Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Westerners: Let's spread niggers across the Galaxy
In case you didn't know: Xenomoprhs from ALien are metaphor for Niggers. Living BIO weapon

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
image.png

SUNNY-STREET.jpg

GXYLEJ1.png

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
The Wall I agree with you, but for the love of God, edit your posts my nigga instead of multiposting like crazy.
I apologize. I should be able to channel, control and use as mana for quality shitpost magic casting my mind much better
It's skill I'm working on, and have much room for improvement
I haven't been on Internet for few weeks, and this happens every time I return. I'm surprised how much Clown World has advanced. And people just keep drinking the poison. I've been EXCLUSIVELY playing good old and rare good new indie games. 0% wokery. Awesome storylines, captivating art styles, fun and deep gameplay mechanics. I'm playing Age of Wonders 1, HighFleet and Fallout: New Vegas. All for the first time
I have 0 plans of trading my entire worth as human being and my principles so I can LARP as SpaceTransNiggerGayPirate in Starfield. I have Mass Effect 1-3 (never played them), Gundam anime and BattleStar Galactica series for my space larp. Also never enjoyed them. Also I'm reading book about Byzantium. There's 100+ list of movies alone I made for this year. All great movies. Never watched any. Doubt I' ll manage to fuck all the bitches and watch all the movies in same year. Maybe some multi-tasking is in order lol
I'm less then 30 years old. I'm in prime years for fucking, rebeling, living. I refuse to eat shit, call it cream brulee and be good little NPC. Starfield? Bitch please. We have real Galaxy of opportunities to explore

Last edited:

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
My point is very simple. So simple even a Ukranian could undestand it: IF game has pronouns, that's WOKE Seig HEIL! AND it will not, and it is never just some small, insignificant option. It's a symptom of disease which will show in story, in gameplay, in how well it was coded, in how many bugs it have etc. It's metalic taste in mouth for radiation poisoning. I'm not gonna Seig Heil the Mad Clown World Order. Let me repeat myself: I'm not going to Seig Heil the Mad Clown World Order

Todd Howard did it for money. I'm not going to do it. I have life worth living, I can't get bored. I don't need Starfield in my life

:lol:
Called it

No idiot
When people talk about day and night cycles, they do literally mean the process of the sun going up and down
What you described are NPC schedules, an entirely different gameplay system

Yeah, I guess when someone has double digit IQ like you, everything has to be pointed out to them word by word. Why would anyone care about the literal day/night cycle in an RPG past mid 90s? Every single one has them. It's like talking about a graphical UI or sound effects. But keep grasping at semantics, Morrowind is still shit. ;)
Saying that every RPG past the mid 90s has a NPC scheduling it's a maliciuous statement that makes you less of a man becase you are lying and you know it.

Here a small list:
Fallout I-II: No npcs scheduling
Bg I and II does not have it (Well, Beregost's blacksmith was empty at night)
Wizardry 8
Wizard and warriors
The Exile series
The NWN series
Wasteland 2-3
Planescape

You lack the reading comprehension to even read what I wrote in the post you are quoting. "Why would anyone care about the literal day/night cycle in an RPG past mid 90s? Every single one has them." I was talking about day/night cycles here.

Saying that every RPG past the mid 90s has a NPC scheduling it's a maliciuous statement that makes you less of a man becase you are lying and you know it.
Even more to the point, extremely-high-budget CRPG Baldur's Gate 3 will release without a day/night cycle, despite Porky the Popamoler's protestations that every single RPG has had them since the mid-90s. And this topic has been discussed extensively in several BG3 threads over the past few years. :M

Zed Doink of Buttsville chimes in with a hot take. Take it up with Sven, he is on your level. Literally every shitty RPG has a day/night cycle. And who cares? A day/night cycle is just a different color pallette. Your beloved Morronwind has nothing to offer as far as actual differences between day and night.

Saying that every RPG past the mid 90s has a NPC scheduling it's a maliciuous statement
Even more to the point, extremely-high-budget CRPG Baldur's Gate 3 will release without a day/night cycle,
For me, what really elevates his post is the fact that this whole side discussion started because he claimed that a lack of NPC scheduling, among other gameplay systems, is the mark of a shit RPG
A gameplay feature which his beloved Witcher 3 lacks...

So what? Did I ever claim Witcha 3 was perfect? It has a lot of flaws. However, with that said, it is a masterpiece in terms of writing, dialogues, lore, setting, graphics, presentation, cinematic quality, and has a decent combat system for an RPG (especially once modded). Morronwind, on the other hand, barely has anything past its flaws.

Robotigan

Learned
So what? Did I ever claim Witcha 3 was perfect? It has a lot of flaws. However, with that said, it is a masterpiece in terms of writing, dialogues, lore, setting, graphics, presentation, cinematic quality, and has a decent combat system for an RPG (especially once modded). Morronwind, on the other hand, barely has anything past its flaws.
I think "true RPG" argument obscures the real differences between CDPR and Bethesda. I'm not even sure it has anything to do with RPG-ness at all, more just general game design. It's kinda like the difference between Rockstar and Valve. CDPR/Rockstar make a representation of their fictional world, Valve/Bethesda create something closer to a model. If that distinction makes sense. In this analogy, a representation seeks to resemble its subject as much as possible whereas a model is intended to describe its subject in function.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Zed Doink of Buttsville chimes in with a hot take. Take it up with Sven, he is on your level. Literally every shitty RPG has a day/night cycle. And who cares? A day/night cycle is just a different color pallette. Your beloved Morronwind has nothing to offer as far as actual differences between day and night.
What are you even talking about? Have you even played Morrowind?!?

I think "true RPG" argument obscures the real differences between CDPR and Bethesda. I'm not even sure it has anything to do with RPG-ness at all, more just general game design. It's kinda like the difference between Rockstar and Valve. CDPR/Rockstar make a representation of their fictional world, Valve/Bethesda create something closer to a model. If that distinction makes sense. In this analogy, a representation seeks to resemble its subject as much as possible whereas a model is intended to describe its subject in function.

You can look at it that way, but either a representation or a model is only as good as its actual quality. CDPR's surface level representation as you say is excellent, sure the underneath logic of their games is mostly bad or non-existent, but the surface stuff is so good that you can gain a lot of quality entertainment from it.

Bethesda, on the other hand, may have an actual model for their games, but the model is so shallow and bad in every way, that it is utterly irrelevant. You want a good game with an underlying functional model, try something like Gothic, Fallout, Deus Ex. None of Bethesda's games belong in that conversation.

What are you even talking about? Have you even played Morrowind?!?

Done simping in the 'box and come to chat with the big boys, eh mate? I've completed Morronwind with that base building expansion, love. Was too bored to complete the 2nd expansion.

I don't think YOU've played Morronwind. A random google search returns this:

"NPC schedules mod.
Is there any mod that makes NPCs move around more? Such as giving them schedules like the NPCs in Oblivion. I always thought Morrowind could have hugely benefited from something like this. "
https://steamcommunity.com/app/22320/discussions/0/490124466458057254/?l=brazilian

And 20,000 other results like this. "Can I hazz some NPC behavior???"

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Why the fuck are there 200 posts in a row about day/night cycles? Is the point that Bethesda sucks because their games don't have "real" day/night cycles?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom