at least at a decent RPG instead of trying to spin a load of bullshit? Because nobody cares. I know you aspire to be a household brand like Disney but it isn't going to happen. Your aspirations are all wrong. And they've been wrong ever since Skyrim's success got to your head. If only you could see how feeble your attempts at marketing look to everyone else. You are a pathetic excuse of a studio. Why don't you just die already, you sellouts.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
In the last 13 hours, Bethesda's latest vain attempt at marketing has well under 100k views on Youtube. That must really hurt, knowing that nobody gives a shit about Starfield no matter how much they try to market it as an epic.

Hey Bethesda, you may think your farts smell great and all but nobody else thinks so. So why don't you make an attempt at least at a decent RPG instead of trying to spin a load of bullshit? Because nobody cares. I know you aspire to be a household brand like Disney but it isn't going to happen. Your aspirations are all wrong. And they've been wrong ever since Skyrim's success got to your head. If only you could see how feeble your attempts at marketing look to everyone else. You are a pathetic excuse of a studio. Why don't you just die already, you sellouts.
maybe since recent past couple years people have gotten jaded and rejected those vague cinematic ass trailers. it tells nothing, the developers tells nothing, there is nothing yet. yet marketing still probably believe they can rouse excitement over some cinematics

ironmask

Arbiter
As much people here really would love to see starfield fail; it will probably be a huge success. Thinking that this will be a failure is just wishful thinking. It's got the Bethesda logo and that's all it needs to sell well.

Drakortha

Liturgist
maybe since recent past couple years people have gotten jaded and rejected those vague cinematic ass trailers. it tells nothing, the developers tells nothing, there is nothing yet. yet marketing still probably believe they can rouse excitement over some cinematics

Their marketing are paid way too much. They should all be fired. All hands on deck to develop some gameplay to show us. if they can't even do that, then what does that say about them as a studio?

Todd should fuck off, too. He has outstayed his welcome by this point. He was charming before Skyrim came out but now he's an asshole. Get rid of that fucker, PLEASE!

As much people here really would love to see starfield fail; it will probably be a huge success. Thinking that this will be a failure is just wishful thinking. It's got the Bethesda logo and that's all it needs to sell well.

It's going to fail. It's going to be another Cyberpunk / No Mans Sky / F76 situation. They are going to be begging people to play for years. Starfield is about to be their next live service game.

If you don't believe me then that's fine but your either a fanboy or you believed the fake marketing. There is nothing to suggest that Starfield will be a huge success. Infact quite the contrary. Under 100k on their latest upload is a pittance. That's less views than the average Youtuber. If you think that's enough public interest for a big budget title then I don't know what else to tell you. Maybe you're an idiot.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

With the opportunity to discuss Starfield Gameplay and Redfall Gameplay IGN's Destin Legarie sat down with Pete Hines, the SVP of Global Marketing at Bethesda to talk about some of the Bethesda announcements at the Xbox & Bethesda Games E3 2021 Showcase. Tune in to listen to Pete touch on Starfield and Arkane's new multiplayer shooter Redfall. Starfield and Redfall are exclusive titles coming to Xbox Series X and anywhere Xbox Game Pass can be found. Xbox E3 2021 had several announcements from the Xbox Bethesda Showcase airing during IGN's Summer of Gaming live stream. Bethesda E3 2021 reveals did not fail to dissapoint.

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
Let's hope they don't just swap elves with aliens. Let's hope there won't be any alien at all. At least not humanoid aliens.

Codex Year of the Donut

With the opportunity to discuss Starfield Gameplay and Redfall Gameplay IGN's Destin Legarie sat down with Pete Hines, the SVP of Global Marketing at Bethesda to talk about some of the Bethesda announcements at the Xbox & Bethesda Games E3 2021 Showcase. Tune in to listen to Pete touch on Starfield and Arkane's new multiplayer shooter Redfall. Starfield and Redfall are exclusive titles coming to Xbox Series X and anywhere Xbox Game Pass can be found. Xbox E3 2021 had several announcements from the Xbox Bethesda Showcase airing during IGN's Summer of Gaming live stream. Bethesda E3 2021 reveals did not fail to dissapoint.

WE WANT TODD

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom