Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
At the end of the day, your post doesn't say anything.
At the end of the day you're a fucking retard who double posts and your criticisms boil down to "This is a criticism. No, I will not elaborate"

If you disagree with my statement feel free to tell me what part and why.

Silverfish

Arbiter
At the end of the day, your post doesn't say anything.

It's gotta be tough when "While Morrowind could have done a better job with its directions for quest locations or objectives, people who prefer exploration to a floating Dorito over their heads are so starved for options that even an imperfect implementation is a Godsend" is too much.

EvilWolf

Learned
I think people always gush about morrowind directions despite them sometimes being shit because they're more interested in the idea than the execution. If a game did what morrowind tried to do successfully it would be a great experience. I would also say that despite some really bad examples they mostly worked.

At the end of the day explore fags will be explore fags and will take anything that encourages that type of gameplay.
Literally the only thing Morrowind exploration did wrong was not have three quests playtested properly to find the innacurate directions.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Hey guess who's not dead.

What's funny is that I was literally just thinking about the possibility of the next Elder Scrolls being in Hammerfell. I don't think there's been a game set there yet and there's that whole political turmoil thing where they're occupied by the Thalmor and the Redguard really hate that shit, so the main quest could have you larping as the reincarnation of Pelinal or something to liberate mankind from their Elven oppressors.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I would like to see TES game about dwemer disappearance. They could even make a cool detective spin off/archeology game like tomb raider.
Don't think it'll happen anytime soon.
The ultimate fate of the Dwemer is better left as a mystery. Their tampering with the Heart of Lorkhan led to their mysterious disappearance.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron

What's funny is that I was literally just thinking about the possibility of the next Elder Scrolls being in Hammerfell. I don't think there's been a game set there yet and there's that whole political turmoil thing where they're occupied by the Thalmor and the Redguard really hate that shit, so the main quest could have you larping as the reincarnation of Pelinal or something to liberate mankind from their Elven oppressors.

The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall was set in the Iliac Bay region, which included a substantial portion of Hammferfell, though less than of High Rock.

UsZpq64.jpg
KElJZFe.jpg

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane

The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall was set in the Iliac Bay region, which included a substantial portion of Hammferfell, though less than of High Rock.

UsZpq64.jpg
KElJZFe.jpg

I was thinking more of being entirely set in Hammerfell, much like how Oblivion was set in Cyrodil and Skyrim was set in, well, Skyrim, but fair enough.

Butter

Arcane
Patron

UsZpq64.jpg
KElJZFe.jpg

Additionally, Arena allows you to visit the entire continent, including Hammerfell. And Redguard takes place in Stros M'Kai, which is part of Hammerfell.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
For a game releasing soon(ish), I'm seeing zero hype or media coverage. I'm smelling another fallout 4 Trainwreck with shit performance and bugs everywhere.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
The troll move is to just drop the game with zero fanfare besides a Twitter post saying "It's out."

Gotta flex that brand recognition. Big daddy Bethesda needs no marketing campaign.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
For a game releasing soon(ish), I'm seeing zero hype or media coverage. I'm smelling another fallout 4 Trainwreck with shit performance and bugs everywhere.
And increasingly dumbed-down "RPG" elements.
You think they can get more streamlined than phone UI + upgrade green bar, red bar, or blue bar? How?

"Would you like to level up?" -> YES (Level goes up by 1, no other effects.) | NO (Nothing happens.)

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
You think they can get more streamlined than phone UI + upgrade green bar, red bar, or blue bar? How?

"Would you like to level up?" -> YES (Level goes up by 1, no other effects.) | NO (Nothing happens.)
No skills, no level up screen, you just deal a set number of extra damage after an arbitrary amount of gameplay time.
To decrease the amount of time needed for such bonuses, you have to watch 24 hours of ads from Bethesda's sponsors, or pay a microtransaction.
If you want actual skills you have to buy the "class RPG Skill pack" DLC. There a DLC for each skill tree, and there will be 30 of them. Because in the mind of a suit, if it works for Paradox, it must work for everyone else.

Cross

Arcane

I wouldn't underestimate Bethesda's ability to dumb things down even further. They spent actual money to have voice actors record the same line in slightly different ways to give the illusion of multiple distinct dialogue choices.

EEFSDLSmyMKNKo7XDjGsgpEmGTyJKneH-_D6OZWgI8Y.jpg

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

I wouldn't underestimate Bethesda's ability to dumb things down even further. They spent actual money to have voice actors record the same line in slightly different ways to give the illusion of multiple distinct dialogue choices.

EEFSDLSmyMKNKo7XDjGsgpEmGTyJKneH-_D6OZWgI8Y.jpg
Where is the sarcastic dialogue option?

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

No skills, no level up screen, you just deal a set number of extra damage after an arbitrary amount of gameplay time.
To decrease the amount of time needed for such bonuses, you have to watch 24 hours of ads from Bethesda's sponsors, or pay a microtransaction.
If you want actual skills you have to buy the "class RPG Skill pack" DLC. There a DLC for each skill tree, and there will be 30 of them. Because in the mind of a suit, if it works for Paradox, it must work for everyone else.
Please delete this before some Bethtard sees it. That's diabolical.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
They spent actual money to have voice actors record the same line in slightly different ways to give the illusion of multiple distinct dialogue choices.

In all seriousness, the "I took care of those Raiders for you" is turn in dialogue for generic radiant quests where a settler asks you to clear out raiders giving them trouble. They can be a named character like Blake in the video or just a generic settler. This quest in particular is a sidequest but the dialogue is the same both in tone and words used when saying the line. There isn't multiple ways he says it. The "I took care of those Raiders for you" sounds the same exact way no matter which option you choose. So no, they didnt have him record it in a slightly different way.

When using Extended Dialogue Interface throughout the game you will notice the voice lines / responses of the player character are quite varied. The real issue isnt the make believe one you bought into without actually knowing what you are talking about, the real issues is they all lead to the same conclusion. The "Yes, Yes, Sarcastic Yes, No" meme is the actual truth of the matter. No matter which option you choose, and the voice lines are quite varied throughout the game, you always end up choosing yes or no in the end. The only real choice in the base game (nuka world and far harbor both have this too) is faction choice. The silly things is you can work with every single faction right up until the very end where you choose which one you wish to commit to. That isnt't to say you cant become enemies/destroy a faction as soon as you encounter them. You can.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom