Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

ArchAngel

Arcane
:lol:
Called it

No idiot
When people talk about day and night cycles, they do literally mean the process of the sun going up and down
What you described are NPC schedules, an entirely different gameplay system

Yeah, I guess when someone has double digit IQ like you, everything has to be pointed out to them word by word. Why would anyone care about the literal day/night cycle in an RPG past mid 90s? Every single one has them. It's like talking about a graphical UI or sound effects. But keep grasping at semantics, Morrowind is still shit. ;)
Saying that every RPG past the mid 90s has a NPC scheduling it's a maliciuous statement that makes you less of a man becase you are lying and you know it.

Here a small list:
Fallout I-II: No npcs scheduling
Bg I and II does not have it (Well, Beregost's blacksmith was empty at night)
Wizardry 8
Wizard and warriors
The Exile series
The NWN series
Wasteland 2-3
Planescape
Both games have it. When you enter houses at night residents can be found sleeping on beds unlike during day time. Then you can take their stuff.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Saying that every RPG past the mid 90s has a NPC scheduling it's a maliciuous statement that makes you less of a man becase you are lying and you know it.
Even more to the point, extremely-high-budget CRPG Baldur's Gate 3 will release without a day/night cycle, despite Porky the Popamoler's protestations that every single RPG has had them since the mid-90s. And this topic has been discussed extensively in several BG3 threads over the past few years. :M

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
yes, the dragonborn is indisputably more powerful than the nerevarine
strongly disagree.
nerevarine can fly, teleport around, has access to working invisibility, can achieve true invisibility (100% chameleon), can empty entire dungeons with a single gesture, and has access to waaaaaay better enchanted equipment.
even for non-mages, at anything lower than max level a smart nerevarine has already found at least full glass or mostly full daedric while the dragonborn is going to peruse through cadavers forever.
dragonborn can just belch very very loud.
They lie because they fear the Shezarrine.

Unrelenting ForceYour Voice is raw power, pushing aside anything - or anyone - who stands in your path.
Become EtherealThe Thu'um reaches out to the Void, changing your form to one that cannot harm, or be harmed.
Slow TimeShout at time, and command it to obey, as the world around you stands still.
Storm CallA Shout to the skies, a cry to the clouds, that awakens the destructive force of Skyrim's lightning.
CycloneYour Thu'um creates a whirling cyclone that sows chaos among your enemies.
Dragon AspectOnce a day, take on the mighty aspect of a dragon, delivering colossal blows, with an armored hide, and more powerful shouts.
Bend WillYour voice bends the very stones to your will. As it gains power, animals, people, and even dragons must do your bidding.
Call of ValorThe valiant of Sovngarde hear your Voice, and journey beyond space and time to lend aid.
Drain VitalityCoax both magical and mortal energies from your hapless opponent.
Marked for DeathSpeak, and let your Voice herald doom, as an opponent's armor and lifeforce are weakened.
Kyne's PeaceThe Voice soothes wild beasts, who lose their desire to fight or flee.
Soul TearYour Thu'um cuts through flesh and shatters soul, commanding the will of the fallen.
Whirlwind SprintThe Thu'um rushes forward, carrying you in its wake with the speed of a tempest.
Ice FormYour Thu'um freezes an opponent solid.
Aura WhisperYour Voice is not a Shout, but a whisper, revealing the life forces of any and all.
Animal AllegianceA Shout for help from the beasts of the wild, who come to fight in your defense.
DismayAnd the weak shall fear the Thu'um, and flee in terror.
Fire BreathInhale air, exhale flame, and behold the Thu'um as inferno.
Elemental FuryThe Thu'um imbues your arms with the speed of wind, allowing for faster weapon strikes.

Pretty strong for some burps, imagine if he farted?
Like I said, shouting is a shit power to have compared to the ability to mold and break the rules of magic in Morrowind.
Fus Ro Dah? Sheeeeeit, my level 60 Nord Barbarian wields a Daedric Battle Axe and can buff his ability scores well past 1000, delivering ungodly amounts of damage.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
There are like, what, three or four useful shouts? Unrelenting Force, Slow Time and Become Ethereal?
Whirlwind sprint is pretty handy. Actually other than the animal pacifism one, the rest have their uses.

Like I said, shouting is a shit power to have compared to the ability to mold and break the rules of magic in Morrowind.
Fus Ro Dah? Sheeeeeit, my level 60 Nord Barbarian wields a Daedric Battle Axe and can buff his ability scores well past 1000, delivering ungodly amounts of damage.
There are like, what, three or four useful shouts? Unrelenting Force, Slow Time and Become Ethereal?
Teh dragonb0rn: *BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP*

DisarmShout defies steel, as you rip the weapon from an opponent's grasp.

Delterius

Arcane

they should make a south park game out of this

fart all you want, while i'm 100% invisible, can act while it, i'm flyint out of reach, and can kill you, your family, your acquaintances and your distant relatives with a single spell.
tHE dRAGONBORN: *creating a pocket of air between the armpit of a partially raised arm and the hand, then swiftly closing the pocket by bringing the arm close to the torso, causing the air to push against the skin, creating a noise similar to the one produced by flatulence*

Storm CallA Shout to the skies, a cry to the clouds, that awakens the destructive force of Skyrim's lightning.

u:

electric-shock-figure-cartoon-vector-22923019.webp

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

Disarm shout only works up to a certain level.
A level 60 character won't be affected.
So pretty much Epic Fail.

EvilWolf

Learned

You gonna brap my arms off as I shove my 1000 hand-to-hand fist up your ass, widdle dwagonborn?

Last edited:

Latelistener

Arcane
If you have suggestions for other better games with this kind of freedom I'd love to hear about them. (I very much enjoyed Kenshi.)
If you haven't played Morrowind properly maybe you should. Despite its melee combat system and wiki style dialogues it features a truly unique world. Courtesy to Kirkbride I guess who ate a lot of mushrooms so we didn't have to. You won't find that kind of creativity in their newer titles. There is even a certain mages-only tower that can only be navigated properly with the levitation spell. They removed levitation in Oblivion because cities became separated by a loading screen and because as you know fun is not allowed. So yeah, magic was more fun too. Add to that a non-linear main quest with the ability to join one of three houses and a reputation system.

Dark Souls despite having little to no reactivity has a great combat system and truly various ways to create a character. Spears, halberds, tower shields, claws... you name it. Even weapons that aren't suppose to be wielded by humans. I guess those builds made by people to troll other people in PvP should speak for themselves.

I haven't played Kenshi yet, but I heard it's somewhat similar to Mount & Blade, which in turn took its inspiration from Pirates! Gold. There are probably more games like that. I heard Bannerlord is not exactly worse than Warband, but considering its development time people expected a lot more.

Last edited:

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Saying that every RPG past the mid 90s has a NPC scheduling it's a maliciuous statement
Even more to the point, extremely-high-budget CRPG Baldur's Gate 3 will release without a day/night cycle,
For me, what really elevates his post is the fact that this whole side discussion started because he claimed that a lack of NPC scheduling, among other gameplay systems, is the mark of a shit RPG
A gameplay feature which his beloved Witcher 3 lacks...

Last edited:

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Both Baldur's Gate games had day/night cycles. Some vendors are active during both daytime and nighttime. I know some fences and thieves in Athkatla are active only during the night and until early in the morning.

Last edited:

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
WOKE game. Made by people who hate you, and you love financing your own genocide. Give more moneyz to Microsoft and Bill Gates. Help him reach trillion $$$ and destroy Western civilization. Any Micrsoft company is ESG company

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
What will be your pronoun in Strafield, Codexers? No, reallly. You'll have to choose one in character creation menu

But pfttttt that's nothing *rolleyes*. Slippery slope doesn't exist and we haven't been slipping for 7+ years into mad dystopia

In couple of years you will have to suck nigger cock and upload image, in order to save your progress in Elder Scrolls 6

MICROSOFT SHIEEEEEEEEEEEEEET

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
That's the thing, unfortunately: they don't appeal to me. I think your main reasoning for me or anyone else not having fun because we can't find our own fun in the game is not really valid.
That's cool. I kind of lost sight of the target here and went from explaining why I like Bethesda games to why other players are bad people for not playing the same way I do. So apologies for that.

I still maintain that for players with my style, which it's possible is a set of one person on this planet, (some) Bethesda games are built very well for me to stretch my creative wings in and I hope to be able to do so again in Starfield.

If you have suggestions for other better games with this kind of freedom I'd love to hear about them. (I very much enjoyed Kenshi.)
Fuck bitches, make money, learn programming and make isomeric hardcore Skyrim in another dimension, prepare for upcoming hard times, read good books, read good manga/graphic novels, watch good movies, play good games, get a life???? Like do you LITERALLY HAVE TO PLAY AS TRANS SPACE NIGGER in Micro$oft latest ESG product or you'll what nigga? Die? :-D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom