Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

ZVERMIX

Learned
Patron
Insert Title Here My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Honestly if you think about it, it's mildly shocking the studio hasn't delivered anything since Fallout 4. I imagined this would be a cross generation game released this year at one point, now it'll be released maybe next year, and the 1st year of a console generation is traditionally not the most commercially successful due to install base.
They did the '1st year of next-gen' thing with Oblivion. I imagine they are aiming for this with Starfield too.
5+ years after F4 is a little long though, I agree.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I think F76 was made by the studio in Austin, which isn't exactly the same thing as Bethesda, Maryland Virginia (they moved from Bethesda apparently for a bigger office).

LizardWizard

Cipher
I think F76 was made by the studio in Austin, which isn't exactly the same thing as Bethesda, Maryland Virginia (they moved from Bethesda apparently for a bigger office).

Didn't Todd himself claim that he raised the banners of all the studios to 'help' with 76 :D

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Didn't Todd himself claim that he raised the banners of all the studios to 'help' with 76 :D

Yeah sure, probably for Q/A.

Video games are mostly designed and made by the Lead Developers, who basically control their departments.

The important faces are the Director/Creative Director/Modelling Lead/Programming Lead/etc, making the final decision means that the success or failure of the project is concentrated in remarkably few hands.

Codex Year of the Donut
After FO76 flopped a lot of effort went into the big Wastelanders update which probably took away some core talent from their major studios.

Readher

Savant
Yes, it was made mostly by Austin, but Pete Hines still considers it a mainline release, so it hasn't been 5 years since the last BGS release (at least Bethesda doesn't think so).

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
The spacer's guild is recruiting again. Good work, if you've got the stones for it.

I've heard others say the same.

Heard any news from the other planets?

Nothing I'd like to talk about.

I saw a space crab over by the black hole the other day. Horrible creatures, I jump to hyperspace whenever I see them.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
kzUuaBa.jpg

thinking.png

Yes, it was made mostly by Austin, but Pete Hines still considers it a mainline release, so it hasn't been 5 years since the last BGS release (at least Bethesda doesn't think so).

Still, in comparison to the last generation of consoles when they made Oblivion, Fallout 3, and Skyrim; it's a little weird that the only thing they released during the lifecycle of the PS4 and XBOX One, or at least the seven years of it so far, is just Fallout 4...Fallout 4 and I guess that iOS Blades game if that was the Washington studio.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Some "leaks" on /v/

1604954848843.jpg

More hard sci-fi than fantasy sci-fi, with a focus on space exploration
Everyone at BGS is working full time on it, and there's a possibility of coming out next year

For fucks sakes, are they still using Gamebryo?
Graphics look like a cleaner Fallout 4 and like that game colors and textures look unpleasent, like they're somehow "dirty"

Wunderbar

Arcane
Some "leaks" on /v/

1604954848843.jpg

Everyone at BGS is working full time on it, and there's a possibility of coming out next year

For fucks sakes, are they still using Gamebryo?
Graphics look like a cleaner Fallout 4 and like that game colors and textures look unpleasent, like they're somehow "dirty"
those are probably some old-ass screenshots from 2017 or something. Believe in Todd!

Yoomazir

Educated
My guess is that they will, if not done already, syphon talents from id software and Arkane along with asking MS for software engineers.

The Dutch Ghost

Arbiter

Knowing Bethesda's record I don't believe them. Believe that they would make a "hard" sci fi because I just don't think they have the skills for that.
I am also pretty sure that marketing would probably insist to make the game more generic sci fi so that it is more approachable for average gamers who only experience with that genre are Hollywood movies and television/streaming shows.

I do think that Bethesda will advertise it as "more hard sci fi".

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
So is this going to be walking- or floatingsim?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom