Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Codex Year of the Donut
but people who claim to want free expression throwing in their lot with wacko Fox News religious conservatives
I like how you dodged my post pointing out how wrong you are.

Flying Dutchman

Learned
I haven’t followed this at all, but how is Bethesda expected to make a game set in OUTER FUCKING SPACE when they can’t figure out how to implement a Z-axis well enough to make ladders work?

They'll have the aliens in Prey come over and show the developers how it's done!

I actually don't know how well "space" was implemented in Prey, though.

Codex Year of the Donut
xP0wPvB.jpg

robinox

Educated
i dig the industrial aesthetic, reminds me of alien and outland. i hope it will be a good game.

The Dutch Ghost

Arbiter
I'm still waiting for the official TES - Fallout - Starfield crossover announcement.

Ugh, now I imagine some kind of Bethesda like "Heroes of the Storm" multiplayer game.
Fallout should never be mixed in with any of Bethesda's other IPs. Hell they should not have had the IP in the first place.

Narax

Educated
The aesthetics seems to be going for an early-space travel tech, which is a nice change from the overdone futuristic styles used in Destiny, Anthem, and pretty much every other sci fi AAA game.

JDR13

Arcane
I'm still waiting for the official TES - Fallout - Starfield crossover announcement.

Ugh, now I imagine some kind of Bethesda like "Heroes of the Storm" multiplayer game.
Fallout should never be mixed in with any of Bethesda's other IPs. Hell they should not have had the IP in the first place.

There was a rumor a few years back that Bethesda was going to announce that all 3 series took place in the same universe. TES would be the distant past, FO the present or near future, and Starfield the distant future. It was all quite retarded.

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
is it time for "science-fiction, to us, is a robot flying around space in a rocket, killing stuff with a blaster" yet?

The Dutch Ghost

Arbiter
There was a rumor a few years back that Bethesda was going to announce that all 3 series took place in the same universe. TES would be the distant past, FO the present or near future, and Starfield the distant future. It was all quite retarded.

Whoever considered that is either stoned or absolutely stupid.
They shouldn't draw the Fallout universe into whatever mess they make of their own properties.

Another good reason why IPs from one company should not be bought by another company.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
I haven’t followed this at all, but how is Bethesda expected to make a game set in OUTER FUCKING SPACE when they can’t figure out how to implement a Z-axis well enough to make ladders work?
Its a gimmick for releasing the same game over and over again. Fantasy and post apoc were getting stale because they lost all their good TES people in the early 2000s and they never understood Fallout, so to keep selling the same damn game they are off with another gimmick.

So no, they don't need to figure anything out.

Plenty of leftists were trying to ban gaming as well. We were up against an unholy alliance of nanny-state liberals and moralist conservatives. That was in the past though, now most of them are in dead or in retirement homes and can't trouble anyone.

I'm firmly on record saying both sides are shit, but people who claim to want free expression throwing in their lot with wacko Fox News religious conservatives is just amusingly retarded to me. Bioware using trannies is the price you pay for Rockstar using hookers, that's free speech baby.

Just lol.

Wunderbar

Arcane

EkpAe_UXIAYMUd7

EkpAbLHXEAQMLY2

Bethesda Game Studios senior programmer's Linkedin said:
For BGS, i've been busy replacing Havok Behavior with a custom animation system for Starfield and all future BGS console games. It features graph based editing, live monitoring, in-game animation rewind tools, predictive foot ik with bone scaling and retargetting, high quality compression and a very high level of performance.

Sounds similar to Assassin's creed/Rockstar animation systems. No more floaty movement!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom